Destination based
- 4 (80%)
Other (specify)
- 0 (0%)
Don't know/don't care
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2- turn 3: Ready to go  (Read 53543 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 25: Hospital incoming?
« Reply #390 on: March 04, 2010, 01:15:07 am »

We could do both.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 27:the last.
« Reply #391 on: March 07, 2010, 04:10:21 pm »

Quote from: RAM
I try the 'get the mabàli to charge the wall' plan, but try to use fire magic to pruduce a flash of light bright enough to temporarily blind it before it gets close enough to gore me.
| After telling Jetsquirrel to stay back and watch how the “mabàli on the wall” trick has to be done, you go out, attract its attention and then use magic to create a flash in the air, blinding the mabàli enough to allow you to escape , leaving only air between the mabàli and the wall. After the inevitable crash, while the mabàli is stunned, on the ground, you climb on its back and put your hand on its head. Then, you free yourself of the burden of the pocket of magic that is eating you alive.
The mabàli suddenly becomes hot, then its skin starts melting before cooling down. You go back into the building.
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
I help that plan again!
| RAM pushes you aside, then you watch he stunning and probably killing the mabàli. You are amazed.

Quote from: Digital Hellhound
fix the gun

|You think you found the problem and start working. After some work,  the gun seems to be in perfect shape.
Quote from: Kashyyk
I lie back in (relative) comfort and  I concentrate on healing my joints
| You try to focus your mind on magic, you try to heal your joints. An external force seems to flow through you, apparently fixing your joints. You can’t feel much, however, due to pain killers
Quote from: Diakron
go exploring!
|You decide to go exploring. There is only one door left to open, so you go to the control room and , seeing Flintus’s efforts to open the heavy door, you join him.

Quote from: Flintus10
Try again to open the door that was causing me so much trouble
| After Diakron arrives to help you, the doors starts moving. Soon, it is open and you can finally look inside. This room is not like any other room in the building, it is much, much bigger, so much that you can’t see the other end of it, it is the only room to have pillars for support. As far as the eye can see , the room is full of stacked electronic devices, dividing it in huge corridors. Each block seem to have a base of 2x17 devices, 20 machines high. Each of these things, computers maybe, are cuboids, longer than they are wide or high. They are in sturdy metal casings and seem to be bolted together. A voice calling you brings your eyes back to floor level; in front of you there is a person looking exactly like you. It is standing on some strange machinery. Walking closer to him, you see that he is an hologram.
“Finally. We were waiting for you”.
Background roll :
STATUS
Quote from:  RAM status
Equipment:  XClothesX  , flashlight(5/20, off), bandage kit (19/20), pain killer(gel, 16/20)
Health: unharmed
Abilities:thermal magic, undeveloped healing magic   
Special Status:
Quote from:  Digital Hellhound status
Equipment: Clothes ,flashlight(0/20),modified needlegun ),diary
Health:
Abilities: 
Special Status: stone arms
Quote from:  Diakron status
Equipment: Clothes, crowbar, flashlight(0/20) 
Health:  unknown hand health,
Abilities: steel hand fighting . Telekinesis    , strong nuclear force manipulation.
Special Status:hulk hand steel covered hand,
Quote from:  Jetsquirrel status
Equipment: Clothes ,2 fuel tanks ,
Health: Unharmed 
Abilities: none   
Special Status:suicide bomber
Quote from:  Kashyyk status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight (0/20), flashlight (0/20), cup,
Health: unharmed… mostly
Abilities: .
Special Status: Painkillers(16/20)
Quote from: Flintus10 status
Equipment: Clothes, funnel, flashlight(0/20),string, Odd device(Fun) 
Health: Broken nose  , Small cut, bandaged(3/6), Small cut, bandaged(4/6) bent ribs
Abilities: undeveloped healing magic
Special Status:cheater

NPCs
Golem
LOCATIONS
Spoiler: unknown building (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 05:16:20 pm by andrea »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 07, 2010, 04:43:27 pm »

Go back down and explore more, pick anything usefull on the way. If i find a Wrench TAKE IT

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 27:the last.
« Reply #393 on: March 08, 2010, 10:49:31 am »

Jetsquirrel, look at the beginning of my post.

[...]last turn[...]
Next update will be just a bit of narrative, so there is no need for actions.

there isn't going to be any action. next turn will be later, much later, in summer probably. And your action won't be that, most likely.
Maybe you missed the parts in which I spoke about it, but this RTD is going to stop and restart when I have more free time, after exams.
But the new RTD will feature a world map, you will be able to travel freely... or almost. I'll use the spare time to think of places for you to visit in the world, should you wish so. There will also be a more definite goal.
This turn was always meant as a turning point in the RTD luckily, so I didn't have to change anything to make it work.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 14, 2010, 05:00:15 pm »

got wisdom tooth pulled this week, which pushed my will to work on anything down below the floor. I'll still write this last narrative turn sometime.
I don't want to rush this one, because I need to cover some things..

