Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 136

Author Topic: Things that made you angry today thread.  (Read 97194 times)

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you angry today thread.
« Reply #285 on: August 01, 2009, 08:17:09 pm »

Yanlin did make a lot of inflammatory posts, and as this forum really does play a major role in whether Toady eats this month or not(do people realize this?), it's probably for the best. Even a temporary ban that helped to cool him down.

Actually the fact that a lot of people seem to disregard that Toady needs us to behave or he doesn't get as much money MAKES ME RAEG

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2009, 08:19:06 pm »

What? Yanlin's banned? How? Where?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2009, 08:22:58 pm »

Heart issues topic.

Anyway, on topic I am RRAAEEGGING because we hav been at the library three hours and with no clue what we actually are looking for!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2009, 08:36:38 pm »

Oh my god. I just read that thread. If I had more money I would be donating it to Toady.

For those joining late, the relevant posts have already been deleted.

Anyway, if discussions about violence spawned in random threads and destroyed them, we'd have an issue there too.  Violence is worse than sex in an absolute way, obviously, but when it comes to a lack of self-control in discussions, sex is the clear winner.  This isn't the first time Yanlin or Sofia have attempted to derail a thread with behavior like this.  And additionally I'll point out that the thread wasn't locked, which means that Threetoe didn't think the thread was derailed.  He just removed some rule-violating posts that were having a few ripples.  Anyway, the thread's derailed now since it seems some people, including the OP, disagree with this decision.

The reason sex discussions are banned and discussions about violence aren't is because some of you can't handle them.  A single off-topic mention is likely though not guaranteed to sink a thread.  The rule was only created after numerous derails, not because we woke up one day and discovered morality.  I don't think all discussions of a sexual nature would be banned in general if the community were up to handling them -- now, certainly, given the age of many of the forum members and general standards in my country, allowing sexual roleplaying or other such explicit discussions wouldn't work out.  Whether or not that's something we should be doing is irrelevant though, because a segment of our community is not up to the point of having a conversation in a thread of that kind, and in fact couldn't keep it contained in such a thread in any case.  The Various Nonsense forum proved that topicless joke threads, which is essentially what these would be, are not healthy for the forum.

In addition, this shit loses me money, if you want to get down to it, because many people don't want to be dragged back to junior high school, especially if they start a topic and somebody comes in and knowingly screws it up.

If you want to say I'm a typical American because I don't think several grade school posts about ass sex belong in a thread about symbolism of the word heart, and you disagree with the reasoning above, that's fine, but I don't think I'm going to change the rules, especially after seeing some of the responses here.

In particular, Armok, if you want to paint my brother as a stick-up-the-ass American prude without trying to have a discussion about what is obviously a defensible position independent of our own morality, you should recognize that you're the one having a knee-jerk reaction.

Yanlin, this isn't a tragic moment in the violence vs. sex debate.  You're just a juvenile dipshit who can't control himself.  You've been warned 11 times.  Somehow, you've been cut more slack than anybody else, but I'm through with letting you waste my time.  You're gone.

Here it is. The last paragraph made me laugh. So true.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2009, 08:39:20 pm »

Well, goodbye. Anyway, I rage at toilets that explode when you sit on them. RAEG.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2009, 08:40:43 pm »

I'm raging at how many times I get stuck in Ace Attorney and how many times I get unstuck again and again!!

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 01, 2009, 08:47:11 pm »

BUT HEY, I MAKE FLAMMING FABULOUS POSTS ABOUT RANDOM RELIGIONS AND I DIDN'T EVEN GET A WARNING.

Anyway, s'okay, toady has enough problems facing a hot biome already, enough pushing the flame button.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 01, 2009, 08:53:15 pm »

Oh my god. I just read that thread. If I had more money I would be donating it to Toady.

[Block of text from Toady here]

Here it is. The last paragraph made me laugh. So true.

Thanks for the repost. I had forgotten about that thread (I think I'm abandoning the idea of calling them topics, since they go off-topic so much) having some controversial shit in it.

I'M RAGING BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T SEEM TO REALIZE THAT THIS IS THE ADAMS' BOARD; WE'RE JUST HERE FOR THE FISH ALONG FOR THE AMAZING RIDE.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 01, 2009, 08:54:44 pm »

[stuff about other stuff]
I'M RAGING BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T SEEM TO REALIZE THAT THIS IS THE ADAMS' BOARD; WE'RE JUST HERE FOR THE FISH ALONG FOR THE AMAZING RIDE.
YES THAT IS RIGHT

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 01, 2009, 09:24:38 pm »

THANK GOD... Found out the book Milly was looking for was Childhoods End, now we just need to find it before the librarian kicks us out again.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2009, 09:26:04 pm »

YES THAT IS RIGHT
JUST BECAUSE THEY OWN THE BOARD DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO HATE THEIR ACTIONS.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2009, 09:27:31 pm »

YES THAT IS RIGHT
JUST BECAUSE THEY OWN THE BOARD DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO HATE THEIR ACTIONS.
THEN LEAVE

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2009, 09:27:45 pm »

YES THAT IS RIGHT
RAEGING AT ABOVE QUOTE.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2009, 09:48:34 pm »

YES THAT IS RIGHT
THEN LEAVE
I HATE IT WHEN  PEOPLE ARGUE SOMETHING AND THEN SOMEONE COMES ALONG AND SAYS "LEAVE"

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2009, 09:55:33 pm »

OHH THE DRAMA... Come on guys, cut it out.

Oh shit! Librarian incoming!

Edit: Uhh... Sof is being chased around by a librarian brandishing a phone... I wish I brought my camera... This is hillarious!! XD
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 10:01:32 pm by Sofia »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 136