Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 87677 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #540 on: September 09, 2013, 09:26:02 am »

Wish they'd have separate keys for all the DLC - I've got the game but am missing the latest expansion.

You could just...buy the expansion...

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 09, 2013, 10:53:30 am »

Well I just recently started looking at guides and found out I may have screwed myself over. I've been taking every planet so far. Whoops?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 09, 2013, 10:54:45 am »

Well I just recently started looking at guides and found out I may have screwed myself over. I've been taking every planet so far. Whoops?

Depending on what difficulty you set the AI at, that might not be an unwinnable situation. ;)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 09, 2013, 01:08:39 pm »

Depending on what difficulty you set the AI at, that might not be an unwinnable situation. ;)
It's my first game, I'm on difficulty 7. So far I only have 15 planets, so it's not horrible, but I'm only keeping the A.I. off because there's 3 chokepoints I am using. I also just won over 3 new mark V designs that I am guarding with my life, because they are the only thing keeping the 5 IV planets I can't take that are within my "empire" from owning me.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 09, 2013, 01:39:14 pm »

... playing with spirecraft? Because micro-raids with spire jumpships and, say, spire starships (the 1 cap beam thingies that are researchable) and maybe some heavy bombers are really good for taking out, well. Everything. Or at least everything that doesn't move. And some things that do if you're willing to micro it that much.

Jumpships are kinda' ridiculously awesome, is what I'm saying.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #545 on: September 09, 2013, 02:37:52 pm »

You could just...buy the expansion...

I could, but then I don't have any other games to giveaway, which is what I'd like to do ;)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 10, 2013, 02:31:14 pm »

Finally got out of my hole, and have expanded quite a bit. I'm still taking over every world, but only because I don't want the A.I. to kill my (soon to be) 2 V turrets, 3 V ships, 1 V starship, and an advanced factory and advanced starship factory.

edit: Just found out one of the planets has a superterminal. How long should I expect to be able to hold the system before the waves from it destroy me?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 02:34:47 pm by Mono124 »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 10, 2013, 02:46:03 pm »

edit: Just found out one of the planets has a superterminal. How long should I expect to be able to hold the system before the waves from it destroy me?

It varies a lot.  Half hour, maybe?  Depends on how much hacking progress and how much AIP you have.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 10, 2013, 03:24:34 pm »

Hacking progress? I gotta load up my copy of this. So cool.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 10, 2013, 03:26:42 pm »

Yeah, Hacking is now a resource. You get it by increasing AIP, if it goes negative expect doomy dooms next hack or the current one making it be so.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 10, 2013, 08:59:44 pm »

Well, I got to extreme level retribution, and decreased my AIP from 723 to 516, which is all I need to open up a path to the core planets.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #551 on: September 10, 2013, 10:02:43 pm »

i do love this game, why is it really sooo much better than anything else Arcen has tried ever since? I expected them to be BRILLIANT after this... not so.
I got nothing

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 11, 2013, 04:14:14 pm »

i do love this game, why is it really sooo much better than anything else Arcen has tried ever since? I expected them to be BRILLIANT after this... not so.

Even most major AAA devs can't really produce more than one or two gems IP wise. Plus when devs are known for a particular style its hard to accept games they make in other areas.

I thought Skyward Collapse was okay. It was an interesting idea even if they didn't execute as solidly as I had hoped.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 29, 2013, 05:49:54 am »

Ok.... I've got a few questions.

1) First off, Do I have to be in fear of the AI warping to any planet I control, regardless of warp points? Because they appear at my completely sealed off areas without warning.

2) On my home planet, I have my original command ship, a military command ship, AND an economic command ship. How do I have multiple command ships, can I place multiples on other planets somehow?

3) Does the AI have limited resources? Like, can they send an infinite number of ships from nowhere? Or do those ships have to be built, and sent through some sort of warp gate?

4) Is it possible to warp an existing army to a planet far away?

5) Is there anything like formations? The rings of ships don't seem to be very efficient.

6) What is the most epic let's play/guide to this game on youtube or some other video?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 29, 2013, 06:31:08 am »

1: Unless you're fighting a Warp Jumper AI, or left some buildings of specific kinds behind that can spawn more ships, then no.

2: No, those are just one-time bonuses for the homeworld. Yes, you cannot replace them after they die.

3: No, but then again you don't have limited resources either. This is how the AI gets reinforcements, excluding waves.

4: No, but there are Transports, which can get you past a couple hostile planets assuming you know what you're doing, and Spirecraft Spire Jumpships, which will get you past the majority of the galaxy assuming you have a line of sight in the system you want to dump them off.

5: Not as far as I know.

6: From what I've seen, Youtube Let's Plays on AI War on Youtube are either boring, not by very experienced players, or in a foreign language.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 47