Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3494 3495 [3496] 3497 3498 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5140880 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52425 on: April 12, 2016, 11:41:15 pm »

I... kinda expected at least a little underwhelming, there was just too much to finish. But this feels intentionally underdone, so who knows.

Music and animation were awesome, though. and Can Town.

Crackpot juju theory: The Masterpiece fight took place in an alternate timeline where the kids and trolls tried to take on LE directly. He's a time player, so he'd have no problem escaping a doomed timeline. Since the Weapon is a retcon machine, it totally also saved those four doomed Beta kids and brought their souls in to retcon LE. Yes.

Vriska, Aradia, and the living half of Sollux totes forgot about the whole new universe and their friends and stuff, so they're chillin' in dream bubs with Davepeta, Jasprosesprite, and the ghost army, having wild raves forever and ever.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52426 on: April 12, 2016, 11:52:00 pm »

thanks for playing
Black lives matter.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52427 on: April 12, 2016, 11:52:56 pm »

It's a pretty obvious psycheout.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52428 on: April 12, 2016, 11:53:16 pm »

[ S ] New Game +

pls
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52429 on: April 12, 2016, 11:55:09 pm »

i'm still confused as to what went unresolved

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52430 on: April 12, 2016, 11:56:42 pm »

LE's eyes turn into 8 balls, and Calliope creates a black hole near the green sun. Remember LE's game is like pool? They sank the 8 ball last, using the Weapon presumably kept him from escaping or something. So yeah, Vriska, Aradia, and all the rest not in the new universe are presumably dead for good. Because lol.

i'm still confused as to what went unresolved

It's really not very clear in the presentation what the black hole was, or that everyone who stayed behind just up and died. So that's fun.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52432 on: April 12, 2016, 11:59:31 pm »

http://chairman-miaow.tumblr.com/post/142722884391/reaction-to-upd8

Ahh game grumps.

Wonder if they'll do Hivebent when that pops out of the festerpool.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #52433 on: April 13, 2016, 12:00:56 am »

The animation was interesting, but it feels distinctly unresolved in a lot of respects. For that, I can see Hussie going for the dramatic fake out.

But I think this is the ending we're going to get.

I don't think that Hussie could have lived up to the hype of ending Homestuck had he gone for the flashy ending. Ending on a whisper instead of a bang might have been the best course of action by that virtue alone. It leaves others to fill in the blanks whatever it may be. We already know the ending; Lord English gets defeated, the end up on the planet together and live happily ever after.

From there? You fill in the blanks. He's already shown that he's sort of for having people develop their own ideas. I think that may be the case here as well.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52434 on: April 13, 2016, 12:05:36 am »

I think this could have been a good ending but there's a lot of stuff that just turned out not to matter and questions that were never answered.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52435 on: April 13, 2016, 12:07:08 am »

So, Can Town/New Earth was a regenerated Cherub World, which was a destroyed Old Earth, which was the Troll Reward World, which was...? There's some Serious Ouroboros happening, which makes me think the abrupt-seeming end might be intentional and legit? Caliborn destroys Sburb/Sgrub's symbol of Time and Motivations, while Calliope destroys the manifestation of Space and Vitality... I think they ended the universe/Homestuck, just as all the surviving characters get to begin their brand new existences beyond the confines of the story? Is this all just a Mobius Meta-Tier Self-Fulfilling Creation Myth after all?

With all the unresolved ends, I kinda don't want it to be that way, and part of me doubts it's the way Hussie would choose to end a mindscrew-filled multimedia epic... but maybe that's exactly why I could kinda see it, too?

In any case, that animation was brilliant. I was not expecting frame-by-frame hand drawn animation. What an undertaking, and what a note to wrap it up(?) with. To see this thing grow the way it has, from start to now... damn.

Anyway, a parting gift for folks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52436 on: April 13, 2016, 12:13:34 am »

Caliborn destroyed his clock. The destruction of the clock made him unconditionally immortal and gave him a full body union with the CLockwork Majyyks. Calliope destroyed the Green Sun, removing many of Lord English's incredibly OP powers.

Caledfwlch can destroy him and the weapon had Dave inside.

Calliope used 3 universes for the creation of the Green Sun, which are probably doomed versions of A, B and C.

Doc Scratch never once lied (I checked!) and said the destruction of the green sun would kill him, and Lord English requires him.

The house turned white right as Vriska used the weapon. Considering its known powers earlier, it probably retconned the ending into a happy one instead of Caliborn's Masterpiece, which is probably the only way to escape from Lord English if Caledfwlch fails.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52437 on: April 13, 2016, 12:25:22 am »

Edit: one more thing. If you're curious about whether there will be anything resembling an epilogue to this ending, yes, I've been thinking about that for some time. It'll take a while to produce though, whatever specific form it ends up taking. Working on Collide took months, and came right down to the wire. I've got more time now though obviously. But that said, I'm not in a huge hurry at this point. Keep an eye out here for developments. There should be plenty of other news in coming months too.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52438 on: April 13, 2016, 12:25:28 am »

New edit to newspost:

Edit: one more thing. If you're curious about whether there will be anything resembling an epilogue to this ending, yes, I've been thinking about that for some time. It'll take a while to produce though, whatever specific form it ends up taking. Working on Collide took months, and came right down to the wire. I've got more time now though obviously. But that said, I'm not in a huge hurry at this point. Keep an eye out here for developments. There should be plenty of other news in coming months too.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52439 on: April 13, 2016, 12:28:52 am »

More like new edit to Potato, IMO.
Pages: 1 ... 3494 3495 [3496] 3497 3498 ... 3524