Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3495 3496 [3497] 3498 3499 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5140879 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52440 on: April 13, 2016, 12:48:47 am »

At least Caliborn finally learnt how to anime.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52441 on: April 13, 2016, 01:01:05 am »

So, there is an alternate interpretation of events that can lead you to believe every character died. People are raging about it, it's pretty awesome.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52442 on: April 13, 2016, 01:16:08 am »

I did not expect that.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
You know, I've seen people that have said that Homestuck has been getting more and more anime as of lately... and we know that Caliborn have been trying his hand at drawing manga... and also, he (theoretically) still has access to the Homestuck cartridge itself, plus, as of the Collide, the Weapon, too...

The style is because guest artists. The catch-up on the Vriska timeline we're in was also the same because the same person/people contributed to it.

I'm cautiously optimistic that this is an actual victory for now. We're really close to the end and I don't think all this would lead to the characters actually losing everything. Plus there's the soultrap still to come into play somehow.
At this point, I wouldn't put it past Hussie to end Homestuck on a cliffhanger. There is this "Homestuck 2.0" project that people have started to talk about, and what better way there is to set up for a sequel if not with a cliffhanger, and a lot of unanswered questions?

I don't even know if we will get to see that battle from non-Caliborn centric POV, considering that I've reread the Masterpiece for clues and found
(something which gets a way different meaning in context of there being only 35 pages left)
THE TALE MY MASTERPIECE DESCRIBES, IS BASICALLY A SPOILER TO THE ENDING OF THINGS. IT TAKES PLACE IN A FUTURE MOMENT. LONG BEYOND WHEN WE, YOU, OR I HAVE ANY BUSINESS SEEING WHAT HAPPENS.

I'm fucking psychic, man.
._.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #52443 on: April 13, 2016, 01:26:46 am »

I'm satisfied with this overall but...

What was the deal with that ominous ending to Collide? Nothing that happened afterward fits that foreshadowing.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52444 on: April 13, 2016, 01:36:10 am »

I'm satisfied with this overall but...

What was the deal with that ominous ending to Collide? Nothing that happened afterward fits that foreshadowing.
You could say that it was... a red herring.

*ahahaha* oh god i'm dying from irony

._.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #52445 on: April 13, 2016, 01:57:23 am »

I thought I was too distracted and jaded and out of touch with Homestuck to fully enjoy this, but I did have to blink away a tear.

At least Caliborn finally learnt how to anime.
the masterwork flash ruse...... was a distaction

I was secretly still hoping for a squiddles intermission. The Beforians sorta were what I imagined it to be: a self-ironic Waste of Time.

During Collide I also was hoping very hard Boxcar would ride in on one of those horses and the dignitary would emerge from the dadly mancave and then Drollgorg. This would have added very little to the plot, yes. But I'm not ashamed.

Edit: one more thing. If you're curious about whether there will be anything resembling an epilogue to this ending, yes, I've been thinking about that for some time. It'll take a while to produce though, whatever specific form it ends up taking. Working on Collide took months, and came right down to the wire. I've got more time now though obviously. But that said, I'm not in a huge hurry at this point. Keep an eye out here for developments. There should be plenty of other news in coming months too.
WE WILL NEVER WALK FREE HA HA HONK HONK

It's a pretty obvious psycheout.
"Old" Hussie would have never done anything this... mild may be the right word, without a cruel twist. But since meenahquest I'm not so sure.

Also: Vriska is so dead. Like, 800% dead. Facing an omnicidal godling inside a collapsing universe dead. This insight comes without satisfaction, now. This particular joint has been twisted too far in both directions.

Do we know where and when that planet with the canon fantrolls is that the example cherub attacked?
How did Gamzee get to Cali-Earth?
Whose incestous slurry will feed the matriorb?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52446 on: April 13, 2016, 02:11:07 am »

I guess working out what happened isn't too hard when you think about Caliborn's masterpiece.
1. The kids take Earth to their new universe and live there.
2. Many years in the future the sun dies, and Caliborn arrives on Earth and ends up entering his session.
3. At some point the kids and Arquiussprite warp into the fight (since they're all immortal they may have even done this after Caliborn enters the medium in their universe). They fight him, but the beta kids end up trapped in the juju. Dirk traps all the guys that will become Lord English in Lil' Cal.
4. Vriska finds the juju and releases the kids at Lord English, just after Calliope destroys the green sun. Presumably they defeat him since Dave has the sword and LE is presumably weakened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52447 on: April 13, 2016, 02:29:42 am »

They could've been doomed kids and John. Davesprite, Game Over and the whole retcon thing was basically to show us very clearly that doomed people can matter.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52448 on: April 13, 2016, 02:36:18 am »

Also: Vriska is so dead. Like, 800% dead. Facing an omnicidal godling inside a collapsing universe dead. This insight comes without satisfaction, now. This particular joint has been twisted too far in both directions.

The Weapon is a copy of the doorway to Universe C. It even reacts with narrative causality (turning white and activating) when the one on the lilypad activates from victory. Vriska, Aradia, and half of Sollux have the way out right there, they'd just have to go farther in the future than the Can Town preview.  All Caliborn did was trap the kids on the threshold until it was time to die.

For that matter, you could be all crazy optimistic and say Jane used the doorway offscreen, rezzed the troll army, and they were the ones who... slurried.... for the mother grub to repopulate the troll planet you see the fantrolls die on.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52449 on: April 13, 2016, 02:59:44 am »

The beta kids are presumably about to emerge and beat Lord English in the Vriska scene. After that John could warp everyone away.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52450 on: April 13, 2016, 03:16:41 am »

There's noticeably a red lightning bolt there. Dave has Caledfwlch, which can kill Lord English due to having a cue ball be made in its construction (note that LE's eyes become 8-balls after the green sun is black hole'd; this signals that he's ready to be pocketed).

And if you're wondering why LE's stuff seem to rely on weird arbitrary metaphor bullshit: um. have you been reading the same comic. as me.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52451 on: April 13, 2016, 04:31:23 am »

This update was beautiful, and seeing the Vast Croak was amazing, but I'm ticked off we didn't get to see LE be defeated.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52452 on: April 13, 2016, 07:01:49 am »

This is very obviously a setup for Hiveswap, and LE's eventual return.

I know it.

still didn't know homestuck ended up being the animu it was supposed to be.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52453 on: April 13, 2016, 07:40:37 am »

Am I the only one worried about how humanity's likely to go extinct in the long run? I mean, god-tier immortality may not be a thing in the new 'verse, and, well, there's like nine(?) human beings left with basically zero genetic diversity. Unless the ectobiology lab made it to the new 'verse, they're kinda... well, doomed.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52454 on: April 13, 2016, 07:43:25 am »

Am I the only one worried about how humanity's likely to go extinct in the long run? I mean, god-tier immortality may not be a thing in the new 'verse, and, well, there's like nine(?) human beings left with basically zero genetic diversity. Unless the ectobiology lab made it to the new 'verse, they're kinda... well, doomed.

Look the phrase incesutous slurry was said at some point in the comic, and though I forget the context it's what we're going to have to sit down and accept, so go sleep with your half brother. It's for the future of mankind.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 3495 3496 [3497] 3498 3499 ... 3524