Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67301 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2009, 12:24:03 am »

If you were at 3 people.

Also, vector, I think I know what I'm doing... It's like when you give a monkey a gun.

What, you mean everything goes pear-shaped and horrid?  That's fabulous, but your skills at Mafia don't give you an automatic right to contempt.

I didn't say I was underestimating you.  What I said was that you're acting weird and continuing to act weird.  I do not trust this weirdness.
I'm not asking you to trust it. I'm just asking questions. The other stuff is just for fun.

Bloodbeard, acceptable answers would've been 2 townies, Webadict, or "Hopefully not me."

I'm afraid I have to vote you, Bloodbeard.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2009, 12:28:54 am »

If you were at 3 people.

Also, vector, I think I know what I'm doing... It's like when you give a monkey a gun.

What, you mean everything goes pear-shaped and horrid?  That's fabulous, but your skills at Mafia don't give you an automatic right to contempt.

I didn't say I was underestimating you.  What I said was that you're acting weird and continuing to act weird.  I do not trust this weirdness.
I'm not asking you to trust it. I'm just asking questions. The other stuff is just for fun.

Bloodbeard, acceptable answers would've been 2 townies, Webadict, or "Hopefully not me."

Ah, okay.  Sorry, I'm not entirely accustomed to your playing voice yet.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2009, 12:37:39 am »

What are you serious? Everyone interprets a question like that differently. How you think it is the correct way to be answered, is not how everyone else sees it. It's like me asking you 'what is 2+2', you say '4', I consider you as wrong because I was talking about 2.49 +2.49, which rounds to 5.

Then again, it ain't much worse then random voting, but at least that prevents people from lurking.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2009, 12:44:31 am »

Agree'd that RedWarrior is pushing ToonyMan early on for seemingly no reason. I'd like to hear why.
ToonyMan is pulling votes onto him through his words and actions. Don't say it's no reason.

Are you serious, webadict? Are you fucking serious?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2009, 12:46:36 am »

Agree'd that RedWarrior is pushing ToonyMan early on for seemingly no reason. I'd like to hear why.
ToonyMan is pulling votes onto him through his words and actions. Don't say it's no reason.

Are you serious, webadict? Are you fucking serious?
I do what I want.

And ToonyMan is being ToonyMan. I'll let him be himself because he's himself.

Now go be an Alien somewhere else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2009, 12:58:06 am »

Wow that was a lot of posts for not so much time.  Craziness.  I think that's what I like about Paranormal.  ;D

Anyways, these are my suspicious, weak as they are.  Just remember, this is Day 1 and there isn't much to go on.  Then again, someone might slip.

Suspicions:
- ToonyMan is acting strange.  This is normal.
- webadict is acting strange.  This is a little less normal.
- forsaken1111 jumped on Toony.  I'm not sure I blame him though.
- RedWarrior0 for watching Toony a little too closely.  Again with the possibilities.
- BloodBeard or webadict for that 3p question.  Kind of a tricky question and I've been in that situation a few too many times recently.
- That giant quote pyramid.  Very very suspicious.

(Just for reference, don't always believe what the computer has to say about my online-ness.  I generally have at least one computer open to the forums so it tends to lie).

Anyways, I'll be back tomorrow sometime.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2009, 01:00:34 am »

[size=9]ARE
YOU
FUCKING
SERIOUS?![/size]
[/font]

:D I just had to do it.

Now I see where you were going with that. It sounded like a such a silly question.

You are acting a little weird, but you were a little weird near the end of day 1 of beginners mafia so i'll take it as normal scumhunting.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2009, 01:08:42 am »

Nothing is "normal" for anyone. That's a bad sign, if they're "normal." That's a very good disguise: "Normal." You know, the disguise that the mafia is going for. There is no normal. Try to think outside the box here and don't be like that.

The question is simple and easy to answer.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2009, 01:13:47 am »

Nothing is "normal" for anyone. That's a bad sign, if they're "normal." That's a very good disguise: "Normal." You know, the disguise that the mafia is going for. There is no normal. Try to think outside the box here and don't be like that.

Webadict, you of all people should know that townspeople act normal, mafia try to act normal but always act abnormal. Big FoS on Webadict for saying something silly like that.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2009, 01:15:51 am »

Webadict, you of all people should know that townspeople act normal, mafia try to act normal but always act abnormal. Big FoS on Webadict for saying something silly like that.
That's a lie. Townspeople act in a variety of ways. That is why normalcy does not exist.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2009, 01:17:46 am »

There's a reverse way of getting rections out of people Web, I've got mine.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2009, 01:27:06 am »

That's a lie. Townspeople act in a variety of ways. That is why normalcy does not exist.

You just said earlier that Toonyman is being Toonyman. It looks like you believe he can have normal behaviour. Why is that not true for anyone else?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2009, 02:30:58 am »

The Whiteboard
BloodBeard: webadict
chaoticjosh: ToonyMan
Frelock: Mr.Person
Kashyyk: A_Fey_Dwarf
Org: BloodBeard
RedWarrior0: Rysith
ToonyMan: Pandarsenic, RedWarrior0
webadict: Frelock
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2009, 02:40:12 am »

The Whiteboard
BloodBeard: webadict
chaoticjosh: ToonyMan
Frelock: Mr.Person
Kashyyk: A_Fey_Dwarf
Org: BloodBeard
RedWarrior0: Rysith
ToonyMan: Pandarsenic, RedWarrior0
webadict: Frelock

Now THAT'S a vote spread!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2009, 03:52:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You just said earlier that Toonyman is being Toonyman. It looks like you believe he can have normal behaviour. Why is that not true for anyone else?
Toonyman has a quirk. When you say 'that's just ToonyMan' (in mafia), you mean, that crazy speak is not scummy behaviour, it is toony behaviour and irrelevant to mafia. Look underneath that craziness to find out if he actually is acting scummy.
I have to agree with webadict here. No one acts normal in mafia. There is, after all, a pressure to act like a townie regardless of role (I find). It is unfortunate, and something that alexhans would probably address with 'RAEG', as if there wasn't, and people just acted naturally, anyone acting unnaturally would be pretty scummy. The reason we all have to act townie regardless of role is that it's easier to spot seemingly unnatural things than actual unnatural things, so if everyone acts really normal, they still get accused of scumminess, whereas spotting cracks in a townie act is easier and more likely to point at scum. Alas, it also points at new players who don't quite get the game, but it worksish.
THE POINT IS, webadict is right. No one acts normal. Everyone in the game is acting as a townie, regardless of role.

Anyway, Vector how come no one has voted for you, hey?
Until now, that is.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 52