Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 90

Author Topic: Visual Fortress: another 3D visualisation app  (Read 325673 times)

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
Re: Visual Fortress: another 3D visualisation app
« Reply #960 on: November 23, 2009, 01:19:04 am »

link it...because you shouldn't have a problem...
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #961 on: November 23, 2009, 01:21:01 am »

I just loaded a 2x2 map and a 3x3 map and a 4x4 none of which work. It's like the map is loaded cause I can mess with the bar, but after a bit or certain toolbar changes it just freezes and nothing happens.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #962 on: November 23, 2009, 01:30:38 am »

I just installed vanilla DF and tried that way. I tried a new install of the program. Neither worked. Just a blank screen as I said... I load a pic to show what it is I get and the log file...

Edit:::::::::::::::::::

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's it...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 01:39:26 am by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 23, 2009, 01:43:14 am »

Have you ever had the program work before and this a recent problem, or did you just start using the program and doesn't work from the start?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #964 on: November 23, 2009, 01:48:27 am »

Doesn't work period.

Do you know how to get 3D Dwarf to work for 40d16? Something is better than nothing...

:::::::::::EDIT::::::::::::

Okay, so I just tried new everything, made 100 percent sure I had new drivers, turned off all settings for the program, some on and some off, all on, new install of DF, new install of program.. I'm absolutely stumped, I'll try fiddling with graphics card settings, but I doubt that'll help.

Well, since the update of drivers and reinstall, it doesn't even get past the load and go to blank screen... it loads and then crashes immediately.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:58:21 am by Shaostoul »

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 23, 2009, 02:55:10 am »

Just give up...its not worth all that trouble...its just a 3d picture of your fort...

Jeeze.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #966 on: November 23, 2009, 03:01:37 am »

It matters cause it's a problem and it's something to figure out. Also, it helps planning of the fortress some what... so meh.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 23, 2009, 08:24:14 am »

Baboonanza said he was going to release a new version with loads of bugfixes among other stuff soon, maybe this week even though its Thanksgiving.

So you'll have to see if its going to work with the newer version.

Mordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mordae
« Reply #968 on: November 23, 2009, 10:36:02 am »

I'm actually having the same exact problem as Shaostoul.
It's pretty weird.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #969 on: November 23, 2009, 02:13:39 pm »

Makes me happy that I'm not the only one experiencing the issue, that way I know I didn't get a retard version of vista... cause we all know vista is already retarded.

Mordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mordae
« Reply #970 on: November 23, 2009, 02:26:05 pm »

And I'm using XP.

EDIT: Also, It worked before, but recently just stopped working.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:34:09 pm by Mordae »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #971 on: November 23, 2009, 02:57:19 pm »

Does it just crash when it dumps the map info like mine? At least you had it work before! =-P and you're running XP... less problems there.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 24, 2009, 12:08:37 am »

I've gotten that a couple times, move the mouse around a few times and then move the camera with the wasd and then move the mouse again. then cycle through the preset cameras. thats whats worked for me.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #973 on: November 24, 2009, 12:16:28 am »

It'd help if I could get to the point of getting the chance to play with the toolbar any more. The last thing I see is "Creating Geometry" then I get the windows crash popup for the program and it closes.

Mordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mordae
« Reply #974 on: November 24, 2009, 03:33:52 pm »

It dumps it and I get the gray screen.
Thanks for the advice Bloogonis, but it didn't work. Did it for 10 minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 90