Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: RTD in the Future Turn 10: Normal, Normal, Normal.  (Read 19070 times)

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD in the Future Turn 1:Briefing
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 09:58:31 pm »

Is it to late to join? If so, put me on the waiting list, please.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 10:00:35 pm »

TURN 1: BRIEFING
You stand at the bridge of the new O.M.S, Orbital Mars Station. 4 doors are placed evenly at the walls of the room, the spaces inbetween are stations. The center of the station is the bridge, constructed in a circular shape with hallways branching to the sections of the station, wich in turn are a bubble circle with the inner part, the circular bridge. The emergency lights are flashing red and engineers and station coordinators are ordering eachother, typing into the stations. The air is electric and a  stern officer stands in front of you.

"You have been specially trained to endure harsh conditions. Today we send you on a mission to the hot, drippy, mossy martian caves to reach the recently satellite discovered river, 'mesopotamia'. Satellite imagry discovered small blots of life forms, these could be simple microbes or technologically advanced extraterrestrials. Extreme caution is required when entering the caves, as we've lost 5 squads before to the depths of it out of the 20 sent in in the history of the U.E.S.F. You're shuttle is specially built to endure exactly the martian atmosphere and make oxygen out of it. It can only generate small amounts so if you need to refuel on oxygen then just come back to the station and we'll reasess the situation. Right now"-The lights stop flashing red and turn bright-".. New residents have some shops setup so feel free to spend some of you're new wage money, 1,000 U.C.[United Currency] on whatever tools or food they have. You're all being equipped on your specialty."
 He turns and walks toward Lear[Gieran]. "When your reach the river, radio in to me and give me a status report, do that as well if something goes wrong. Anyway, go around the station and meet up with the head engineer at the drydocks when you feel like you're ready to go on the mission. Until then go around the station, you and your squad have some room in the barracks." He salutes and heads to one of the stations to begin doing.. something i guess.

The station will be sort of like a home base in this RTD, you get assignments, etc. Can do quests in free time, refuel, repair, shop, rumors, etc. All that good stuff.
Locations

Shops
A assortment of small shops are built into this superstore onboard, the shops sell many arangements of good from tools to food, to weapons.
-AutoKar 2215 Nuclear SMG, 20,000 U.C.
-Tazu Penetrator Sniper Rifle, 4,000 U.C.
-Kolum Mark III Pistol, 600 U.C.
-The Working Man's Pick, 400 U.C.
-All-Purpose Shovel, 500 U.C.
-10 Food Rations, 50 U.C.

Drydock
As you head out of the hallway to the drydock, several ships are being repaired and built. A engineer with his work mask off is writing on a notepad in the corner and several other ones operate mechanical arms, welding torches, and small material hauling bots treading around. Down the platform you see the Docks.

Docks
After heading out of the Drydock section you come upon something rather different. Several ships fly around, undocking and docking. Military guards are stationed every so often and several tourists are hopping out of the majority of the shuttles.

Apartments
The apartments look very fancy from where you can see them. A post on the wall notes that it costs 500 U.C. for taking a vacancy and 100 U.C. per month. Several people mingle about the halls and walk about, ripe for rumors.

Barracks
Certainly not the epitome of privacy or wealth, a small square lobby with bored-looking soldiers stand guard at the entrance, several other soldiers go about, the squads have their own invidual rooms for sharing, as you come upon your room you see 5 beds, 5 lockers, a little TV with one station, the Martian News Network[M.N.N.] A little door leads to a cramped bathroom, the only form of privacy in the barrack.

Bank
The bank is a place to store you're U.C., Receive Loans, Finalize certain agreements, and the like. It's located in the Shops complex for some reason. The interior is fairly mundane, some banking desks with guards stationed all around, a large vault can be seen from the outside of the clerks desk. It is also the place where you can buy market resources, and engage in trade.
-One trade has a tax of 100 U.C.
-All buyings and sells go through automatically but take 5 turns to ship.
-1 ton of stainless steel, 2,000 U.C.
-100 pounds of electronic components, 5,000 U.C.
-1 ton of stone, 500 U.C.
-ton of wood, 2,000 U.C.

