Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 87742 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #465 on: April 19, 2013, 08:01:07 am »

I do kinda' like 'em when I'm playing a non-defender map, though. Small starting population can do a pretty good job of taking care of normal AI waves for a system or two, especially if you've got a T-S manip or two supporting them.

Any game I start where I see the AI with viral shredders I go "Oh!  A piece of candy!" and promptly leech a handful.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 19, 2013, 08:06:47 am »

Wait, what? They're immune to reclamation. How are you filching them?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 19, 2013, 08:52:23 am »

Wait, what? They're immune to reclamation. How are you filching them?

Right.
That changed.
It made me sad. :(

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 19, 2013, 11:48:52 am »

Wat.
Why is there so many things here?!

This is on a clusters-simple 80-planet map. And yet this planet of all places (only 2-3 hops from my outer planets) has 2 Fabs, a Star Con IV, a regen golem, a nuke eye, a counterattack II post, a regen chamber, a SF post, and a fortress.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:10:57 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 19, 2013, 12:06:54 pm »

has 3 Fabs

Two fabs.
Microparasites and Tele Leeches.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 19, 2013, 12:09:07 pm »

It happens occasionally~

Fortify the crap out of it and enjoy. Pretty lucky to have that much in such a weak system, I'd say. Do try to keep the Ion III, that's pretty useful. At least if it's in a decent spot in the system... though even if it is close to an entry wormhole, might as well take it.

Seriously though, if you've got it on random AI that might be part of the cause. S'not impossible, anywaay.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 19, 2013, 12:10:09 pm »

Got things a bit mixed up typing that Draco, though considering how many things there start with F I'm not surprised :-\
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 19, 2013, 12:18:57 pm »

Got things a bit mixed up typing that Draco, though considering how many things there start with F I'm not surprised :-\

No worries.
That is a juicy system though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 19, 2013, 12:23:28 pm »

Theres also a planetary armor booster (and an ion cannon), a youngling vulture fab (and an ion cannon), and a factory (and an ion cannon) nearby.

So many ion cannons in this cluster its silly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 19, 2013, 01:05:36 pm »

Theres also a planetary armor booster (and an ion cannon), a youngling vulture fab (and an ion cannon), and a factory (and an ion cannon) nearby.

So many ion cannons in this cluster its silly.

The AI likes to buy them from the Z-trader.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 19, 2013, 01:15:57 pm »

I don't have the Z-trader active, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 19, 2013, 02:40:15 pm »

I don't have the Z-trader active, though.

Not sure then.  The AI has a series of rules on structure building, but I'm not aware of all of them.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 21, 2013, 09:11:59 am »

Finally sat down and gave this a proper go... sorta. I played the "simulation campaign tutorial" all the way through for the first time...

I feel like I screwed up a lot by the time I got to the final assault. My ships kept getting reclaimed and then sent back to me in a counterattack which would take my launching colony. One time I went into the fight and the enemy had ~900 ships in the final area. At the end, there were 700 in my system, 300 in another of my system's and 300 still left in the enemy's system and I had to rebuild from scratch. This happened once more, but the numbers worked out better for me and I only had to take out a total of 500 on my final wave. Still a close match. By the time I got down to the last two core guardposts (ships all gone, luckily) I only had my bombers left. But it was enough to finish up the battle.

I just kind of felt like I had run out of options at that point and nothing I had was very effective against the enemy. Superior numbers won the day in the end.

Fun game, I'll have to give a proper campaign a go, but yeah, a very LONG game as well. Tutorial took me just a hair under 4 hours.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 21, 2013, 10:19:35 am »

I just kind of felt like I had run out of options at that point and nothing I had was very effective against the enemy. Superior numbers won the day in the end.

Pretty much.

And yes, the game is long.  There's an achievement for a 24 hour game-time duration game for a reason.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 21, 2013, 10:32:20 am »

And another one beyond that for a 36 hour one :P

Though it caps off at that point. Does run off the in-game clock, I think, so increasing the play speed could help if you were aiming for that for some reason. Adjusting the play speed's pretty useful for a lot of things, honestly.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47