Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Redux suggestions.  (Read 51184 times)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play... The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2009, 10:20:04 am »

Ah morrowind, the game I spent over 200+ hours on.

I remember my first character well. My newer one was practically god: 100 or above every attribute (except luck). All skills at 100. over 600 Hp, All artifact gear. Head of: Fighters guild, Thieves guild, morag tong, house redoran, house Hlaalu (glitch), Head of imperial cult, head of tribunal temple, head of imperial legion, head of east empire trading company, Chieftain of thirsk.

Wiped out every vampire in the game, killed the tribunal gods, Killed... Virtually anything.

Good times
you probably ended the age of fantasy.

Probably.

Hell, I caused the extinction of half the wildlife species in the game! (no guars :'()

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2009, 11:08:19 am »

I remember my first character well. My newer one was practically god: 100 or above every attribute (except luck). All skills at 100. over 600 Hp, All artifact gear. Head of: Fighters guild, Thieves guild, morag tong, house redoran, house Hlaalu (glitch), Head of imperial cult, head of tribunal temple, head of imperial legion, head of east empire trading company, Chieftain of thirsk.

Wiped out every vampire in the game, killed the tribunal gods, Killed... Virtually anything.

Good times

Probably.

Hell, I caused the extinction of half the wildlife species in the game! (no guars :'()
Have you seen the size of the elder scrolls world? You killed everything on a small speck on the map.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2009, 11:31:35 am »

Good times

Probably.

Have you seen the size of the elder scrolls world? You killed everything on a small speck on the map.

I said IN GAME. I never claimed to make an impact on the actual world, just what I was provide with.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 11:47:39 am by moghopper »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2009, 04:27:29 pm »

You know what you must do now: keep that character until you can get the complete Tamriel rebuilt mod.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2009, 05:53:33 pm »

You know what you must do now: keep that character until you can get the complete Tamriel rebuilt mod.
DO EET!!!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2009, 05:56:13 pm »

DO EET!!!

Can't. Xbox version

... Plus I lost that character when my idiot cousin decided to mess with my 360.

But do not despair! I am rebuilding him! and am making great progress!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 06:02:30 pm by moghopper »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2009, 06:40:33 pm »

No! the xbox does not deserve such greatness! No mods, worse controls, RROD, and my overall hatred of the system. Death to the xbox!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2009, 03:25:23 am »

Well I have nothing against XBOX, but not for Morrowind. Morrowing (as a lot of other open-world games) is nothing in comparison to MODDED Morrowind.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2009, 07:27:59 pm »

Hey guys, just found this neat tool called mGen, found at the bottom of this page. It's a neat little tool that appears to let you import height maps and export them as in-game maps Morrowind can use. Anybody want to take a stab at it? Here's a hint: Dwarf Fortress can export height maps of your regions. Note that you'll have to put all the trees, NPC's, buildings, dungeons, leveled lists, and plants yourself. You may also have to fiddle with the textures a bit, but all the terrain is ready for you to use.

This tool was linked from the Tamriel Rebuilt website, so I can only assume at least a few members of their team use it.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2009, 06:34:27 pm »

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but keep an eye on this people: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1060598

It's similar to what Bioware did for Dragon Age. Should be done in a couple of months I'd guess. Very cool.

Also: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1038778 

Animations!  ;D

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2009, 08:26:51 am »

So are we ever going to see a LP of Morrowind here, or are we just going to continue chatting idly about the game?

I'd personally love to do an LP of Morrowind once I get the time, but if there are already plans to continue/begin anew...

I think the LP'er is having computer trouble.

If anyone were to start a new LP (ideally someone who NEVER played the game before), it would be much appreciated.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2009, 12:07:06 pm »

Well, I've got the the game ready again. Yeah, I did have some pretty serious computer trouble. I did manage to sort it out, though, and determine the cause. Overheating RAM. A RAM fan sorted that out, and my computer has been running smoothly without horrible show stopping crashes that I would get before. If I can just re-accumulate all the mods I used, re-configure Morrowind Graphics Extender, the Texture Upgrade, Better Heads, Better bodies, this Animated Morrowind mod... May be high time to try to get back to where I was, or just restart.
!!&!!

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2010, 01:49:53 am »

keeping my eye on this thread.  Really brings to life the whole morrowind world, I always felt that it was deeply immersive (what with its exceedingly expansive details) but somehow it didn't quite all hang together properly.  This strong storyline really gives it that cohesion I crave(d).  I too now have a hankering to reinstall my morrowind with its tribunal and bloodmoon just because of this thread! ;D
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2010, 07:51:11 am »

I managed to find a package that included all of the graphics updates, better bodies/heads, textures, and MGE yesterday. If there's still a couple people interested in this, I think I'll reboot the thread.
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14