Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Redux suggestions.  (Read 51180 times)

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play... The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2009, 07:06:56 pm »

And of course, the ability to eat them as a last resort.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2009, 03:26:45 pm »

And of course, the ability to eat them as a last resort.
What do you mean last resort?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 09:12:12 pm by Leonon »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2009, 04:00:26 pm »

A minstrel that follows you around could be done- just change the script on the mercenary from Tribunal to play music instead of fight.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2009, 03:40:15 pm »

any updates on ya story? there's sooo much to discover in Morrowind... (i played that game for like, um, three months or such?)
if you feel yourself overpowered, follow the rumors about a new island in the far north-west. that one's my favorite quest row  ;D gets really interesting

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2009, 10:32:32 pm »

Oh man. This thread is making me wish I could play Morrowind again for the first time. This game was so sweet when I knew nothing about it. Having the land totally unexplored made everything feel WAY bigger; going to Sadrith Mora was a big deal and when I got there and saw the mushroom towers, I totally spazzed out. So much fun.

It's a great game. Mainly because the landscape is so amazing looking, and so interesting to explore - there's cool stuff hidden all over the place. And the landscapes are really nice; I like the southern areas around Vivec, with all the plantations, and the Grazelands. Also Solstheim is sweet.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Warlord of Woe

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Axeman : : Legendary Armor user
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2009, 05:12:01 am »

Looking for something cool? It's not related to what you're doing now, but I've got a few hints to point you in interesting directions.

-"Balmora's watch towers hold much more than sullen guards."
-"East of Vivec, not all mudcrabs want to hurt you."
-"You may be caught in a dark umbra northeast of Suran, but if you're lucky, you will catch the Umbra."
-"If you find the Omalen Ancestral Tomb, you may enter to find an adventurer much greater than yourself."
-"On the road north of Seyda Neen, the answer to your problems may very well fall right out of the sky."

Hope you can explore some of these eventually!
Also, a bit of very specific advice: No matter how cool it looks, do not enter the floating meteor over Vivec.
BLOOD FOR BLOOD GOD!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2009, 09:26:44 am »

I decided to look back in here to see what had happened. Apparently, I dreamed posting about what eventually happened in this thread.

Basically, right after post 7 or so, one of my sticks of Ram went catastrophically bad and severely corrupted windows. I had to reformat the harddrive and start over, thus erasing my save from history.
!!&!!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2009, 06:22:12 pm »

You may need to get outside more.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2009, 11:54:24 am »

Also, while I enjoy this thread, being a fan of Morrowind and all, I don't get why you use MGE but no better bodies/heads.
It makes the game to look much nicer, because NPC stop being "bricks" created by Bethesda (for whatever reason) and get real features. And there was a mod out there based on Better Heads with additions which made most quest NPC to look unique. It's not a prior thing to consider, but I definitely liked it.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2009, 10:24:53 pm »

-"You may be caught in a dark umbra northeast of Suran, but if you're lucky, you will catch the Umbra."
I got insanely lucky on that one- while playing a swordsman I levitated over a mountain... and fell right on it.

Also, a bit of very specific advice: No matter how cool it looks, do not enter the floating meteor over Vivec.
Why not, it's sure too lead to lots of FUN! Besides, you have to eventually.

my own suggestion: mix bloat with ash yams, the result will be quite... enchanting.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2009, 03:20:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks like morrowind has a drug problem.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2009, 03:35:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks like morrowind has a drug problem.
Technically it does...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2009, 09:32:29 am »

Ah morrowind, the game I spent over 200+ hours on.

I remember my first character well. My newer one was practically god: 100 or above every attribute (except luck). All skills at 100. over 600 Hp, All artifact gear. Head of: Fighters guild, Thieves guild, morag tong, house redoran, house Hlaalu (glitch), Head of imperial cult, head of tribunal temple, head of imperial legion, head of east empire trading company, Chieftain of thirsk.

Wiped out every vampire in the game, killed the tribunal gods, Killed... Virtually anything.

Good times

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2009, 09:59:15 am »

Ah morrowind, the game I spent over 200+ hours on.

I remember my first character well. My newer one was practically god: 100 or above every attribute (except luck). All skills at 100. over 600 Hp, All artifact gear. Head of: Fighters guild, Thieves guild, morag tong, house redoran, house Hlaalu (glitch), Head of imperial cult, head of tribunal temple, head of imperial legion, head of east empire trading company, Chieftain of thirsk.

Wiped out every vampire in the game, killed the tribunal gods, Killed... Virtually anything.

Good times
you probably ended the age of fantasy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14