Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods VI OOC Thread -preparation-  (Read 13991 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods VI OOC Thread -preparation-
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2009, 12:34:32 pm »

Finally.
This description is not complete, but it's probably as close as it will get before the game starts, but it shuld be good enough for now. I repeat, this is a preliminary semi-done description and it is incomplete, and contains errors and lacks good formatting, this will be fixed at some date after the game has started due to time constraints.

Spoiler: The Scana (click to show/hide)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2009, 05:40:58 pm »

I'm going to join with the race I intended to play Age of Restoration with, but was too slow to write up:

Spoiler: the Lands (click to show/hide)

Race description: Devils, possessed, Demigods. The Igni have many names, but few know their real nature. To understand the Igni, one has to go back to how it once started, to before there were Igni. The following is the diary of a man named Azer, which most Igni see as their forefather:
Spoiler: Origins (click to show/hide)

The old empire refered to in these scriptures is probably a large empire that stretched from the centre of the Sandrider lands all the way up to the northeren edges of the Zefy confederacy. It must have been one of the most important empires of it's time, but all that remains of it are some small ruins in the central area's.

Not much is known about the time directly after the first ritual, since Azer's diary of that time has been lost when the previous capital, Unita, was destroyed. What is known is the following:

Spoiler: Igni Society (click to show/hide)

I will take the form of Zeri. As such, the Igni see me as the ambasador of fate, heralding great changes to come. My word is like an orcale, guiding their path and my sings are seen as a sing of the future. However, interpretations of my will vary and what is seen by one as a blessing of Zeri is a curse to someone else.

Heroes:
Spoiler: elder Pratres (click to show/hide)

This also partialy explains the small size of their empire, wich only consists of Arrisa Deï and several small villages, of which the population is mainly human.
Spoiler: Arrisa Deï (click to show/hide)

Unlike most races, the Igni are young. Very young. The ritual was conducted only a few generations before the return of the Gods. As such, their civilisation's quite small and they do not have a pool of artifacts to tap into. That is, on this plane. Because some of the most powerfull items created by the Daemons were banished alongside them. These objects, like their creaters, no longer have physical form, but they can be made manifest into our world for a short time, preforming some of the most astonishing feats imaginable.

Spoiler: The Daehammer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Night Lance (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tremmor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Library (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Igni Magic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Igni Army (click to show/hide)

I hope I've got everything covered now.

Edit:
Techs!
Spoiler: Igni technology (click to show/hide)

And Racial relations!
Spoiler: Racial Relations (click to show/hide)

Another update!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 05:13:02 pm by Virex »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2009, 06:03:50 pm »

Christ, looks like it. You sure you don't have more to add? I'm sure we can shove a few more blocks of text in.

I kid, I kid. You sir, have made one nice application. Which I don't have time to entirely read right now.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2009, 04:20:27 am »

What happen to the ruins? Did you decide against them?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2009, 04:27:51 am »

player races override an adventurers claim for their private castles

btw. though the sizes of tles are abstract, keep in mind that a single tile is big enough to hold a gigantic metropolis with several million inhabitants

a fortress that spans over two tiles would take about a month to walk through from beginning to end.

in other words, you miiight want to overthink this a little
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2009, 04:48:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Please put them in the area indicated by the orange glow. King's Keep should be on mountains and the Citadel should be on plains.
a fortress that spans over two tiles would take about a month to walk through from beginning to end.
Ok. One tile it is.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2009, 07:30:00 am »

Christ, looks like it. You sure you don't have more to add? I'm sure we can shove a few more blocks of text in.

I kid, I kid. You sir, have made one nice application. Which I don't have time to entirely read right now.

I did find some notes I forgot, some of which are quite neccesary to characterise the Igni. So there are a few new paragraphs up ;)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2009, 02:31:13 am »

Wow, thats... ALOT of races. Seems like the world is full. Although we could cram in a few more if need be, i guess.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2009, 02:41:07 am »

King's Keep is important to what I'm planning for Basalem, but only for backstory, after which I will not be using it at all. Will you allow it? If you will, it's the gray Q here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My full sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2009, 03:54:17 am »

I will add it to the map
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2009, 03:55:35 am »

Thank you.
My full sig

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2009, 03:57:10 am »

People should come on IRC more : (

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2009, 12:41:26 am »

Set my rp up so that the sandriders could easily find me, was hoping to get this worked out through pms with wimdit but haven't gotten a response from wimdit in awhile
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2009, 12:55:54 am »

I'm posting Set Two tomorrow. Sleep now.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2009, 05:16:50 am »

Archangel, you might want to reconsider suddenly jumping 10 tiles

not only are you crossing ocean tiles on foot, but also glacier tiles and desert

all of those usually slow you down, instead of doubling your speed.

"he is not really slowed down", my ass

ever crossed a desert ?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10