Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Redux suggestions.  (Read 51170 times)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Redux suggestions.
« on: August 05, 2009, 06:49:05 pm »

With Tribunal and Bloodmoon of course. Now, I've played Morrowind before. It's hard to believe now that the last time I played it was almost seven years ago. I was thirteen then, and didn't bother pay much attention to the interesting (read: boring) aspects of the game. I rushed through it, cheated. I don't remember much, and will probably fail very often. But, we'll get past that. Also, I've never played the expansion packs before either, so we'll see how that goes as well.

So, the next post will be reserved, and will be the first part of the actual game play.

Please don't outright spoil anything, but I don't mind if you give me subtle hints toward awesome things or events like, "Go to Mine X" or something. That sort of thing will not draw my wrath. So! Let us begin.

Post 1: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39950.msg691732#msg691732
Post 2: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39950.msg692012#msg692012
Post 3: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39950.msg692400#msg692400
Post 4: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39950.msg694294#msg694294
Post 5: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39950.msg694464#msg694464
Post 6: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39950.msg695333#msg695333
Post 7: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39950.msg700173#msg700173
Post 8: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39950.msg702831#msg702831

Edit:
Finally, post mod suggestions for the redux on the last page. I'll get this thing started again. Provide links where possible.

Also, thanks for the surprising continued interest.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:19:46 am by Ampersand »
!!&!!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play... The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 06:49:45 pm »

Can't start without this, of course.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Wake up... You were dreaming." I hear a nearby voice say, "What's your name?"

I tell him my name is Amp.

"Well, not even last night's storm could wake you. I heard them say we've reached Morrowind," my fellow prisoner says, while the footsteps of a guard in heavy fur boots steadily draw nearer, "I'm sure they'll let us go."

"This is where you get off... Come with me!" The guard hauls me off, out of the boat. I'm pointed to an Imperial patrolman waiting for me the dock. I walk down to him, and he asks me where I'm from. I tell him...
I'm a local.

He shuffles me into the Census office, where I explain that I am trained in the art of spycraft, and explain that I was born under the sign of The Lady. He gives me papers, to take, and instructs me to show them to yet another person to shuffle me around. I leave the room, into the unoccupied one adjacent... I wonder what they were thinking. I grab anything that looks like it would fetch me some profit if sold, and stuff it in my pants.

They even left a lockpick near a lockbox with 30 gold in it. It's as if they wanted me to rob them blind. I wander on through, find a ring in a barrel next to the next building. Inside, the guard captian gives me a package and says something about a guy in the nearby city of Balmora, named Caius. I think I have to take it to him. I'll get to that later. Maybe.

Free at last, I run out of the office, and dash to the nearest tradehouse, where I sell everything I stole before it's missed, and promptly get myself ready to travel.
Light armor, and a silver short sword. Awww yeah.

Once that was done, I immediately felt compelled to leave the town I was in, and climb up a nearby hill to survey my surroundings.

First, I look down on the small village I just left, Seyda Neen.
I move to a slightly taller adjacent hill to see further to the southeast, where I can clearly see the grand city Vivec.
Finally, I turn my eyes north, toward my destination. I can't see Balmora from here, I don't think, but I can see a smaller fortress town nearby, and on the horizon, what appears to be some kind of ruin emerging from a mountain. Between everything, a wide expanse of untamed wilderness.
Oh yeah... This is going to be a good day.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 07:20:33 pm by Ampersand »
!!&!!

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 06:52:22 pm »

be one of those lizard people so you can breath underwater and dig for pearls! that was always fun. Beware the giant crabs

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 06:55:45 pm »

Are you using any mods?

Which mods are you using?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 06:58:10 pm »

be one of those lizard people so you can breath underwater and dig for pearls! that was always fun. Beware the giant crabs
Isn't that a once-a-day power?

But yes, Argonian with spears. I care not for the best items in the game.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 07:21:43 pm »

Nah, get Ian McConville's MogMod and rain Moogley death from the air.

A argonian is fine too.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 07:23:28 pm »

First post done. Anyway, I'm using many mods, but they're all minor aesthetic changes, except for the one that makes non-diseased wild animals not automatically aggressive. Also, all of the Bethedsa mods.
!!&!!

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 07:24:32 pm »

Holy shit, I have to get that MGE thing. Looks awesome.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 07:25:38 pm »

So everyone said Argonian and you picked Dark Elf. I'll admit, I don't get it.

Either way, head to the fortress town, see about joining the military/guard/police or whatever it is in Morrowind.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 07:27:09 pm »

He posted that while everyone was saying Argonian.  I don't think he was putting it up to a vote.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 07:27:37 pm »

Dammit, no fog?

I was about to make a post on how that's not how you are supposed to play, but then I realized I would sound like an idiot. So yes, please don't point out the need for such a sight limitation. No need to emulate aspects of old games that were purely hardware limitations.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 07:40:16 pm »

Man, I just fucking WISH I could run MGE without a single-digit FPS.

Which texture packs(s) are you using?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 07:45:00 pm »

I thought I'd post the last picture in full size to illustrate how awesome it actually looks

Also, no texture packs. And also, while some things in this LP will be a democracy, I still have executive authority.
!!&!!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 07:46:23 pm »

Maybe I'll have to haul ass to finish Mos Le Harmles by the time you're L30ish so you can use it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 07:53:16 pm »

Go to Balmora and get duties from the Fighters' Guild.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14