Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67389 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 1
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2009, 04:12:55 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nothing is "normal" for anyone. That's a bad sign, if they're "normal." That's a very good disguise: "Normal." You know, the disguise that the mafia is going for. There is no normal. Try to think outside the box here and don't be like that.
The question is simple and easy to answer.
Webadict, you of all people should know that townspeople act normal, mafia try to act normal but always act abnormal. Big FoS on Webadict for saying something silly like that.
That's a lie. Townspeople act in a variety of ways. That is why normalcy does not exist.
You just said earlier that Toonyman is being Toonyman. It looks like you believe he can have normal behaviour. Why is that not true for anyone else?
Toonyman has a quirk. When you say 'that's just ToonyMan' (in mafia), you mean, that crazy speak is not scummy behaviour, it is toony behaviour and irrelevant to mafia. Look underneath that craziness to find out if he actually is acting scummy.
I have to agree with webadict here. No one acts normal in mafia. There is, after all, a pressure to act like a townie regardless of role (I find). It is unfortunate, and something that alexhans would probably address with 'RAEG', as if there wasn't, and people just acted naturally, anyone acting unnaturally would be pretty scummy. The reason we all have to act townie regardless of role is that it's easier to spot seemingly unnatural things than actual unnatural things, so if everyone acts really normal, they still get accused of scumminess, whereas spotting cracks in a townie act is easier and more likely to point at scum. Alas, it also points at new players who don't quite get the game, but it worksish.
THE POINT IS, webadict is right. No one acts normal. Everyone in the game is acting as a townie, regardless of role.

Anyway, Vector how come no one has voted for you, hey?
Until now, that is.

NUKE9.13 you make excellent points, and since we are spreading the votes around there is yours! :)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2009, 04:22:30 am »

NUKE9.13 you make excellent points, and since we are spreading the votes around there is yours! :)
Why thank you!
Long Live United Forenia!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2009, 05:31:05 am »

Hey everyone. heading off to school soon.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2009, 05:51:52 am »

Seriously?
You can't even be bothered to make a random vote?
Org that is a very good way to get yourself lynched. You should know that by now.
Long Live United Forenia!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2009, 05:59:17 am »

Seriously?
Org that is a very good way to get yourself lynched. You should know that by now.

Really? Because I wanted people to know I wasnt lurking.

Bloodbeard

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2009, 06:12:47 am »

Come on guys! Am I invisible or something? 4 pages and I only get mentioned once! I wish you wouldn't start the games when I go to bed Meph, I miss out on all the starting action.

Now hold up, I have to reread through 4 pages of posts.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2009, 06:43:18 am »

The Whiteboard
BloodBeard: Org, webadict
chaoticjosh: ToonyMan
Frelock: Mr.Person
Kashyyk: A_Fey_Dwarf
NUKE9.13: forsaken1111
Org: BloodBeard, NUKE9.13
RedWarrior0: Rysith
ToonyMan: Pandarsenic, RedWarrior0
webadict: Frelock

Well...I have to go by my schedule. Although today that schedule is all messed up. Which is why I'm up at 4am. And at work. Bleh.

Anyway, have a whiteboard
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2009, 07:03:06 am »

Seriously?

Really? Because I wanted people to know I wasnt lurking.

Bloodbeard

Org, I find it suspicious that your random vote was for one of the two people already voting for you. Do you have a reason for voting for him or was it completely random?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2009, 07:41:51 am »

God was that debacle with ToonyMan aggravating to read twice. Toon, DON'T gibber up the thread with nonsense logic and math! It's one thing to scumhunt, and it's another to go out of your way to attract attention to yourself. It clouds up the thread, and makes it easier for scum to hide. I won't be as forgiving of it as WA and Nuke are.

Surprisingly enough, everyone's posted atleast once by my count.

I can sort've understand what WA is doing, he's trying this abstract, lateral way of attacking people, to try to jolt an unusual reaction out of somebody.

Webadict, I honestly have no clue what most of what you're saying is. It'd be good if you explained yourself.

Hey Cheeetar. I've been doing something of a count, and you've only posted once.

Now Cheeetar, from what you've seen, if you were an agent, who would you investigate, and why?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2009, 08:46:40 am »

Anyway, Vector how come no one has voted for you, hey?
Until now, that is.

Probably because I haven't opened my fat mouth much this game.

I'll vote in a bit... need to look around and think a little.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2009, 08:50:17 am »

Webadict, I honestly have no clue what most of what you're saying is. It'd be good if you explained yourself.

Hey Cheeetar. I've been doing something of a count, and you've only posted once.

Now Cheeetar, from what you've seen, if you were an agent, who would you investigate, and why?

Webadict, simply because I know that he is very good at both scum and townie.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2009, 08:59:19 am »

Bloodbeard, acceptable answers would've been 2 townies, Webadict, or "Hopefully not me."

So, for answer 1, Bloodbeard would need to be the scum.
For answer 2, he'd have to deliberately give an incomplete answer
For answer 3, he'd have to violate the terms of the question.

Asking people odd questions is one thing, but handing trick questions to new players is another entirely.

FoS Webadict, and Webadict: If you were the exterminator, and had an operative, what would be your action tonight?
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2009, 09:46:14 am »

If you were at 3 people.

Also, vector, I think I know what I'm doing... It's like when you give a monkey a gun.

Personally, I read this as jumpiness.  There was no accusation of incompetence.  I still don't trust webadict's odd behavior, either.  It may not be scummish, but it probably is something other than "just fooling around."

So, webadict, what are you trying to hide?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2009, 09:57:56 am »

Now supposing you were a dopp agent, would your answer change?

Also, Xegeth, I know you're a bit newer around here, but I'm sure it hasn't escaped you that Org has a hard time defending himself. Do you think it's in the town's best interests to attack someone as introverted as Org, especially since he won't be at his computer for the next 8~ hours?

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2009, 10:07:43 am »

Now supposing you were a dopp agent, would your answer change?

Also, Xegeth, I know you're a bit newer around here, but I'm sure it hasn't escaped you that Org has a hard time defending himself. Do you think it's in the town's best interests to attack someone as introverted as Org, especially since he won't be at his computer for the next 8~ hours?

I wasn't planning on actually keeping my vote on him unless his defense was much worse than normal but I'll unvote for now since it will be a while before he can respond. I would still be interested in hearing his reasons though.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 52