Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3487 3488 [3489] 3490 3491 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5140876 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52320 on: April 08, 2016, 02:20:11 am »

The style is because guest artists. The catch-up on the Vriska timeline we're in was also the same because the same person/people contributed to it.

I'm cautiously optimistic that this is an actual victory for now. We're really close to the end and I don't think all this would lead to the characters actually losing everything. Plus there's the soultrap still to come into play somehow.
At this point, I wouldn't put it past Hussie to end Homestuck on a cliffhanger. There is this "Homestuck 2.0" project that people have started to talk about, and what better way there is to set up for a sequel if not with a cliffhanger, and a lot of unanswered questions?
._.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52321 on: April 08, 2016, 02:32:57 am »

I have the incredible1 ability to not hear songs where they aren't, so the thought never occurred to me.

1this would've been sarcastic 8 months ago...
Well, the instrumentation is at least somewhat close to the SSB:Melee version.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52322 on: April 08, 2016, 06:37:56 am »

Wait, hold on, is it just me or, not counting the ghosts, none of the characters died? I mean, not permanently anyways.

This is ominous from Hussie.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52323 on: April 08, 2016, 06:58:49 am »

It is, because Caliborn's preview of the final battle has yet to happen.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52324 on: April 08, 2016, 07:03:34 am »

Yeah, but that's still just the main four. There's still the trolls and the alpha? kids.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52325 on: April 08, 2016, 11:12:47 am »

Caliborn's preview had all 8 humans. It's just the trolls that are conceivably at risk.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52326 on: April 08, 2016, 12:00:09 pm »

I don't even know if we will get to see that battle from non-Caliborn centric POV, considering that I've reread the Masterpiece for clues and found
._.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52327 on: April 08, 2016, 12:08:12 pm »

35 pages of intermission. Act 7's length is yet unknown.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52328 on: April 08, 2016, 12:10:09 pm »

In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52329 on: April 08, 2016, 12:23:55 pm »

35 pages of intermission. Act 7's length is yet unknown.
Wait, it is?

*checks*

Oh. Hmm. Well, I thought that it couldn't be all that large, since it would be all released on a single day, but, come to think about it, there's technically nothing that prevents Hussie from dropping a multi-hundred pages door-stopper on us on April 13th. Hmmmmmmmm.
._.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52330 on: April 08, 2016, 01:01:51 pm »

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=009995

Aww crap. Last panels were too dang cute. There's no way this lasts.

I-is there?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52331 on: April 08, 2016, 01:26:30 pm »

Caliborn's interlude was him as normal, before he hulked out and became LE. The current strife is long after that interlude fight, and probably on a different timeline. My current guess is John's retcon powers retcon that alternate timeline and prevent LE (or at least his current form), but I'm not sure how that would shake out with doomy dooms and all that stuff.

Or Calliope shuts off the green sun, depowering lots of people. It's been said before that the Sun powers the sessions, but we haven't really seen anything outside LE's modified sessions, so that could be a defense mechanism to keep people from tampering with LE's power supply in the important sessions he needed to exist. I also suspect LE tampered with the game itself to rig it in his favor (as his null session was designed specifically to his strengths and allowed him to win), not counting the sabotage and Doc Scratch stuff.

EDIT: There was also a few panels that explained Dave had to have Caledfwlch in its current from (made with a cueball) to even harm LE. The ghost army may just be wasting their time, or The Weapon might need to be used with Caledfwlch somehow. Getting to the fight might be a problem, though. Davepeta is really strong and even they needed a long flight to get bearings.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:29:34 pm by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52332 on: April 08, 2016, 04:53:44 pm »

EDIT: There was also a few panels that explained Dave had to have Caledfwlch in its current from (made with a cueball) to even harm LE. The ghost army may just be wasting their time, or The Weapon might need to be used with Caledfwlch somehow. Getting to the fight might be a problem, though. Davepeta is really strong and even they needed a long flight to get bearings.
1) Dave has already demonstrated the LE-harming-slash-killing capabilities by "killing" Jack English. I think that also counts as him dealing second defeat to LE, as foretold.
2) They can hitch a ride on a John retcon train to anywhere and to any time. Which we know they could do, and will in fact do quite soon, in order to get to the Caliborn and deal LE his first defeat.
._.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52333 on: April 08, 2016, 06:37:29 pm »

We still don't know, and probably never will, how equivalent Union Jack was to Lord English, as far as I know. Was it possession? Was it merely empowerment? Something in between? Some sort of merger? So 1) is a possibility, but not a guarantee.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 09:26:30 pm by Bauglir »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52334 on: April 08, 2016, 08:03:30 pm »

It's not clear but I think Caliborn did something to make Union Jack "fetch" the stuff he needed to complete his session from the start (eg the crowbar, Gamzee). It all got sucked up by his head implosion.
Pages: 1 ... 3487 3488 [3489] 3490 3491 ... 3524