Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: boring, boring, boring, BORING!  (Read 7870 times)

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: boring, boring, boring, BORING!
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2009, 12:44:22 am »

Thanks for the help guys, boredoms alleviated...

for now...
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2009, 01:55:36 am »

There are heap of free games out there you can play.

I'm currently playing games from Nifflas Games.

Or maybe Karoshi where the whole point is to kill yourself.

And as been meantioned Cave Story which I just finished myself. Very fun.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2009, 03:36:01 am »

Learn something. Like a programming language. Or little bits of a foreign language. Or a musical instrument/singing. Or a martial art. You'll be grateful you did when you're older and want something to brag about.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2009, 07:05:51 am »

Learn to play Bass guitar.
Not enough people appreciate bassists.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2009, 11:57:12 pm »

Hey guys....

Guess what...

Yep, bored again...
Figured i'd just bump this back up rather than start a new thread, any whoo...

i managed to entertain myself for a little while but then it got dull, i've beaten cave story on hell difficulty, downloaded a buggy as hell game on steam, beaten morrowind, and blah blah blah... any suggestions? good webcomics, good games?
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2009, 11:59:50 pm »

the onimusha games are pretty awesome.

hmm... cracked.com?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2009, 04:02:34 am »

Cracked.com kept me interested for quite a bit, but now after reading for five hours it's gotten stale...

Onimusha.... doesn't really seem all that interesting to me, plus I doubt I would be able to obtain it anywhere nearby without use of Ebay.
— Commander Fleyitch

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2009, 04:34:43 am »

If you haven't already, download some of the better and more detailed mods for mount&blade. Age of Blackpowder, Star Wars, the viking one, etc. If you haven't played one of the really good gun mods you're missing out.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2009, 04:44:56 am »

I've enjoyed Mount&Blade alot as i've played through, but after hitting level 40, having all the best gear, and a numberless amout of huskarls at my disposal, all the mods seem lack luster. One of my least favorite being Eagle and the Radiant cross where sieges are IMPOSSIBLE without hundreds of troops to sacrifice just to get to the walls...

Mainly, I'm waiting for Ak Ela to come out. And i hope the pictures on the main page Aren't at maximum settings otherwise this mod looks like it has terrible textures..

But other than that, All the mods i'm interested in are still in development, or are being ported to 1.010/1.011
— Commander Fleyitch

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2009, 04:46:39 am »

for the last few days and i'm getting annoyed with the stupid AI of strategy games, regardless of difficulty...
You're doing it wrong. Get Starcraft (it's like 14$), go to Battle.net and enjoy having your ass kicked repeatedly. When you do start to win now and then, it'll be awesome, you'll see.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2009, 04:49:00 am »

Can't really play anything online right now beacause of this crap internet i'm stuck with, always giving me 900MS on EVERYTHING, if it wasn't like that i'd be playing Warcraft 3 TFT right now

Edit: I just remembered that the game i got (Dark Messiah of Might and Magic) has a very annoying problem, And after researching it it seems a patched was supposed to fix it, but it didn't... It's the problem where when your playing anytime you run into an enemy the FPS has a Giant drop (from around 60 to about 3-5) and stays there. Does anyone know how to fix this?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 05:48:39 am by kalida99 »
— Commander Fleyitch

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2009, 06:15:19 am »

I played Starcraft on 128k WLAN, and it went fine 1v1. I doubt your internet is worse than that.

Oh, have you tried [url = www.wesnoth.org]Battle for Wesnoth[/url] yet? Free TBS, great campaigns, multiplayer that works on crappy connection.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2009, 06:36:11 am »

Did you completely ignore my suggestion of Cave Story?

Also, there is near infinite good webcomics around, you need to specify what kind of webcomic you like. daily updates or artsy ones monthly? deep moving story or daily gags? fantasy or scifi?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2009, 06:39:16 am »

Did you completely ignore my suggestion of Cave Story?

Nope, he didn't.

...i've beaten cave story on hell difficulty...
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2009, 06:44:33 am »

Sluggy Freelance, Real Life, PVP, 8-bit Theatre, if you are looking for web comics with quite a big back catalogue. If you only read one, then I'd pick Sluggy.

kongregate.com and armorgames.com for lots of small (or sometimes large flash games.) Going through that back catalogue should take you a while (and also includes some pretty fun titles. Go Desktop Tower Defence!)
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8