Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: boring, boring, boring, BORING!  (Read 7851 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: boring, boring, boring, BORING!
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2009, 11:14:17 am »

Get RPG Maker 2000 or something. It's pretty fun to make your own games. Maybe even search for some to play yourself?

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2009, 11:30:50 am »

Have you tried Improbable Island?
It's absolutely hilarious. My character (a Midget) is currently wearing a chainmail vest, gardening gloves, pink cotton socks, and a goldfish bowl (as a helmet of course). I'm wielding a chainsaw, and I ride a partially-decomposed zombie donkey into battle. Obviously, don't join if you want a game that makes sense.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2009, 11:37:50 am »

I don't make my own stuff because i always start with ambition, and end with boredom...

NEVER! Mention Dragon Riders of Pern, my friend has all the books and never shuts up about it.

I HATE mystery books, and pretty much anything without humor/romance/action (usually only read a book with all three), I only feel a bit like reading so don't mention huge books, or large book series...

Depends on what *WTF* level it's on, while that does sound funny, i won't be able to download, or play anything online until Empire: TW finished it's download (two, three days).

And don't forget about Mods for the games i have listed, while it'll be awhile till i can download them it would be nice to have a list.
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2009, 11:42:48 am »

Improbable island isn't a download, it's all in your browser.

Sooooowwwwyyy about that other thing I mentioned. ::)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2009, 11:46:59 am »

Well, there's the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, Anathem, by Neal Stephenson, Animal farm and 1984 by George Orwell, An absolutely massive amount of books by Issac Asimov, The Destination: Void series by Frank Herbert, Ender's game, The Beast that screamed love at the heart of the world by Harlan Ellison, If on a winters night a traveler by Italo Calvio (will mess with head) House of leaves and of course the works of H. P. Lovecraft.

Your taste in books is excellent, sir!  Kalida, do as he says and your boredom shall be alleviated.  Start with Ender's Game.

If I may, I would also throw in:
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (my most favoritest book ever)
anything by Haruki Murakami, especially "Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World"
"The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm" by Nancy Farmer
Syrup, Company, and Jennifer Government, all by Max Barry

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2009, 11:48:31 am »

It's still "Online" isn't it? plus, i've excedded my DL limit, so it takes me 5 minutes to open one page.

And i have no idea "About the other thing" you mentioned, becasue i can't remember and i'm lazy...  :P

Jeebus! soo... many... words... books.... noooooooo....
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2009, 12:07:18 pm »

Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2009, 12:11:54 pm »

Seen em' all (as well as practically everything else on stickpage)

Alright, something other than books, I'm starting to get a headache, and starting to see stuff again...
— Commander Fleyitch

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2009, 12:50:15 pm »

watch ghostbusters.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2009, 10:25:43 am »

As for mods
The stainless steel mod is great for medieval total war

The Darthmod is great for rome total war

And maybe the orc mod for df
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2009, 10:50:19 am »

If you've been reading through Cracked.com it's possible you've seen this already, but maybe not: 7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable.  Have a read through that, then try your very hardest to look away from the screen and go out into the world of real people and sunlight!  I guarantee 100% that you will start feeling better if you do this on a regular basis.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2009, 11:03:40 am »

I got bored 5 minutes in, i'm not depressed, just bored as HELL! I hate texting, plenty o' friends, I have enough annoyances as is from friends, all this made me think is, "god my head hurts" and "Dang... schools coming up soon".
— Commander Fleyitch

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2009, 11:44:11 am »

GO OUTSIDE! Electronics are not the only form of entertainment. Plus the graphics are nice out there. But seriously, go fishing or something. It makes me sad when I see people who spend all of their time indoors. :(
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Buddybud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2009, 11:45:21 am »

quit playing and learn how to create things. With that spark you can start endless firess....just avoid the booze room!

look into 3d modeling or programing. Both are endless in application and offer an actual future if you're talented enough. I find 3d modeling more enjoyable then playing games for the most part.

good luck

edit
also what Labs said.....there's a whole world out there beyond your walls.  :o
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:47:09 am by Buddybud »

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2009, 11:58:30 am »

I HATE OUTSIDE!

End, stop mentioning it.

The reason i don't create is becasue NOTHING inspires me, if nothing inspires me i get bored and do something else.

also:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
— Commander Fleyitch
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8