Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 47

Author Topic: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"  (Read 87825 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Its called "AI War: Fleet Command"
« Reply #300 on: May 20, 2011, 03:22:10 pm »

When they say spewing out ships do they mean GENERATING ships from outside or DEPLOYING ships they have?

Generating.  The AI doesn't free any ships, it actually spawns brand new ships from nowhere at its home command station.

AI ships are only "freed" when the object they are guarding is destroyed (or the command station in that system is popped).

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 25, 2011, 09:14:59 pm »

Minor bump, cause I just got this. Man, this game is incredible. Are there any games being hosted right now?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 25, 2011, 10:07:50 pm »

Bay12 games? I used to every once in awhile, will probably do more. You can check their IRC though, there's always people willing to game on there.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 26, 2011, 05:38:06 am »

Depending on which DLC thingies we use I may be able to play. I've pretty much been playing Warband nonstop and wouldn't mind a change of pace...

Keeping in mind these kind of games aren't exactly the kind I'm best at, but I love playing co-op type games regardless =p

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #304 on: August 08, 2012, 09:12:53 pm »

The Fourth AI War expansion has been announced, and is now up for preorder and beta testing.

And it looks like it may be the coolest one yet.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 08, 2012, 09:18:40 pm »

Oh man. I've still only scratched the surface with this game, and now they are going to add even more content?

I love Arcen.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 08, 2012, 10:19:47 pm »

The ($3.99, which is 20% off) preorder/beta also works with a steam copy, if you point the Ancient Shadows installer at ye steam folder's ai war folder and update to the most recent of betas.

Slightly awkwardly, but it does indeed work in singleplayer.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #307 on: August 08, 2012, 10:30:59 pm »

Slightly awkwardly, but it does indeed work in singleplayer.

Singleplayer usability for the Champions is top priority it sounds, so expect it in the next day or two if not sooner. These guys are very, very fast.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 08, 2012, 11:35:33 pm »

There are still a few issues to work on, of course (scouts apparently don't play nice with the blue wormholes, and so on).

I haven't gotten a chance to play around with it at all (bought it, installed it, told some friends).

But it should be interesting.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 08, 2012, 11:46:52 pm »

Someone please tell me. What makes this game different from all other RTSs? What makes it unique?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 08, 2012, 11:53:09 pm »

Nothing really all that unique about it, it's just a really great combination of different ideas, which have all been done in the past, but I don't think have ever been combined in this fashion before.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 08, 2012, 11:58:18 pm »

Its also the only game I can think of where winning the highest (10/10) difficulty without ridiculous actions counts as a bug report.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 08, 2012, 11:59:41 pm »

Someone please tell me. What makes this game different from all other RTSs? What makes it unique?

The fact that the AI isn't a lying cheating bastard?

No, the game's quite up front about the fact that the AI does not play by the same rules you do, and aren't limited by the same things you are.

So yes.

You're outgunned

You're outbumbered

You must win

These are your orders

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 09, 2012, 12:02:41 am »

Also, theres two of them. There is always two of them.

There may or may not be more than one of you, depending on your multiplayer setup or lack thereof.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 09, 2012, 12:14:39 am »

Also, theres two of them. There is always two of them.

There may or may not be more than one of you, depending on your multiplayer setup or lack thereof.

That too.  And the AI gets beefier and meaner as you start with more player homeworlds.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 47