Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67296 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 1
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2009, 10:23:12 am »

Whoa ho! Way to dodge the question there! I ask "Is this in the town's best interests?" and you respond "Umm, eh, I'm not sure... don't pay attention to me..." which I don't feel is a very good answer, especially since the beginning of the mafia, you've only really attacked Org, and then immediately backed down when challenged on it.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2009, 10:41:31 am »

I backed down because I hadn't really considered how long it would be until he could respond again. Looking back through the thread, I'm starting to think RedWarrior0 is mafia. Both the quote tower, and his voting are suspicious. He didn't even give a proper reason for unvoting, but he was suspicious enough to check whether ToonyMan had gone offline.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2009, 10:46:55 am »

That's better, be sure to continue noticing things and casting your suspicions, rather than just hitting easy targets. Your only value to the town is how much effort you put out to finding scum.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2009, 10:50:27 am »

I backed down because I hadn't really considered how long it would be until he could respond again. Looking back through the thread, I'm starting to think RedWarrior0 is mafia. Both the quote tower, and his voting are suspicious. He didn't even give a proper reason for unvoting, but he was suspicious enough to check whether ToonyMan had gone offline.

So honestly, I don't actually understand why the quote tower in and of itself is suspicious.  Is it particularly scummy to quote a lot, or are you talking about his "unvote just for quote tower extension?"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2009, 10:59:06 am »

Once the tower reached the point where they weren't contributing to the topic anymore, it became suspicious. Acting like that can be used to hide the fact that the people involved are lurking.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2009, 11:40:06 am »

Ah, I understand now.  That's another example of "active lurking," I guess.  Thanks much for the help.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2009, 12:29:35 pm »

ToonyMan's How To Find  Scum Guide:

Mr.Person - NOT SCUM
ToonyMan - NOT SCUM
webadict - NO FREAKIN' CLUE
JanusTwoFace - POSTS INFO, COULD BE EITHER
BloodBeard - SCUM IF WEBADICT IS TOWN
Sir Josh - SCUM
RedWarrior0 - PROBABLY NOT SCUM, COULD BE
Xegeth - QUESTIONS
Cheeetar - DON'T KNOW YET
Pandarsenic - NOT SCUM/WELL.....ALIEN PROBABLY
Frelock - HMMM, CAN'T FIND POSTS SORRY
Kashyyk - QUIET AS EVER
NUKE9.13 - NO FREAKIN' CLUE
Org - PROBABLY SCUM
Vector - QUESTIONS!
Rysith - TOUGH COOKIE
A_Fey_Dwarf - CURSE YOU WEBADICT
forsaken1111 - SCUM

Ah, I love screwing with the dopps and seeing how they react.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2009, 01:08:47 pm »

You know Toon, you might want to take the game seriously every now and then, or people will just refuse to ever listen to you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2009, 01:10:31 pm »

I am taking it serious.  This is my strategy.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2009, 01:15:55 pm »

Sigh... please try to make posts with actual content Toon. I don't see the point of this 'strategy' of yours. My patience is running remarkably thin.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2009, 01:16:58 pm »

Why should you care?  Nobody is actually going to vote for you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2009, 01:29:39 pm »

Unless you're scum.  The reason is that I decided at the start of the game to go on random.org and set it to 1 to 18.  I kept clicking it until the same number came up twice.  It was 6, Sir Josh is 6.  I voted him immediately and said we must lynch him in the loudest voice possible.  The results were typical, I was voted for  "over-reacting" when in fact I was finding if Sir Josh was scum.

Here was his first reaction to my posts:
God was that debacle with ToonyMan aggravating to read twice. Toon, DON'T gibber up the thread with nonsense logic and math! It's one thing to scumhunt, and it's another to go out of your way to attract attention to yourself. It clouds up the thread, and makes it easier for scum to hide. I won't be as forgiving of it as WA and Nuke are.

First of all, NUKE and webadict never voted me.  Not once.  Second, you completely avoid my question by putting all the blame on me IMMEDIATELY.  You didn't even defend yourself.  You clouded up YOURSELF by posting this.  Nobody gave a second glance on you.  I don't think anybody has voted for you after mine, have they?  Hmmmmm.

Then this:
You know Toon, you might want to take the game seriously every now and then, or people will just refuse to ever listen to you.

Your making my judgment invalid, which in turn makes you look innocent and me guilty.  SIR JOSH IS SCUM.

This is when I say......ZVARRI!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2009, 01:38:54 pm »

So, let me get this straight, you jump to wild conclusions based on random number generator, you never explain your logic until now, and then get ANGRY when people don't take you seriously?!

Wow.

I don't even understand the second half of your post, what does it matter if no one else voted for me?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2009, 01:42:09 pm »

So, let me get this straight, you jump to wild conclusions based on random number generator, you never explain your logic until now, and then get ANGRY when people don't take you seriously?!

Wow.

I don't even understand the second half of your post, what does it matter if no one else voted for me?

1.  I'm not angry, your angry because I found you, a dopp.

2.  Your making my judgment invalid again, making yourself look right.  Which is false.

3.  I did not jump to wild conclusions, I was seeing HOW THE PERSON I ACCUSED WOULD ACT.

4.  You're scum.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2009, 01:45:48 pm »

It might be because he thinks I'm not scum, but I do agree that ToonyMan actually did have a good plan. The only difference is his random choice was, in fact, actually random. ChaoticJosh, you're acting very scum-like with your responses. How can you not see that ToonyMan was checking for reactions, something WE ALL DO? FoS on ChaoticJosh.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52