Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3330 3331 [3332] 3333 3334 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142110 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #49965 on: October 27, 2014, 10:46:07 pm »

My view on the gendered classes is it's based on mentality. Is someone more feminine in their thinking or masculine in their thinking? They don't need to have gender Dysphoria or be trans or whathaveyou, just how they think. Not based on genetilia.

Also Muse is defined as Slave to their aspect.

Lord is defined as Ruler of their aspect.

Muse has everything that doesn't matter and nothing that does matter from the start (hence Caliope craving friends and having lots of talents but having no friends outside of her own fantasy land for most of the time we have seen her.)

Lord starts with nothing but gains all they want with time. (Hence Caliborn's learning disabilities and perpetual world smacking him but eventually gaining the power he craves.

Why would the previous-generation Cherubs have classes? They're just garden-variety superbeings within their universe, as far as I'm aware.

Note also that Lady of Space can't exist for two reasons - the more important being that it's been confirmed that many classes are sex-specific and that the two "Master" classes have already been locked down as Lord/Muse (and Active/Passive, and sex-specific, much to my eternal annoyance), and the more pedantic being that "Lady" has two syllables.

^This.

Also, for the record, the second most active and passive classes are female and male exclusive respectively[Pretty sure they're Witch and Page].

People still fit classes even if they aren't dictated ingame. They just lack the abilities. The Classpects seem to be personality archetypes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49966 on: October 27, 2014, 10:50:32 pm »

The classpects are challenges to fill, not something describing who you already are.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49967 on: October 27, 2014, 11:26:06 pm »

Wrong~ They define that which is ideal for the person.

Some fit great at the start incomic as they did more personal growth before the game began then others. Roxy for example was already quite roguey and voidy before the session started, stealing pumpkins for the chess people in her islandvillagestructutething and warping around with those voidwindows. She only progressed from there, quiting alcohol cold turkey and improving herself rapidly. Karkat on the other hand started extremely inversed. As Knight of Blood, he deals with bonds between people. He had a fascination with the quadrants, more so then Nepeta, hence his collection of romcoms. He managed to stop twelve unstable and occasionally genocidal people from murdring each other for their entire session, even though it was rigged to pit them against one another. He calmed Gamzee the first time he went sober. Something only a Blood player could do, and he had extremely high tier empathy. Part of a Knight's growth is finding themselves worthy of their power, and occasionally deciding what's right to do with it, hence Dave deciding to not use his Time powers, even to save the Mayor or his own life.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49968 on: October 27, 2014, 11:45:04 pm »

How do you know that?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49969 on: October 27, 2014, 11:55:32 pm »

There was a whole exposition on it incomic.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #49970 on: October 28, 2014, 02:36:08 pm »

I will laugh so hard when John's beating turns Caliborn super-competent

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49971 on: October 28, 2014, 02:41:11 pm »

That would be awful. John's beating was a retcon (that is, not part of the original alpha timeline that produces Lord English), so that would only make things worse. Unless it inspired him to take a more introspective perspective and reevaluate his actions based on the impact they have on othe- pffff no i'm sorry i can't finish this sentence it's just too absurd
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49972 on: October 28, 2014, 03:15:35 pm »

Could you explain how any of that makes me wrong? The classpect doesn't define who you are, it describes where you should end up.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49973 on: October 28, 2014, 03:23:50 pm »

Could you explain how any of that makes me wrong? The classpect doesn't define who you are, it describes where you should end up.
I'm rather sure Nannaspirte said something about John's role as an Heir of Breath was destiny.
(so yes, predetermined, likely by skaia)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49974 on: October 28, 2014, 03:52:13 pm »

You stated it was a challenge, it's not a challenge. It's nature.

I'm rather sure Nannaspirte said something about John's role as an Heir of Breath was destiny.
(so yes, predetermined, likely by skaia)
Not predetermined persay, more of a "person to grow into and become." Classpects are a path of growth, they aren't manditory. If they were manditory, all the dead Johns in the dead timelines would have completed that path before death.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49975 on: October 28, 2014, 03:57:42 pm »

Not predetermined persay, more of a "person to grow into and become." Classpects are a path of growth, they aren't manditory. If they were manditory, all the dead Johns in the dead timelines would have completed that path before death.
[/quote]

That is a complete non-sequiter. The alpha is the only timeline that matters, especially when it comes to "destiny" and shit.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49976 on: October 28, 2014, 04:12:58 pm »

Doomed timelines matter. Take a look at Davesprite~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49977 on: October 28, 2014, 04:16:04 pm »

That would be awful. John's beating was a retcon (that is, not part of the original alpha timeline that produces Lord English), so that would only make things worse. Unless it inspired him to take a more introspective perspective and reevaluate his actions based on the impact they have on othe- pffff no i'm sorry i can't finish this sentence it's just too absurd
On the other hand, the LE enforced existence in all spawned universes may already be due to a retcon of some kind.

The Ultimate Weapon after all has been first utilized by LE...
._.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49978 on: October 28, 2014, 04:21:52 pm »

I've read a theory that it 'Super-Charges' your aspect.  In that case, the super-charge would be forcing inevitability to work his way, rather than Retcon.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49979 on: October 28, 2014, 04:49:20 pm »

I've read a theory that it 'Super-Charges' your aspect.

Extrapolating a theory from a single data point! Brilliant.
Pages: 1 ... 3330 3331 [3332] 3333 3334 ... 3524