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 25, 2010, 09:21:20 pm »

What does the second half of summer translate to in Andrea-Land? You crazy upside-down folk always seem to have your seasons backwards...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 30, 2010, 02:56:54 am »

second half of july. June July and august are summer for me.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - will resume on july.
« Reply #397 on: July 07, 2010, 08:35:01 am »

In the distance can be heard playing a very quiet, very slow version of the shark's theme from Jaws. Something is coming...
Not trying to pressure anything, just found myself in a bit of a silly mood...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 07, 2010, 09:39:29 am »

DUN DUN DUN
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 08, 2010, 09:54:12 am »

recovering from recently ended exams and outrageously high temperature.

andrea cancel posting: struck down by summer.

more seriously, may resume anytime. You will all get a message when it happens. may be today, tomorrow or they day later, but it is restarting soon.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 10, 2010, 05:04:39 pm »

sorry, was late due to forum downtime. But I still managed to write it all and I'll post it now, hoping to have made no errors ( no big ones at least)
Enjoy! ( there is a short version at the end)

“Who are you, what is this place? It is huge…”
“This place is all that is left of us. This place, and hope. And you are our only hope. We saw that the vats revived you just before they ran out of power. Don’t you remember anything? Is the damage so big?”
“ We don’t remember much, not even about our life”
“Most of what we know is what the golem told us, but his memory was damaged too. Who are we, who are you, what is this place?”
“And what are we supposed to do?”
“It is a long story. Some of this you may already know, some you may not. Call your friends, as this story is important for you all.”
~
“ We have always been peaceful people, never fighting unless it was inevitable. We made alliances instead of wars. And we succeeded, becoming the dominant force on the planet, together with the golems. We assumed that civilization could only evolve in this way, eliminating aggressive species by the combined force of the more cooperative ones. We were wrong.”
“ A day, our long range radars detected something in the high atmosphere. We discovered a space ship that just entered orbit. We tried to contact them both by magic and technological means and we got an answer soon: they started shooting down our satellites. Our shuttles lacking weapons, we could stop that attack only thanks to golem’s inorganic nature, which allowed them to use their magic in space, where we would be impeded by spacesuits. We had t build weapons, knowing that they would be back. A year later, the war started.”
“This time we were prepared, but it was soon clear that it was a lost war. They were more than us, they had better weapons, better technology, much more experience in the art of war. In the first days, the sentient speciesof the south were slaughtered , their civilizations destroyed during their industrial revolution. Then they turned their attention to the golems and us. We fought well, holding the ground as much as we could, but we were steadily losing cities , outposts, army bases, mines. The worst hit came when they destroyed the academy of science and magic. The only reason we were able to survive for all this time was that apparently the invaders couldn’t use any kind of magic, leaving them defenseless against some of our attacks.”
“This desperate struggle for survival triggered a desperate need for a new weapon which could end the conflict. The first efforts were directed toward the monolith, our traditional source of technology. But , surprisingly, the breakthrough was in one of the few fields we developed ourselves, neurosciences. In particular, we found the parts of the brain that give to us, and to all other higher living beings, the qualities we normally refer to as “sentience”. And, what is most important, we started developing a way to destroy these parts through the use of a powerful electromagnetic pulse. With enough research, we could target our enemies, and only them, all at once, and drop them dead without harming anyone else; a radical solution, which we would normally have abhorred but the only one left. Unluckily, we soon hit a wall when our scientists discovered they would need enemy prisoners to continue research. At the time, we were rapidly losing the war: the last golem caves were destroyed, most of our cities damaged, the enemies every day closer to the capital. Taking prisoners would have been an hopeless mission. Activating the weapon without it being complete would have killed ALL sentient beings on the planet, including us. After building the sphere in which you found the golem, we soon realized that we couldn’t defend a decent number of us against an EMP strong enough to get through shields and armor of spaceships which were scattered all the way from atmosphere to our moon. But the same research which allowed us to build the weapon gave us a last hope: we could transfer our minds into computers. Risky, not tested, but the only way to live. We built this place, uploaded as many people as we could, shielded the last golem alive in the sphere and finally pulled the trigger. And here we are now.”
“of course, we also needed someone to stay. One of the last things we build was the cloning room in which you awakened. Each unit held the consciousness of a person, and all the materials and energy to clone a new body when the time arrived. We programmed them to start the cloning either when our radar arrays stopped receiving enemy signals for at least a year or just before batteries ran out of power. From what we could gather something destroyed the radars just after the weapon was used, so you were cloned with the last power left in the batteries. Something must have gone wrong with memory however. The computers in this room , our minds,  were scheduled to turn on only after at least the backup power was reactivated. Which you did.”
“ Unluckily, we were forced to activate the weapon early, which means that we aren’t ready to bring everybody back to life. The main problem is that to complete the process we need much more power than the hydrocarbon generator can produce and the last trucks which were carrying uranium were destroyed by the invaders. Then, we need to finish filling the organic compounds tanks. Then repair the damage done by the long time of inactivity. Clocks say that it has been 15 years since the end of the war. There are three possible sources of uranium: the mines of the golems, where uranium is extracted. The ruins of the academy of science and magic. Or , if they are still intact, the power plants of the capital. This, unless you want to try to locate the lost trucks, assuming that there is anything left. You are our last hope to live once again and rebuild what was lost.”
“Another possibility, if everything else fails, is to look for help elsewhere. At the beginning we planned to send a spaceship into outer space, to hope to find an inhabitable or inhabited planet where the colonists could continue our civilization or call for help, but the arrival of the first invader fleet didn’t allow us to launch it. The cryogenic system is unfinished, but with the latest improvements in mind uploading may allow you to still launch it and be successful.”
“We will still be able to clone few people with normal fuel and the materials we have here, but the amount of fuel we would need to complete the process is enormous. We could still do it without uranium, but you would have to find an enormous amount of fuel of some kind… other than the organic compounds we would still need.”
“To assist you, before being uploaded we prepared a flying vehicle, strong, fast and able to carry great weights over large distances. It is strong and big  enough for all of you, the golem and a good deal of fuel tanks. A full load is already prepared in the garage, which you will find on the left.  In the vehicle you will also find several miscellaneous tools which you may find useful to repair it should anything go wrong. Now, I suggest you rest and recover from your wounds before going out there”.