RAM:Military Grade Pistol Mark I, Advanced Crafting Kit, Crafting Manual, small engineering kit, 20 Food Rations.
Life signs:100% O2, Non-Starving, Non-dehydrated.

Lear:50mm Military Grade Sniper Mark II, Radio, Field Leaders Manual, Repair Kit, Engineering Kit, The book 'How to win friends and influence people', 20 Food Rations.
Life signs:Life signs:100% O2, Non-Starving, Non-dehydrated.

Frelock:Military Grade Karbine, Repair Kit, Satellite & Targeting Guide, 20 Food Rations.

Little:Military Grade Karbine, 2 Satchels, 2 C4, Military Grade Pistol Mark I, 20 Food Rations.

ClanK:Military Grade Karbine, Advanced Doctors Kit, 5 Frag Grenades, A Katana.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 11:09:33 pm by x2yzh9 »

KlanK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 10:07:30 pm »

You forgot about me in the statuses.  :(

Ill head over to the shop and buy the Kolum Mark III Pistol, 600 U.C. and 20 food rations. (Gotta be prepared!) Afterwards, ill head over to the Apartments and strike up a conversation with a nice looking person.

Edit: Will we ever need to buy ammo, or will it just be there?

Also, when does everyone plan on heading towards the ship?

And RAM, wanna split the apartment? (If possible)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 10:30:27 pm by KlanK »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 10:18:03 pm »

Hehe, right. Fixed, now post your turn actions! ^^

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 10:24:53 pm »

This could be very interesting. I'll be watching this closely.

You asked for a drawing utility in the OP, and I'd suggest GIMP if you can't get ahold of Photoshop. Rather more complex than paint, but far better as well.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 10:26:20 pm »

I rent an apartment, and if I have enough time I will stock it with enough food for a week and look around for better tools and the sort of raw materials I would need to make a all-terrain all-environment vehicle large enough to house a small workshop and some extremely cramped living quarters(no, I don't expect to finish it anytime soon). And see how expensive and/or difficult further training would be.

Roughly how much can we do in a turn?

Do we own our ship? Can we buy it? Am I allowed/able to build a fridge/futuristic-vending-machine in it? does it already have one? Does it already have enough supplies for us to be happy for a couple of days after we run out of O2?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 11:00:25 pm »

I buy ten rations and a pick and bank my leftover money. I'm wanting to leave sooner than later.

Also, x2yzh9 could you please put more spacing between paragraphs and such? I found it somewhat difficult to read and comprehend.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 11:08:03 pm by Lear »
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2009, 11:00:47 pm »

I rent an apartment, and if I have enough time I will stock it with enough food for a week and look around for better tools and the sort of raw materials I would need to make a all-terrain all-environment vehicle large enough to house a small workshop and some extremely cramped living quarters(no, I don't expect to finish it anytime soon). And see how expensive and/or difficult further training would be.

Roughly how much can we do in a turn?

Do we own our ship? Can we buy it? Am I allowed/able to build a fridge/futuristic-vending-machine in it? does it already have one? Does it already have enough supplies for us to be happy for a couple of days after we run out of O2?

5% of O2 drains at at 5% per turn. Water is free onboard the station, 1 ration is consumed per turn, and a turn is 1 starday. There isn't much training available on the station, and you'd need to buy 2 tons of stainless steel, 1 ton of wood, and 200 pounds of components to build what you pointed out, but it would take 5 turns to ship the resources you buy, of course. I added the bank wich you can trade at and stuff.
You don't own the shuttle, the U.E.S.F. is lending it to you so you can accomplish stuff, and they could take it away at any time, as far as you know ingame. The ship is one of the first martian O2 generators so you can't buy it, there is a food dispenser onboard it wich has a stock of 100 rations-worth, and 20 litres of water.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2009, 11:04:16 pm »

Ill head over to the shop and buy the Kolum Mark III Pistol, 600 U.C. and 20 food rations. (Gotta be prepared!) Afterwards, ill head over to the Apartments and strike up a conversation with a nice looking person.

