Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Redux suggestions.  (Read 51179 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play... The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 08:16:37 pm »

Go to Balmora and get duties from the Fighters' Guild.
Does this translate as:
Go kick some general ass and get stinking rich from the dead bodies we just looted.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 08:17:26 pm »

Go to Balmora and get duties from the Fighters' Guild.
Does this translate as:
Go kick some general ass and get stinking rich from the dead bodies we just looted.
I believe this would be an appropriate translation, yes.

Ah the English language.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 08:49:29 pm »

Actually, there may be some interesting people to talk to in Seyda Neen.  Go around and talk to people.  And have a look around . . . you think you saw something not far from the silt strider port.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 09:02:38 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 09:16:53 pm »

Unfortunately, while you were doing that, I went and began doing what CJ1145 suggested.
-------------------------
As I descend from the hill from which I surveyed my surroundings, I noticed a figure standing in the distance, alone in the wilderness. Acting on instinct, I rush over to see if he requires assistance.

He mugged me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But he was very cool about it. In fact, he invited me over to the Halfway Inn at Pelagiad, for a drink on him. Well, on me, but you get the idea.

So we hit the road for the town, the one I saw fairly close by. Outside, I take notice of a guard looking akward outside of the Inn. I decide to strike up some friendly conversation.

Unexpectedly, he immediately asks if I'm looking to join the Imperial Legion. In need of money and equipment, which the Legion had no shortage of, I go ahead and say yes. Unfortunately, he says that there's no room in any of the forts, except Fort Darius some miles away, outside of Gnisis. I guess after delivering my package, I'll be heading in that direction.

I get back on the road to Balmora, making slow progress, until I come to a crossroads. A woman is there, standing alone in the wilderness. Acting on instinct, I rush over to see if she requires assistance. She informs me that she was mugged, but in the midst of the mugging was completely taken by the thief's raw sexual magnetism.

She gives me one of her gloves, and tells me to go back to Pelagiad and find the thief for her. This minor deviation doesn't require much of the imagination. I run back, deliver the glove, and the Thief hands me a note for Maurrie. When I deliver it to her, she informs me that I am a wonderful person, and should meet another woman in Tel Aruhn. While this offer of a cheap booty call was taken well, I decided to put it off until after I sign up for the Legion.

It was too much of a diversion, though. Night begins to fall as I return to the road to Balmora.
http://i31.tinypic.com/jiz9ja.jpg [Big]

It's the dead of night when I finally arrive in Balmora.
I wander in through the gates, where a shady looking Argonian informs me of the lay of the land aound Balmora. A safe city of outlanders, apparently, House Hlaalu is Empire friendly, and despite all the guards standing in the local armor rather than Legion Armor, they all happily declare they are officers of Imperial Law.

I'm on my way soon, and wander, until I find the Corner Club, it's halls lined with more shady looking people. I ask around for Caius, my objective. I'm informed by the Club owner, eventually, that he lives off in a shack down the road. Quickly, I head over.

I find the shack... Inside, wine bottles are strewn around, and I find a skooma pipe, and a pile of moon sugar sitting on a night table, the man himself standing nearby.

I greet him, and inform him that I was asked to deliver this package... He informs me that for some strange reason, The Emperor himself has decided that I am to be made a novice in his Blades. Although I say I'm ready, and given starting capital of 200 gold pieces, I quickly realize I am way over my head.

Shaking, I take the gold to the local armorer, and finish my armor set, get my sword touched up a little.
I emerge from the armorer a little more confident in my ability to protect myself. It's time to hitch a ride to Gnisis.

!!&!!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 09:24:55 pm »

Hooray for joining the guard, and thus having the ability (in your mind, at least,) to boss people around for whatever reason you feel like.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 10:16:33 pm »

Hooray for joining the guard, and thus having the ability (in your mind, at least,) to boss people around for whatever reason you feel like.

I found a mod that lets you arrest people, if you want.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 10:20:46 pm »

You see, if you had gone argonian the wooing questline would be a lot less awkward.

Imperial legion seems a bit... odd. They like to gift you things like heavy armor. And you don't appear to be in need of heavy armor.

