Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 87715 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #450 on: April 15, 2013, 08:37:00 pm »

If so I certainly haven't noticed. Blowing up specific things of theirs improves 'em, as does time passing and some other stuff. There are a few things you can build they get AI progress from blowing up, but if you want to kamikaze two or three million ships into the jaws of a particularly nasty system, well, more power to you. Anything that makes the AI better is pretty specifically labeled.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 15, 2013, 08:48:54 pm »

Curses.

... maybe I can just find an AI system with a good reclamation force and somehow convince them to attack me back with whatever I reclaim in their general direction.

Won't that feed the AI? to my knowledge everytime the AI kills something of your their get better.

No, only destroying certain structures like AI command posts and various other stuff advances AIP (AI Progress, the measure of how strong the AI is). Also, by default in the game settings (although you can set it to 0 or some crazy high number if you want) the AIP goes up by some small amount each hour (not really bad except in loooong games). Finally, setting off warheads causes a little or a lot of AIP, depending on what you use. Lightning warheads are 1,2 and 3 points by Mk, EMPS are something like 5 and nukes are 50, umm, then some crazy high numbers for the bigger nukes that I can't remember. Blow up all the AI ships you want, it does no harm and is actively a good thing in most cases. 
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 15, 2013, 09:57:47 pm »

Anything above an Mk II nuke is being silly, both in terms of AIP and its effect. (unless you're playing on 1/1 :P)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 15, 2013, 10:25:55 pm »

Anything above an Mk II nuke is being silly, both in terms of AIP and its effect. (unless you're playing on 1/1 :P)

There's a guy who set off a Mk3 nuke on a not-trivial difficulty (7?).  IIRC, the AI's next wave was 2,000,000 units.  That was before the "Uh.  2000 cap plzkthx" and hunter-killers.

Bikari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 16, 2013, 05:09:31 am »

One of my friends gifted this to me a few weeks ago because she knows how much I enjoy 4x games and similar RTS but I never really got a chance to play it until today, so I'm going to run through all the information, run a practise campaign and see how things work then start getting into this properly as it looks like a pretty fun RTS.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 16, 2013, 08:42:15 am »

One of my friends gifted this to me a few weeks ago because she knows how much I enjoy 4x games and similar RTS but I never really got a chance to play it until today, so I'm going to run through all the information, run a practise campaign and see how things work then start getting into this properly as it looks like a pretty fun RTS.
Use the most recent beta update, it might be a bit less balanced as 6.0 but its got a lot more things fixed compared to it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #456 on: April 16, 2013, 02:47:48 pm »

Trying to get everyone back together tonight for a few more hours of building space penises--I mean, defeating the AI.

I think we're only missing Frumple.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 16, 2013, 02:59:46 pm »

I've actually got AI War open right now, heh. Recently found out you can run it without steam on, which is... nice. More resources for the CPU god. If it's the same IP I can just hop right in, heh. Will kick steam on, just a mo'.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:01:51 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 16, 2013, 03:05:52 pm »

I've actually got AI War open right now, heh. Recently found out you can run it without steam on, which is... nice. More resources for the CPU god. If it's the same IP I can just hop right in, heh. Will kick steam on, just a mo'.
All steam games can be run without turning on steam if you know the right places to look. (Some lose their multiplayer functionality if they depend on the steam network, but most are just fine though.)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #459 on: April 16, 2013, 03:06:13 pm »

Awesome, I'll see if everyone else is still about (which involves asking Drad if they're about lol)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 16, 2013, 03:07:35 pm »

All steam games can be run without turning on steam if you know the right places to look. (Some lose their multiplayer functionality if they depend on the steam network, but most are just fine though.)
Some don't need anything at all done to them, though. This'un's one of those.

E: And ooh, just noticed the PM. Sorry about that, I generally don't notice when there's a number besides that thing. Also been terribly distracted all day, so... yeah. Been checking other games/play with friends, though. If I don't seem to respond to a PM, pinging one of those is probably more likely to get me to notice :P
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:10:35 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #461 on: April 16, 2013, 03:10:07 pm »

Okay I'll be hopping on TS while we see if we can round everyone up from the various games they're currently in.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 18, 2013, 11:32:16 pm »

Minor bump to say that defender mode
Spoiler: Gets silly (click to show/hide)

Definitely good for a quick "let's watch one system get pounded into mush", though. Fun how they start sending along thousand ship carriers near the end of it >_>
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 11:34:01 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 18, 2013, 11:52:57 pm »

Its less of a question of 'How many viral shredders' and more 'How long have you had those?' with them really. Although you'd certainly need a special kind of effort to reach over 5k of them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 18, 2013, 11:59:28 pm »

Oh... those things were honestly one of the least dangerous things they were throwing at me, I think. Slow, don't do much damage, relatively flimsy, melee range. Not really a threat when they're trying to break into a system with full cap, uh. Everything. Except the mark III fortresses. And I guess the time-space manipulators. Only had half cap of those (and yeah, my engies were zipping along at like speed 500 or so.). I was actually losing the system (with a good... four thousand? Three thousand? Somewhere between those two. Enemy ships in it) when I won, but they weren't taking it easy or fast.

I do kinda' like 'em when I'm playing a non-defender map, though. Small starting population can do a pretty good job of taking care of normal AI waves for a system or two, especially if you've got a T-S manip or two supporting them.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47