Tl:dr
A big war was fought, you are the last hope, you need to find uranium, which is either lost  somewhere, in the golem mines, in the academy or in the capital and organic compounds. Or organic compounds and gigantic amounts of fossile fuel.
Or escape on a spaceship.
To do that, you have some kind of huge flying car. You start fully healed, same inventories as you had before the break.
This is a short and easily readable version, but I will hate you forever if you don’t read my awfully written 1200 words story.  >:(

Anyway, now you can finally post actions.
Game will properly start at a later date, after I fix some issues.
Like, for example, remembering how this RTD work, remembering what happened, finding my monopoly die( I can use a RNG, but it is not the same and I can’t play monopoly with that) and making a map. Because a map wll be really needed soon, after you exit the building, and I haven’t got the slightest clue on how I could make one. On this last point, help is welcome.

And, finally…
Thanks you for waiting, people!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Story update: End of chapter 1, Beginning of chapter 2.
« Reply #401 on: July 10, 2010, 05:13:52 pm »

Can we make bombs out of it?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 10, 2010, 05:17:53 pm »

To help you , here is the status of last turn, still uncleaned and unupdated. remember that all bad health effects will be healed. You will likely see some more narrative updates explaining some of the status changes before I write a real turn.

Quote from:  RAM status
Equipment:  XClothesX  , flashlight(5/20, off), bandage kit (19/20), pain killer(gel, 16/20)
Health: unharmed
Abilities:thermal magic, undeveloped healing magic   
Special Status:
Quote from:  Digital Hellhound status
Equipment: Clothes ,flashlight(0/20),modified needlegun ),diary
Health:
Abilities: 
Special Status: stone arms
Quote from:  Diakron status
Equipment: Clothes, crowbar, flashlight(0/20) 
Health:  unknown hand health,
Abilities: steel hand fighting . Telekinesis    , strong nuclear force manipulation.
Special Status:hulk hand steel covered hand,
Quote from:  Jetsquirrel status
Equipment: Clothes ,2 fuel tanks ,
Health: Unharmed 
Abilities: none   
Special Status:suicide bomber
Quote from:  Kashyyk status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight (0/20), flashlight (0/20), cup,
Health: unharmed… mostly
Abilities: .
Special Status: Painkillers(16/20)
Quote from: Flintus10 status
Equipment: Clothes, funnel, flashlight(0/20),string, Odd device(Fun) 
Health: Broken nose  , Small cut, bandaged(3/6), Small cut, bandaged(4/6) bent ribs
Abilities: undeveloped healing magic
Special Status:cheater

NPCs
Golem
LOCATIONS
Spoiler: unknown building (click to show/hide)

by the way, if any of you was interested: exams got well.

edit: ninja... what was you doing, stalking my thread? I haven't sent the PMs yet. by the way, you can make a bomb out of the car, but the worl is big and I am sure neither of us want to spend the next few years trying to get through the jungle.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 10, 2010, 10:59:14 pm »

Recharge flashlight, call shotgun.
Also try to practise healing magic if I have time...

I don't really care about shotgun, but it seems like the appropriate response to a new vehicle...

We need to figure out how to keep the mabali away, they are probably quite territorial, so if we can just get this one herd to move on to something else then that would probably suffice.

Glad to hear about the exams, and thankyou again for hosting this!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 04:28:52 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 11, 2010, 03:19:07 am »

DETACH the fuel tanks of my body and find a wrench
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31