Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3023 3024 [3025] 3026 3027 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5130430 times)

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #45360 on: February 23, 2013, 11:11:40 pm »

I thought the shits were to die in the game, not the comic.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45361 on: February 23, 2013, 11:13:23 pm »

Nope, they were to appear in-comic.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45362 on: February 23, 2013, 11:33:43 pm »

Hmmm... yeah, you know, I think the Green sun being a direct manifestation of Calliope's power makes perfect sense. The Green Sun really is the ultimate Muse-power. She could well be in the sun, somehow.

But I don't know - I think Caliborn wants to destroy the Sun for more of a reason than that. And we know, somehow, English is some combination of the two Cals. Hell, I'm beginning to suspect he isn't even Caliborn.

I think English may be their Guardian/Ancestor. Made from both their Ectoplasms combined, kept inside a host until he was able to break free...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #45363 on: February 23, 2013, 11:39:19 pm »

Do we know what muses do besides nothing active?

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #45364 on: February 23, 2013, 11:40:18 pm »

I am going to put these here...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45365 on: February 23, 2013, 11:41:30 pm »

We don't know, but there's a few interesting things.

For example, "Muse of Space" is pretty much synonymous with "fondly regard (of) creation", which could prove interesting.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45366 on: February 23, 2013, 11:41:57 pm »

They enable others to use their aspect (In this case, Space), and they do it in such a way that it's SUPER POWERFUL. That's all we know.

The Green Sun is basically turbo-charged space powers, that a whole bunch of folks end up tapping into...

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45367 on: February 24, 2013, 12:14:44 am »

Hmmm... yeah, you know, I think the Green sun being a direct manifestation of Calliope's power makes perfect sense. The Green Sun really is the ultimate Muse-power. She could well be in the sun, somehow.
No, the Manifestation of her powers are the Bubbles, which are based on the Content of the Green Sun. [Trollian Frog, Human Frong ( and by conjunction, the Uroboros Session ) /variants plus ]

This also goes in hand with the constraint that the Green Sun has, it only has the encompassing knowledge of the Frogs that it is made of [Scratch doesn't know anything outside of sessions therein] , and though it has roughly the power of two universal masses, it can't affect physics within places outside of its borders [which include the variant universes, and Incipispheres tied to their hypothetical sessions, but not outside of it, like Hussie's Manor. ] .
But I don't know - I think Caliborn wants to destroy the Sun for more of a reason than that. And we know, somehow, English is some combination of the two Cals. Hell, I'm beginning to suspect he isn't even Caliborn.
No, having the genes/memes of a person makes you the same as that person [or in other words, you were given the same upbringing and genes as your twin, but you still differentiated anyways] .

Spoiler: bluh (click to show/hide)
Lord English, and Doc Scratch are the First Guardian, the only way I can describe this is as a sort of metamorphosis.
Doc Scratch strongly exhibits the traits of the components of [felt/possesed] Cal and the Cue Ball Oracle, but Lord English expresses Caliborn [which came from the felt/possessed Cal] and Caliborn's latent loathing for his sister [expressed to an extreme] .
I think English may be their Guardian/Ancestor. Made from both their Ectoplasms combined, kept inside a host until he was able to break free...
It's less likely the case, it's more likely Cal [Doc Scratch] finally being able metamorph into something else [Lord English] which is analogous to Caliborn.

Besides, the Cherubs were Reckoned into their Universe [remnants of the Alpha Human Universe] by unusual means [via a Meteor from a completely different Frog], so I don't think they need to follow the same entrapment of Reckoning, something just needs to put them there, be it before or after the Reckoning and it's kosher.

The Green Sun is more or less the leftovers of two destroyed Frogs, so to say it is the origin of an Aspect is a bit far, but I see where it comes from.

Muses, for all we can see is that they can imprint reality, in some manner. [As seen with her Fiction, which Caliborn read, and tore the pages out of, and her Ominous Painting pre Session, and the segregated bubble that she resides in, post-death.]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 12:18:35 am by Boea »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45368 on: February 24, 2013, 12:38:08 am »

Wait, how do we know English is anything but Caliborn? I used to think that, but recent developments have made it simpler to assume that he's simply grown-up Caliborn. Identical injuries and specibi, he's explained why his adult typing quirk is a hybrid of his and Calliope's and is the color of her blood, and even the source of the name English has been subtly implied by the whole "jacking any portion of your swagger" thing, making it an appropriate information loop for Homestuck. About all that's left is the ultimate source of the pool-ball eyes.

Also, I'm not sure we know what Muses do other than be passive and women (and I am never going to let that one slide, Hussie >_____>). Where's this bit about enabling others to use her powers coming from?

@Boea
The bubbles are a product of the Horrorterrors, not Calliope, and are based on the memories of the people inhabiting them (they just occupy the same undefined non-space as the Green Sun). We also don't know anything about what places the Green Sun can affect - we know only that it does affect the two universes (and alternate timelines thereof) that we've seen. We actually do know it must affect others, though - Scratch has said that there are countless versions of himself, and none of them have failed to bring Lord English into being. Because, necessarily, the only Scratch in the troll universe frog who is successful (by definition of the Alpha Timeline Scratch gives) is the one we're familiar with, alternate timeline versions of that Scratch within the same universe must have failed. In order to reconcile this with Scratch's necessarily (because Scratch never lies, and his claim was explicit) correct claim, alternate timeline Scratches must not count as different versions because they are effectively the same Doc Scratch (birthed from the same Ectoparents, with the same infinite knowledge and stunning charisma).

I'm also not sure that the Green Sun is the remains of two destroyed Frogs, so much as it is the remains of two destroyed universes within those Frogs. Remember, the only external source of destruction was Jack. We've no reason to believe the rest of the Trollverse frog was destroyed.

