Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods VI OOC Thread -preparation-  (Read 13982 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods VI OOC Thread -preparation-
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2009, 07:04:36 pm »

Okay, Istrian has muted the channel to shut up Armok. SInce neither he or EJ are active, I'm not sure what to do.
Wait, what?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2009, 03:35:53 am »

Spoiler: Starting position (click to show/hide)
Fixed the positions.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 04:17:24 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2009, 04:05:46 am »

heroes have no cities, at least not in plural

if your heroes backstory is that he is wandering the world, it would be unlikely that he has a fortress of his own
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2009, 04:11:24 am »

As I said, Basalem comes from a long gone civilization. He might gather an army and conquer people, but it's unlikely. The cities I put on the map are ruins with no one in them.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2009, 04:13:05 am »

well, it would be nice if you used the updated map (in the first post of the topic)
your claism override strife
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2009, 05:00:21 am »

I'm scrapping the previous idea. It'd be cool if I could get it done, but it wasn't a great idea to begin with.

Application: Gaweir Orsidious

Deity: Agnostic.

Race: Human

Civilization: Comes from a shire northeast of borderlands claimed by The Zefie Confederacy, over the mountain range. Government was organized by the elders of the area, and most defense was carried out by militia-like groups, which were really just peasantry banding together to shoo away monsters who frequently traipsed around the animal pens at night. They built their homes into a secure little known valley where most of the residents could be walled off with palisades, to prevent brigands and creatures of the night alike from sneaking in and killing people in their sleep. Most of their wealth comes from exporting their flexibility in light cavalry as mercenaries, and from their small apple orchards. Life in the valley is boring, which is obviously the reason why Gaweir left, for a bit of adventuring, and a bit of map making. Ex-Mercenary light cavalryman.

Artifacts: If they could be counted artifacts, which is doubtful, it would be his father's sword, a well maintained basket hilted backsword, well suited to his style of combat. That being horse riding, an animal they had many of. Its the only piece of equipment he owns, and he has alot from his old line of work, that he actually gives any serious thought of, it saving his skin on more than one occasion.

Heroes: (Irrelevant)

History: He served for eight years of routine patrolling for the village, just like his father, early in his life, when a pack of wolves had surrounded the both of them. They were dismounted when the their mounts got scared off, his father breaking his neck on a rock. He barely made it out of the mess when another patrol rode in an cut down the remaining wolves, but not before he could obtain a multitude of wounds. He lived, but it was a few years before he decided to give the danger of fighting a chance again, to which he was offered a job in a company leaving the village to work as a much needed horseman for the local Zefie Confederacy. The Zefies didn't make good cavalry, so their service was much welcome when possible, but after a nasty storm he got cut off from his company, his village, everyone, and had decided to just keep going where his horse, 'Loyd', would take him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2009, 05:06:13 am »

Symbol: W?

Starting position: Hm...just north of the Confederacy in that neutral territory? Below the river, not above it.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2009, 05:31:31 am »

The newest and most complete map, posted at the top of the topic for your convenience

0    0    1    1    2     2    3
   0    5    0    5    0     5    0
   --------------------------------
00|⌂▲▲▲⌂●●●●●█████●≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  |≈▲^▲⌂⌂⌂●●●●●●●●≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  |⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂T≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣♣H♣♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈
  |⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣♣♣♣⌂⌂⌂♣♣♣♣♣≈≈
  |≈.≈..≈T≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣♣♣♣⌂⌂^⌂H♣♣♣♣♣
05|≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣┌
  |≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈──────○▲▲⌂⌂♣♣┌┘
  |≈≈≈≈...≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈♣♣♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂♣┌┘.≈
  |≈≈┐..⌂⌂R≈|..≈≈≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲○───┘...
  |♣.|.⌂⌂▲⌂♣|...≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂.....♣
10|♣|⌂⌂▲⌂⌂♣|..R≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲^▲⌂⌂....♣♣
  |♣♣R⌂▲○───┘...≈...♣♣¥⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂..♣♣♣♣
  |♣♣⌂▲⌂⌂R♣....≈≈..♣♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣♣
  |.⌂⌂▲⌂.♣.....≈≈≈┐.♣♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂..*♣♣
  |⌂⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣♣♣.T≈≈≈¥└─────¥▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣♣
15|⌂▲▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣♣≈≈T≈.......⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂..*♣♣
  |⌂▲^▲⌂♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈.......⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂.┌──
  |⌂▲▲▲⌂♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈¥.....⌂^▲⌂○──┘*.
  |≈⌂▲▲⌂♣♣♣⌠⌠≈≈T≈≈≈≈.....⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂....
  |≈⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣⌠⌠|⌠≈≈≈≈≈⌠⌠⌠┌──○▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣♣♣
20|⌂⌂▲⌂⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌠≈≈≈⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂.♣♣♣♣
  |▲▲○─┐┌─┐⌠|⌠└─┬─────┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂..♣♣♣♣
  |⌂⌂⌂~└┘~└─┘~~.|⌠⌠⌠⌠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂~~~~~~~
  |~~~~S~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠⌠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂~~~~~*
  |~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠┌─○▲▲⌂⌂~~~~~
25|~~~~S~~~~≈≈≈≈≈♫≈≈≈─┬┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈♠|⌂⌂▲▲▲~~Ψ~~
  |~~~~┌─S≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈██|⌂⌂▲^▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~|~~~~███≈≈≈≈█♫●|⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |⌂⌂⌂~|~~~~●♫█≈≈≈≈██●└──○▲▲⌂⌂Ψ~~~~
30|○───┘~~~~●●~♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂~~~~

what neutral terriotry ?

please guys, check the map

it is not that hard

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2009, 05:36:46 am »

Blah.