Edit: Will we ever need to buy ammo, or will it just be there?

Also, when does everyone plan on heading towards the ship?

And RAM, wanna split the apartment? (If possible)
Aye, you do need ammo KlanK, but the U.E.S.F Will give you ammo free of charge for the weapons you have, one of the benefits of being in it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 01:46:29 am »

Well, KlanK, I thought about splitting the apartment, but I will probably leave assorted 'projects' lying around the place, some of which may be, 'unstable'... But if you want the honour of having the worst flatmate on the station, then by all means! I could certainly use the extra cash...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:50:33 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 02:01:58 am »

A nuclear SMG?  Sounds like fun.

KlanK, if you need a roomy, I'd be willing to split the apartment with you.  I'd probably only use it for storage and sleep.

I'll head on over to the docks and see if I can scrape up a few UC and get a little training doing some repair work.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2009, 02:07:40 am »

Alright, little just needs to decide what to do and i can post up turn 2.

KlanK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2009, 03:40:14 am »

Heh, it might be best not to room the engineer and the squad "Doctor" in the same apartment. Then again, who knows what hilarity would in sue! But you are right REM, you would be a horrible roommate. Frelock, you have have yourself a flatmate!

As my turn stands.

Buy the Kolum Mark III Pistol, 600 U.C. and 20 food rations.  (it would be awesome if i could get an all-purpose combat knife. Those are handy)

Head over to the apartments, sign up for a room with Frelock, move in, and chat with the neighbors.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2009, 01:16:25 pm »

As it stands, little has yet to even respond. I will GM his turn and if he has yet to post a turn after Turn 2, then the next person in the waiting line will get his position.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2009, 01:34:15 pm »

TURN 2, ODD JOBS

Heh, it might be best not to room the engineer and the squad "Doctor" in the same apartment. Then again, who knows what hilarity would in sue! But you are right REM, you would be a horrible roommate. Frelock, you have have yourself a flatmate!

As my turn stands.

Buy the Kolum Mark III Pistol, 600 U.C. and 20 food rations.  (it would be awesome if i could get an all-purpose combat knife. Those are handy)

Head over to the apartments, sign up for a room with Frelock, move in, and chat with the neighbors.
After buying your pistol you buy some snacks and manage to work a deal with Frelock to share an apartment. After chatting with a woman you learn that there have been rumors of psionic martians on mars.[600 for pistol, 100 for rations, 250 for split cost of buying an apartment with frelock. 950 U.C deducted]
A nuclear SMG?  Sounds like fun.

KlanK, if you need a roomy, I'd be willing to split the apartment with you.  I'd probably only use it for storage and sleep.

I'll head on over to the docks and see if I can scrape up a few UC and get a little training doing some repair work.
[1]You managed to scrape up a bare 10 U.C. only, and manage to get some repair work done on some small things for about [3]300 credits.
I buy ten rations and a pick and bank my leftover money. I'm wanting to leave sooner than later.

Also, x2yzh9 could you please put more spacing between paragraphs and such? I found it somewhat difficult to read and comprehend.
you buy 10 rations, and a pick,[450 U.C. deducted] and head over to the bank to deposit your leftover money.
Well, KlanK, I thought about splitting the apartment, but I will probably leave assorted 'projects' lying around the place, some of which may be, 'unstable'... But if you want the honour of having the worst flatmate on the station, then by all means! I could certainly use the extra cash...
you go buy a apartment and sit at your desk, after deducting that you will need 2 tons of stainless steel, 1 ton of wood, and 200 pounds of components to build the hover craft you were thinking about.[500 U.C. deducted for apartment]
[GM]Buy 20 rations and head over to the ship.
You buy 20 rations[100 U.C. deducted] and head on over to your shuttle.

KlanK:Standing at Apartments

RAM:Standing at Apartments

Frelock:Standing at Docks

Lear:Standing at Bank

Little:Standing at Shuttle
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 02:11:50 pm by x2yzh9 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12