Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Redux suggestions.  (Read 51167 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Redux suggestions.
« Reply #180 on: October 02, 2010, 08:45:24 am »

About the stuff disappearing: It sounds obvious, but you've run through the distant land setup with the exact mods you're going to be using (and have deleted the old data), right? Because if anything's left behind, they're probably relics of objects which you no longer have enabled.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 02, 2010, 12:18:54 pm »

Yes, I run through the distant land setup with the mods I'm going to be using, and Yes, I did delete the old data first. I'll do it over again, though, just to be sure. Though come to think of it, it could be an artifact of the safe, which was made before most of the mods were thrown in.
!!&!!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 02, 2010, 04:12:11 pm »

Hey, has anyone else found the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 02, 2010, 04:47:21 pm »

Yes, those are awesome... and totally unique. There's no way to make more without cheating.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2010, 04:50:59 pm »

Just dont forget about using one to land not dieing or to use a slowfall spell. Or water. I find another good way to travel is to use the
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 02, 2010, 04:58:24 pm »

Just dont forget about using one to land not dieing or to use a slowfall spell. Or water. I find another good way to travel is to use the
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 02, 2010, 05:07:17 pm »

magic resistance cancels out the blind?!

I may have to try playing this again.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 02, 2010, 05:12:42 pm »

Yep, my characters are always bretons. I didn't find out that they actually blinded you until I tried playing a more melee-oriented character.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2010, 02:48:00 pm »

I may have to try playing this again.
Play as breton. You use those boots finely from the start.

Better yet, play as breton atronach. You're probably magic immune.

Hehe, it's a most metagaming and overpowered race/sign combo in my opinion. I always want to pick it when I play Morrowind, and most of the time I don't do it for the obvious metagamey origin of this urge.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Urist McKing

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Spacemarine
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 10, 2010, 12:35:46 pm »

I ALWAYS go Imperial with the tower sign. open lock 50pts every day? HELL YES.
Yes! I would like the court to recognize the record as showing that I FUCKING CALLED IT!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 10, 2010, 12:49:00 pm »

I ALWAYS go Imperial with the tower sign. open lock 50pts every day? HELL YES.

Oh dear. I hope you don`t think the tower is a good sign. Just go into a random dungeon, loot some chests and urns and you`ll end up with several scrolls of ondusis key which open 50pt locks.

The three best star signs are in my opinion the following.

1. Atronach
2. Apprentice
3. Lady

The Atronach offers very good protection against magic. Even good for a warrior- An Orc, Breton or Nord with the Atronach birthsign are very well protected against magic. If you want to restore mana there are three good ways, one for every stage of the game:

Beginning- Summon an ancestral spirit and anger him. He will hit you with magic which you absorb.
Middle Game- Potions.
End Game- Enchant an item with restore magicka.

The Apprentice is very powerful, but you have to know how to use it. A high elf with the apprentice birthsign becomes incredible powerful- But if a spell hits you can easily die. A true glass cannon.

The Lady is quite a good sign. Endurance is very important and the charisma boost is also nice.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 10, 2010, 01:06:29 pm »

I always go with the lady. Extra stat points are never a bad thing. And as for locks... Yeah, I always enchant an amulet to open locks 100pts as soon as possible. Also one with permanent flight. Get that and the game becomes simplistic against anything that can't fly.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 10, 2010, 01:15:25 pm »

I also always go with the Lady.  Right now I'm playing an Imperial Paladin (Basically Crusader with some slight modifications, gave myself Merc/Speech and switched blunt with long blade).  I kind of wish I'd gone straight fighter though.  I don't use my spells very often but I guess that'll change.  I'm only level 7 and I haven't put much training into them.

I'm also using Morrowind Comes Alive and I've started a personal quest:  Bed a member of every race.  All I've got left is Redguard, Khajiit, and Argonian.  That's gonna be the tough one because I don't think there are any doable female Khajiit and I'm not sure I'm prepared to go there to complete my quest.
Shoes...

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:33:47 pm by Mr.Person »
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2010, 07:31:04 pm »

I can be fairly sure that I don't have to worry about FPS with my machine right now.

But damn. That second list is definitely going in the TO-DO pile. I may just redo the entire installation to get it right, because I'm still having some issues with what I've got right now. I know it's not a problem with the distant statics generated; the objects vanish when I get closer... Maybe it's missing near LOD's for the objects. If so, that's an easy fix.
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14