FINE. SMACK DAB ON THE BORDER OF THE CONFEDERACY.

Also, I have no idea how to navigate that map and add anything to it without screwing it up. Bah.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2009, 05:54:51 am »

I corrected the positions of the things I added. Are you going to include them on the version you've got?
My full sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2009, 06:03:15 am »

|♣.|.⌂⌂▲⌂♣|...≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲W⌂.....♣
  |≈⌂▲▲⌂♣♣♣⌠⌠≈≈T≈≈≈≈.....⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂....
20|⌂⌂▲⌂⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌠≈≈≈⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌂⌂▲Q⌂⌂⌂.♣♣♣♣
  |▲▲○─┐┌─┐⌠|⌠└─┬─────┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂QQ♣♣♣♣
30|○───┘~~~~●●~♠q♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂~~~~

added archangel and (presumably) workerdrone

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2009, 08:58:24 am »

|≈⌂▲▲⌂♣♣♣⌠C≈≈T≈≈≈≈.....⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂....
  |▲▲○─┐┌─┐⌠|⌠C─┬─────┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂QQ♣♣♣♣

Added Armoks cities.

Atlas

• Bay Watcher
  • Supertitanly Tough
    • View Profile
    • Rideo- Latin For Lol
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2009, 03:13:50 pm »

00|⌂▲▲▲⌂●●●●●█████●≈≈≈≈≈≈≈¤≈≈$≈≈¤≈≈
  |≈⌂▲▲⌂♣♣♣⌠C≈≈T≈≈≈≈.....⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂....
  |▲▲○─┐┌─┐⌠|⌠C─┬─────┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂QQ♣♣♣♣

If I would be allowed to join, I would like to create a mechanical race, floating on cityShips in the north edge of the map.

The Symbols:
The "$" symbol is for mature cityShips, and the "¤" symbol is for immature cityShips, and any smaller armies.

The Deity:
The "Deity" of my civilization is a fully intelligent "brain" of a computer, in the derelict spaceship that they have at the core of their main cityShip. This computer has psychic powers, but has a limited range, so can only use them in close range. It CAN give orders to any of its machines from anywhere on the map, though. It goes by the name "The Worshiped".

The Race:
A race of humanoid machines, "The Worshipers" are about 5 feet tall, with a slight hunch, and menace with many external gears of brass. They move at about the same speed as a dwarf, but never have to eat, drink, or sleep. Many of the worshipers are customized for their own purpose. Some are watertight to walk and work on the ocean floor, some have tools instead of hands, some are lighter and fly between ships with jetpacks, etc...  Most of these customizations can be done on the fly by another machine, but some of the more drastic ones require a cityShip or other factory to do. They are solar powered, and so are dormant at night if not receiving external power from a ship.

The History:
The Worshipers have been on the planet for much less time than the other races, and even though they have observed them all, they have had little want to interact with them. They trade whenever ships from other races enter their territory, but end up scaring away them with their massive ships, weapons, and outward military appearance. Sailors return to their own countries with cargos full of strange goods, and stories of Harpies, Sirens, Sea Monsters, and Giant whales covered with barnacles the size of houses.

The Technology:
Because of being machines themselves, they have good understanding of mechanics, and have the most powerful machines in the world. All of their ships are decked out in cannons of massive sizes(Though, they've never had to use it against sentients), and they have small firearms built into their hands. They have computing devices, but all of them but the worShiped are analogue machines, and take up huge spaces in their ships. Expeditionary bands generally consist of a main computer(Generally in a ship, but can be on wheels or legs for land), which relays orders quicker from the Worshiped to the worshipers. They have small armadas of lighter-than-air-ships, which they use for carrying resouces and worshipers from ship to ship, as well as for scouting missions.

The civ:
Obsessed about geology, but disliking to interfere with the native populations of the planet, they have mapped the ocean floor, and have better topological maps of the mountains surrounding it than even the civilizations living there. They dig huge undersea caverns underneath their home ships, in part gathering resources to build themselves, and in part admiring the geological patterns they find there. They are quite militaristic in the sense that every machine has a military purpose, but they have no will, nor want to fight.

The Cities:
They have only 3 ships large enough to be called cityShips.

The first, at the center of their domain, the main ship, is called "The Temple" and contains The Worshiped. It is anchored to the largest undersea mine they have, and never moves.

The second, at the far left is the first of the built cityShips. It has the most weapons of all of the ships, and is the most mobile. Its mining apparatus is built to allow it to stop and gather resources anywhere, but pack up quickly to move again. It is dubbed "The Traveler" by the worshiped, for obvious reasons.

The third of the ships, far to the right, is "The Library". This ship houses the largest built computer by the worshipers, and is the most efficient factory. Its mines are weak, but slow to set in place or pick back up. This ship contains the only biological entities in all of the worshipers territory. They have trees growing on all of the outer decks, and zoos carrying many captured animals of the world. They have a few sentient in stone-age states, so that they might observe and learn about the sentient, without having to fear escape.

The Artifacts: In an attempt to mess with local magic, they have created a unique device. With a mix of technology and magic, they have a large teleportation gate in The Library. They need to have beacons on the other side to jump to, they rarely teleport units to anything other than The Temple and The Traveler.

~~
I hope this is enough information, and if i cant get into this game, I would be happy to join the next game when it becomes available.
Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2009, 08:14:53 am »

Notice:

Welcome to busyville.
Inhabitants: Akroma

the game won't start today, that's for sure.
probably tomorrow

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2009, 08:31:35 am »

Akroma, I doubt it will start by next week, what with Naze finding his way to the chat, and looking interested in joining.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10