Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 90

Author Topic: Visual Fortress: another 3D visualisation app  (Read 325675 times)

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Visual Fortress: another 3D visualisation app
« Reply #975 on: November 24, 2009, 06:19:56 pm »

Shaostoul:  Have you tried Khazad, it might work for you and get the visual you need.
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #976 on: November 24, 2009, 09:32:53 pm »

I just tried Khazad and it finished loading, some stuff popped up and then it crashed.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #977 on: November 26, 2009, 12:41:33 am »

I was just messing around with this program again, trying to see if I could get any error log information, only stuff I can seem to get is from the windows prompt crash..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't know if that'll help at all, but I thought I'd just include it cause it seems a lot of you guys are programming wizards. /bow

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is the log file text information generated by the program, don't know if that'll help either, but I can hope.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Nexii Malthus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: November 26, 2009, 04:45:22 am »

Problem signature:
  Fault Module Name:   nvoglv32.dll
  Fault Module Version:   8.15.11.8627
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4a453f9c
Nvidia OpenGL drivers are crashing it seems like. Try grab newer drivers?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #979 on: November 26, 2009, 06:20:49 am »

Should I just try to get a new "nvoglv32.dll"?

Cause I got the latest Nvidia drivers last night.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 26, 2009, 07:11:06 am »

It's part of the drivers, getting that file on its own would be very bad.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #981 on: November 26, 2009, 07:15:58 am »

Saweet I figured it out, don't know how it works with Radeon, but for Nvidia, if you bring up the control panel, setting most everything to Nvidia Manage 3D settings from the left bar to what Nvidia suggests, made it work, Vsync being forced off might be the thing that got it to work! I'll see if I can replicate the problem change certain settings.

:::EDIT:::

BAHAHAHAHA Figured it out, it's that friggen "Extension Limit" make sure this is set to off.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 07:18:38 am by Shaostoul »

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 26, 2009, 07:53:28 am »

...hum...twenty minutes of looking through stuff...and I cant find "Extension Limit" for my computer anywhere...damn radeon and catalyst are confusing...
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Nintenlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Adamantine fever
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 26, 2009, 08:13:14 am »

This is where I found "Extension Limit" setting:
Control Panel -> NVIDIA Control Panel -> 3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings
The only dragon I've seen in game walked into my rats nest of a fortress and died in the flames of the conflagration he started in the dining hall.  Of course, nearly every dwarf was dead by then, but we consider it a tactical victory.

Nexii Malthus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 26, 2009, 09:03:45 am »

For my Radeon X850, I had to hack my driver installation. Turns out that ATI had fucked up the OpenGL implementation (to put it nicely). So I created a mish-mash of the latest drivers, with the working OpenGL implementation of 2007. VBOs work for me now, along with many games that used to be broken for me.

For the latest drivers I also had to bypass the errors regarding incompability and that my card was out of support, just a load of BS.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #985 on: November 26, 2009, 08:29:48 pm »

I have no idea where it'd be for Radeon, never have, may never use them. So I guess you gotta find it...

@Nintenlord: Thanks for being specific, it was really late for me and I was really out of it, so yeah, thanks again!

Good to hear of your success Nexii!

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 27, 2009, 07:37:13 pm »

Screenshot, yay:

The latest construction at Dippedsabres, a young outpost built in the name of the king queen.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #987 on: November 27, 2009, 09:58:36 pm »

Interesting structure Manifold, any particular reason you gave it a roof? What's the plan for it?

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 27, 2009, 10:55:52 pm »

Well, I might add on to it later once I get more dwarfpower, so I'm keeping it like that. The original plan was to have a tower so I could shove the peasants in once the invaders come (playing with Relentless Assault, already had some frogmen attack in summer year one) but now I'm going to make it a large castle, complete with hovels and stuff outside. I may have to post more pics later.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #989 on: November 28, 2009, 01:17:03 am »

Cool, I'm running the relentless assault as well, on year 3 and no enemies yet, double checked to make sure it's installed and I have access to bad guys and I do... -shrugs-

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 90