I say strike the pubs of Balmora 'till you come across a guild that would suit you more.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 10:32:08 pm »

True, but I've already set in on this track. I'll see what they've got to offer, and if it's not quite what I need, I'll turn them down and poke around Balmora some more. The legion does offer things in the way of weapons skills if I recall, which is useful and perhaps necessary, and what I'm most concerned about really. Since it's not like Oblivion where everything hits, but damage varies, I really need to be sure I can actually hit when I need to hit.
!!&!!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 11:23:36 pm »

1) Ask if it's okay to kill in self defense.  2)  Go on rampage in a manner allowing for the answer.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 11:26:13 pm »

You mean the deadly circle of violence that has everybody labeled as a violent criminal, and people get labeled as violent criminals for attacking them?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 01:30:19 am »

After getting off the boat to Gnisis, I can't help but feel that something's different. As if the world looks unquantifiably clearer and cleaner somehow, despite this being one of the dustier parts of Vvardenfell. As if somehow I had a better body.
In any case, I came here to join the legion. Someone screams at me from the River, though, and acting on instinct, I Rush down to see if he requires assistance.

Of course, being the kind and generous soul I am, I offer to speak to Hainab about the situation. I find him wandering the streets.
"Sir, Sir! I believe you are currently in possession of another man's pants!"
He tells me to piss off, and walks away. Oh well, I'm sure the situation will figure itself out on it's own. Hainab is such a jerk, though.

I ask a nearby patrolman the way to Fort Darius. I quickly head over, and find the man himself,
I can't help but think, as I look at him, that he looks like the kind of guy who touches children. That creepy smile and dead look in his eyes... I talk to him about joining the legion, and he gives me this long lecture about honor and upholding the law and never over exerting authority. Damn, and I was just looking for a quick wage. This sounds plain dangerous. I walk out, not joining for the moment, and decide first to seek alternative methods of income.

I remember some caves and the like back on the road to Balmora. I think I'll check to see if there's anything of value in them.

I hitch a ride on the silt strider back to Balmora, and that's when I notice something strange about the local guards armor.
There's some sort of horrible tusked pig monster on their groins. Seriously, is that really necessary? It's not exactly subtle...

Anyway, I backtrack down toward Pelagiad, and find the cave I'm looking for.

I quickly pop my head in, and am immediately attacked by an unarmored bandit woman wielding an iron short sword. I make quick work of her, but she leaves me severely wounded. I realize then that I may just be in over my head, when further down the hall, I can just make out a huge Nord with a steel warhammer.
I decide to book it, and resign myself to the fact that if I'm going to get anywhere around here, I had better sign up with a guild. The Fighters Guild seems the likely choice, and the only place I know of with a guild hall is Balmora. I hit the road again, and head back.
I talk to the guild caretaker upstairs, and she signs me up, gives me my first, admittedly degrading duty. I run across the river into some poor trashy woman's house and kill a few rats.
While in her storage room I rob her of everything of value. A total of eleven coins, and three baskets stuffed with pillows. I leave the pillows alone.

But I got a cool 100 gold out of the deal. Not half bad. Things are looking up already. I hurry back to the guild to get assigned to another job.
Egg smugglers. I have to take care of egg smugglers. I honestly don't see what the big deal is, the eggs probably cost more to transport than their actual value. And who wants to go to prison and have to explain to the other inmates that you were caught smuggling hard eggs?

You'll have to take my word for it, it was too dark to write anything down while in the cave. The smugglers were deep inside, the other miners aware of them but too apathetic to do anything about it. The smugglers attacked me with mining picks, but I dispatched them swiftly. I took one of the mining picks in hand and hefted it up as a weapon as they did, and carried it outside.

I got some kind of rush from holding the pick like that. Something about using a pick as a weapon appeals to me, despite having no experience with axe-like weapons. I think I shall label this feeling 'Dwarven.'
That taken care of, I rush back to the guild for my pay. Another cool hundred coins. Only four days of wandering around so far, and I've made quite a profit.
I quickly expend some fifty coins for a slightly better weapon from the local traders.

A steel Wakizashi. I keep the silver short sword, though, it may still have it's uses.

A steel blade for people, I tell myself, and a silver blade for monsters...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:15:51 pm by Ampersand »
!!&!!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 01:50:28 am »

Since you're in Balmora anyways, you may want to go ahead and join Hlallu. You seem to have the right skills and they pay VERY well for really easy jobs. You could also go ahead and join the thieves guild, if you want.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2009, 02:31:55 am »

Perhaps you would be interested in joining the most honorable guild of the Morag Tong? You seem like the right type.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2009, 06:37:56 am »

Perhaps you would be interested in joining the most honorable guild of the Morag Tong? You seem like the right type.

I approve of this course of action.

*STABBITY-STAB OF DEATH!*
"STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!"
"I have a writ for doing this."
"Oh. Carry on, then."
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 06:41:49 am »

Sadly, the Guards don't do that yet.

I hated the Morag Tong.  Mainly because their quests are impossible, because the "Taunt" function does not work.  You can taunt the crap out of a guy all day long and he will never ever attack you.  That's the idea right?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14