Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 87810 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #375 on: April 12, 2013, 03:00:04 am »

I should be able to play this tonight with you so we can get a 4 player game going, also neonivek you could still play this with us if you want to ? The more the merrier.

I don't think I am awake when you are awake.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 12, 2013, 03:07:39 am »

I should be able to play this tonight with you so we can get a 4 player game going, also neonivek you could still play this with us if you want to ? The more the merrier.

I don't think I am awake when you are awake.

Well it's the weekend so I have all night and early morning, but that depends on drad and the others as well haha. What time zone are you in ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 12, 2013, 03:09:06 am »

Eastern Standard time -5 I believe.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 12, 2013, 03:17:17 am »

I recently picked this up from a steam sale (for only a couple bucks, who could resist) and was wondering if any of you had any pieces of advice/other things that you wanted to tell a new player about the game.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 12, 2013, 03:21:14 am »

Eastern Standard time -5 I believe.

So 4am for you right now ? And what time would you be able to join us ?

@amroy

Don't piss off the AI to much :P
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 12, 2013, 04:59:09 am »

I recently picked this up from a steam sale (for only a couple bucks, who could resist) and was wondering if any of you had any pieces of advice/other things that you wanted to tell a new player about the game.

1: Being destroyed by the AI after 10 hours game is a learning experience, - not a failure.  ;)
2: Hard shields are great to save your bases in the beginning.
3: I like fortresses, - they are darn expensive, but ...
4: ... the 'cost' of time passing is very low, so there is rarely reason to attack before you have maxed your ship count.
5: 'L' and 'Shirf+L' for selecting 1/2 or 1/3 of all selected is very convenient for putting ships around on defense.
6: Use transports for 'ion cannon' raids. I.e. load 20-30 bombers, fly safely to the instakiller and take it out before sending in the rest of the fleet.

I'm not very experienced, but this shoud get you started. :)
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #381 on: April 12, 2013, 05:14:04 am »

If anyone could let me know a solid time that you plan to start playing I'd be happy to join, I have all expansions save for Ancient Shadows, but if everyone else playing has that, I'm happy to pick it up :)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 12, 2013, 05:34:54 am »

I'm thinking about buying the "full edition", so mayby I'll be able to play with you guys soon. Could especially be good for learning the ropes, I guess?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 12, 2013, 06:54:43 am »

I'm willing to join a game if anyone wants to start a new game. I have zero experience in AI War though :P

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 12, 2013, 07:04:56 am »

AIP is bad
AIP comes from conquering territory (and other things)
Keep it to a minimum and only take the planets you NEED to.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 12, 2013, 07:36:38 am »

Turrets are you friend (especially tractor, sniper, and spider turrets), place them anywhere you think might get attacked with something major.
(If you have Ancient Shadows) Mini-Forts are pretty nice and you get 2 per planet. They're expensive compared to turrets though, don't bankrupt yourself building up a bunch of them at once.
Pay attention to attack multipliers and hull types. Anything with a multiplier greater than 1 against polycrystal can smack down your bombers if left undefeated, for example.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 12, 2013, 08:42:30 am »

Wow, so many people want to play now. This'll be fun. I am in the GMT-5 timezone, it is currently 9:40am here. I'm available almost all the time at the moment and am up at all kinds of hours.

People should post their timezone and usual availabilities on various days. It would allow us to figure out when the games should be held.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #387 on: April 12, 2013, 08:46:57 am »

GMT+1 here (British Summer Time) and I'm extremely flexible, though generally some time in the day (not the early hours of the morning/late night) would be ideal.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 12, 2013, 08:48:35 am »

West-European Summer Time here.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 12, 2013, 08:56:08 am »

GMT+1 here as well. I'm mostly available in the afternoon/evening/night of saturday, but am capable of playing between 7 en 11 during weekdays at times as well.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47