Lotsa assumptions here that I'm not sure are justified.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45369 on: February 24, 2013, 03:03:26 am »

The same can be said about Bec, how is he anything but Halley?
They are different, definitely based on Halley [and Felt Cal] and his other attributes, but not the same.

[Simplifications are nice, but they are more different than the Sufferer, and Kankri]

The thing with the Muse, realize this, the next most active Role is the Witch. [Hussplained]
Anyways, I would more blame the cultural themes behind the Roles, than the creator, same issue with bulges, and troll boobs.

More or less everything is the product of a few Horrorterrors at the very least.
Given the existence of a First Guardian, and Dominant Muse of Space, I wondered if such a powerhouse could substantiate their Musings into reality.
I guess having her timeline die, and forcing her to be the engine of the bubbles, force a sort of survival is a likely enough possibility set aside other possible ways a noneuclid of pro quo can make these things.

Eh, if the Green Sun is the Source of All Knowledge of its parts [and how Doc phrased it from His Interlude] that would be more the case, then.
He only had a weak explanation of alternatives, and lessened ability to delve into them, which can be the limit of the entire Knowledge based of the Alternian Session. When it comes to the Humans, the Sky is apparently the limit, considering it is the Whole Frog.

The assumptions are generally based on what was seen with the Muse; what happens when you have a lot of power [Forces of Nature becomes one and the same, and light-dark becomes blinding] ; and the limit of a First Guardian's Knowledge/Power Base.

[General Questions: Alpha, Beta and Doomed, and how.]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:05:10 am by Boea »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45370 on: February 24, 2013, 03:10:46 am »

The same can be said about Bec, how is he anything but Halley?
They are different, definitely based on Halley [and Felt Cal] and his other attributes, but not the same.
Because he has attributes that are clearly not those of a mundane dog, and we saw him being ectobiologized from Halley and the First Guardian code. It's technically possible that LE is an ectobiologized version of Caliborn (and my current theory is a variant of this, with Lil Cal being Trickster Caliborn and each universe's LE born from a being ectobiologically created from Caliborn and other things), but there's no real reason to suspect it's so. I certainly wouldn't advance my own theory as anything but the insane ramblings of a man with too much time on his hands until Hussie puts something in the comic to confirm it, and it's definitely not sufficient to disprove anybody else's suppositions.

Didn't really follow the rest of your post, sorry to say. I really just have no idea why the bubbles have anything to do with Calliope, other than that she's in one.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45371 on: February 24, 2013, 03:38:45 am »

I more or less followed the Life of Cal, and the Five Texts that came about to form the Ultimate Demon.

??
Gamzee Chucklevoodoo'd [Beta] Dave with [Derse] Cal
Upon Reckoning [Derse] Cal went with a [NonGendered] Strider who became [Beta] Bro, and [Alpha] Dirk, respectively
[Alpha] Cal was Eventually Destroyed; whilst [Beta] Cal went into the [Beta] Session.
[Beta] Cal is eventually Taken and ReReckoned by Bec Noir.
Bec Noir enters the [Alternian] Session
Cal is ReReckoned again with an Aradiabot.
The one instance in which she survives, the Timeline is Doomed, and from it, a [Makara] Tome is Retrieved; otherwise Aradia finds [Tattered] Cal
Kanaya obtains, and resews [Tattered] Cal into [Felt] Cal
[Felt] Cal ReEnters the [Alternian] Session
Gamzee uses [Felt] Cal to Generate the Alternian First Guardian with the Texts: [Nitram; Megido; Serket; Pyrope] Manuals, [Makara] Tome, and [Oracle] Cue Ball
[Felt] Cal remains with Gamzee on the Meteor PreEscape.
??

??
Cal has [Empty Cal]
Fills [??] [Empty] Cal
??

Generally the Assumption is that Ectobiology only works on the Data [Genetics(Phenotypes), Memetics(Memotypes), Programs/Codes] present within the Components.
This generally means that the Sum is Greater than, or at least Different than the Parts.
And that Cal has to be possessed by Caliborn by the time of Genesis.

It is because of this I don't believe LE is Caliborn per se, but expresses at least whatever gives him Caliborn's Visage and Title, Cal's Motif, and a probably over-expressed Hate-Calliope Memotype.
That, and LE fucking Metamorphed from Doc Scratch, I'm just saying, a Medusa Polyp ain't a fucking Medusa Jellyfish.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:41:27 am by Boea »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #45372 on: February 24, 2013, 04:05:44 am »

I will theorize that Calliope as Muse of Space exerts influence on the story. Because,

Calliope views everyone in the story as characters in a story, even writing self-insert fanfiction about everything that's happened.
Muses provide inspiration for literature and art.
Caliborn breaks the fourth wall, so it's reasonable to theorize that Calliope may do the same thing.
Space can refer to a lot of different things depending on how abstract and meta you want to think. Like the space on a page, for example.

So if we take all of this to its logical extreme and as far retardedly meta as we can because why the fuck not this is Homestuck fuck you, then ultra powerful dead Calliope is in Hussie's swanky study whispering in his ear what he should do next, providing inspiration and direction to the story that is favorable to her ends.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45373 on: February 24, 2013, 04:24:54 am »

If anything, she can only reflect reality, whether or not that can be useful is questionable.
Bubbles would make for a very perfect reflection, being able to create your own Ghost Imprint Army, heh.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45374 on: February 24, 2013, 05:37:34 am »

Calliope is Ms. Paint. She was already pretending to be Serenity earlier, so we know she can disguise herself.
Pages: 1 ... 3023 3024 [3025] 3026 3027 ... 3524