Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1011 1012 [1013] 1014 1015 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126592 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: [S] JOHN. RISE UP.
« Reply #15180 on: December 17, 2010, 09:49:21 pm »

God tiers are apparently separate from the echeladder.

If this was in retaliation to my link post, you're correct, but I don't think you can get fray motifs without being in the god tiers. At least that's how I understand the whole windy thing symbol introduction.

So why did John's injury transfer to his dreamself? And why did this not happen with Sollux and Vriska?

This comic has inconsistent dreamself mechanics.

Was it a super special dreamself that was lying on the Quest Bed on Skaia? Is this separate from the normal dreamself that pops into and out of existence as the realself falls asleep and wakes up? Does getting prototyped with Becquerel make Jack into a sort of reverse Freddy Kruger?

I am confused by this update.

I don't remember Thollux'th death, but are we positive that Vriska died in that flash? To me it looks like Aradia took off before she was completely done...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15181 on: December 17, 2010, 09:50:02 pm »

Look just above the greenstuff

Static, like on the TV.  Is Becspers going to hit up what's left of Earth next and kill Wayward Vagabond?
Shoes...

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15182 on: December 17, 2010, 09:52:19 pm »

Look just above the greenstuff

Static, like on the TV.  Is Becspers going to hit up what's left of Earth next and kill Wayward Vagabond?

I think the static was just because it was the soulbot log. And also because WV's viewport no longer had a target. I think the showing of Bec Noir was more of WV seeing Bec Noirmoreso than Becsprite seeing WV.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15183 on: December 17, 2010, 09:52:27 pm »

If this was in retaliation to my link post, you're correct, but I don't think you can get fray motifs without being in the god tiers. At least that's how I understand the whole windy thing symbol introduction.
I think you can just buy them whenever you have the dough.  That's what boondollars are for, after all.

I'm voting for "quest bed is just special" as a counter to any "weird dream mechanics" stuff.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15184 on: December 17, 2010, 09:53:46 pm »

everytime I see that title, I hear this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0JxrDTJHIc

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15185 on: December 17, 2010, 09:54:15 pm »

I think you can just buy them whenever you have the dough.  That's what boondollars are for, after all.

Truuue, but I also interpreted the lighting up of the symbol on Skaia as the "unlocking" of the fraymotifs. Like you can only use them if your godform has been activated.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #15186 on: December 17, 2010, 09:55:15 pm »

Give up, stop following Homestuck.

Tried that already. Then the troll arc started and I couldn't help myself.

So why did John's injury transfer to his dreamself?
It's all rather confusing. So far, it's seemed that the dreamself will only sustain the injuries of the realself if the individual in question is alright with it (Terezi's blindness), but not if they desire to not be injured (Vriska's arm and eye). The only thing I can think of with John is that Jack is now powerful enough to hurt the dreamself through the realself.

But I imagine John would not want to have a hole in his chest be part of how he views himself.

This comic makes no sense.

I don't remember Thollux'th death, but are we positive that Vriska died in that flash? To me it looks like Aradia took off before she was completely done...

Heavily implied by having her arm and eye back in subsequent updates, and basically confirmed in a conversation between Vriska and Terezi in Past Karkat: Wake up. Something to the effect of Vriska asking Terezi if it sucked that she never died and continued as her dreamself.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15187 on: December 17, 2010, 09:56:55 pm »

I wouldn't interpret it that way.  After all, John *could* have bought one earlier if he hadn't given dave that boonbuck.

And is there really any evidence that his dreamself was actually injured?  It could just be a stylistic thing anyway.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15188 on: December 17, 2010, 09:58:39 pm »

Huh. Good news guys, Bro isn't dead; he's just fucking around in the God Tiers.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15189 on: December 17, 2010, 10:00:17 pm »

I wouldn't interpret it that way.  After all, John *could* have bought one earlier if he hadn't given dave that boonbuck.

Weird Game Predestination Shit?

Heavily implied by having her arm and eye back in subsequent updates, and basically confirmed in a conversation between Vriska and Terezi in Past Karkat: Wake up. Something to the effect of Vriska asking Terezi if it sucked that she never died and continued as her dreamself.

Ah okay. Well, "basically confirmed" or 100%? Vriska still could have died somehow else.

Anyway, what if dreamselves only take the damage if they've already been awakened? Terezi's was awakened just before she went blind.

Bro's dead. He wasn't a player.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15190 on: December 17, 2010, 10:01:30 pm »

Dave's also bought out all the fraymotifs with his hideous amount of goldd already, and I think he still has a ways to go, echeladder-wise.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15191 on: December 17, 2010, 10:02:09 pm »

Bro's dead. He wasn't a player.

This is incorrect on a multitude of levels. Bro was a player, a playah, THE player, and a player(in the sense of a trickster).
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15192 on: December 17, 2010, 10:03:18 pm »

Also, he unleashed a strange energy from Beat Mesa.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15193 on: December 17, 2010, 10:12:04 pm »

That was actually how Bro reproduces. Bec Noir, and every female for 5,000 light years, is now pregnant.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #15194 on: December 17, 2010, 10:14:11 pm »

Ah okay. Well, "basically confirmed" or 100%? Vriska still could have died somehow else.

Anyway, what if dreamselves only take the damage if they've already been awakened? Terezi's was awakened just before she went blind.

Yeah, there's still the possibility that it could have been something else, but when Aradia gives Vriska a devastating beating, and then later Vriska talks about how she has died, the implications are pretty clear about what happened.

And I guess that dreamself stuff works, but that wasn't the explanation Terezi offered when Karkat asked about why her dreamself was blind. It was that seeing was not how she perceived herself.

And then there's the problem of how Karkat was able to view John on Trollian, which doesn't track dreamselves.

This comic makes no sense.

I think I'll just stop thinking about it and wait for the exposition dump that's going to come from Vriska or Rose in the next few updates.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 1011 1012 [1013] 1014 1015 ... 3524