Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476312 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3960 on: April 06, 2011, 10:06:29 pm »

I'm sure this is all just a big April Fool's joke. That or the admins genuinely hate the playerbase now. I'm only saying this because things can't go to hell in a handbasket this quickly. They just banned alts right after adding the command to register them. There's no way they're serious about this.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

plisken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: April 07, 2011, 12:03:51 am »

I'm probably being overly optimistic, but I don't think it will stick...... I hope

A good portion of the old hands have dropped out with promises to not return until a revert as such, but there is still like 94 people connected, so it's anyones guess.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: April 07, 2011, 02:39:37 am »

Suicide just got scrambled.

Seems like new grief is spam ratso for packages to keep anyone from doing them.

Just got the daily xp. 500 and a clone update at 3:30 AM EST. So free updates are good.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: April 07, 2011, 03:08:29 am »

Suicide just got scrambled.

Seems like new grief is spam ratso for packages to keep anyone from doing them.

Just got the daily xp. 500 and a clone update at 3:30 AM EST. So free updates are good.
I think I got it a couple hours ago, which would be 24 hours after creating my character. Perhaps the daily xp is based as such?

Tivvv

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: April 07, 2011, 05:46:35 am »

There are a few things I can see happening.

1. Most foreseeable future is LOLmoo having lots of ripperscrubs running rampant. Then, Aboms influx.
2. Of course, sexhavers will be rampant too. Nothing to do, and free xp everyday? Go sexhave.
3. Most apparently, LOLmoo will have annual wipes due to newbies reaching 360k xp once they chargen.
4. That said, cocoons are nigh useless. Heh. RIP cocoons.
5. People twinking others, so you have strong characters appearing overnight by feeding them money. Wars will be fought very differently indeed.
6. Weapon class preferences will change too, with the apparent nerfing of the characters and the aforepredicted abom influx. 20 base hp, and currently unknown max hp. It would be easier to oneshot someone with a shiver now I guess.

But meh, it doesn't really matter now does it? :)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: April 07, 2011, 05:52:57 am »

For pvp, guns and ripper will be major soon. One can get easy free 9mm's every reroll, and ammo is fairly cheap and raws aren't too needed. With a bit of cash, you can quickly get enough to use it.

But what's the point?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: April 07, 2011, 11:33:31 am »

But what's the point?
Exactly. What's the point of playing anymore? There aren't any more goals to achieve by playing. The best way to play is to sit out for months and then grind cash. Newbies will be unstoppable killing machines. The entire game has been flipped upside down and the griefers don't have to work at all to do what they do.
So why play at all? I'm boycotting the MOO until they revert.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: April 07, 2011, 11:47:18 am »

R.I.P Hellmoo.

Dead before I learned how to play.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: April 07, 2011, 03:50:50 pm »

I'm laughing my ass off while I play.  They changed zotnet's name to Facebook now.  Hell is dead.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: April 07, 2011, 04:45:29 pm »

I'm just chilling in enema helping people. Seems like the most productive use of hell time. Fortunately I can play gearhead 2 while doing so. Zero Savin's ROCK.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: April 07, 2011, 04:49:59 pm »

I'm just crafting and doing jobs...I don't even have a bench or any recipes yet.  Though, I have figured out how to get xp pretty easily, though it's expensive as hell.  Just use bombs.  Crafter is helpless no more.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: April 07, 2011, 08:05:19 pm »

I'm laughing my ass off while I play.  They changed zotnet's name to Facebook now.  Hell is dead.

That's a pretty clear sign the admins are laughing their asses off reading all the reactions to this right now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: April 07, 2011, 08:45:36 pm »

A bit of googling of the phrases gilmore and wiznet reveals a pastebin of dubious authenticity, since its just a half dozen wiznet lines.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: April 07, 2011, 10:35:13 pm »

So, are the mods on HellMoo just plain asshats or was it a HellMoo April Fools joke?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: April 07, 2011, 10:58:13 pm »

The pastebin in question is Gilmore saying they should block all non-programmer access to HellMOO, to "return to using hellmoo as our chill space and nothing more".
Sorry guys, looks like it's legit.
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 311