Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476299 times)

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3945 on: April 06, 2011, 04:46:47 am »

It's 500 per day.  And since you don't get xp from teach anymore, no one will teach.  Meaning npc teachers.  Meaning my crafting, picking ass is out of luck.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: April 06, 2011, 05:08:09 am »

Mmm. 500 a day. Ten days to first couple mut slots free. A month to 30k xp, three months to 90k. No one will learn teaching, so no player teachers. Crafting is basically impossible to do.

Good news is that certain skills are basically gone. Wrestle will be nigh impossible to learn, so no more headbutters. Pilots are actually gonna be in slight demand, since you have to spend quite a chunk of xp to learn it now, rather then just app planes to 6 raw and be able to fly. Climbing is gonna be an interesting skill, since you need it to get around.

Boats are gonna be a bit more significant, which is extremely funny since the admins outright stated that they aren't gonna work on the ocean for at least a year. Though, damn, there is no real reason to go out on the ocean anymore, since dino's and basilisks only give xp once now. The journals would be nice, get a large group out there and kill em for a couple thousand xp. Though, supply runner and slave driver are good xp.

I don't know. This is effectively a new MOO.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: April 06, 2011, 05:35:28 am »

Whelp, after quickly checking it out, er, not for me.

One bit.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: April 06, 2011, 08:14:54 am »

Well, this all sounds incredibly stupid.  :-\ Who thought all this up anyway?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: April 06, 2011, 08:17:41 am »

Oldmins evidently. There are rumors of wiznet logs that are rather, hmmm, problematic for the rep of certain admins. I haven't seen them left.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: April 06, 2011, 09:42:12 am »

Also guys FYI its 500xp every GAME DAY, not irl day. Hellmoo time is 8x as fast as real time. There are 8 hell days in one day, and a hell month is about every 4-5 days, and a hell year is about 42 days.
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: April 06, 2011, 10:33:40 am »

Well that is rather ridiculous. Everyone will be at ridiculous amount of xp within 3 months. At that level of xp, the tiny amount giving from jobs wont really change up the outcome of fights much.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: April 06, 2011, 10:58:58 am »

No, its irl day. I asked for clarification on this several times and the answer was unanimous.  500 xp per RL day.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Tivvv

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: April 06, 2011, 11:34:24 am »

This is frigging hilarious.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: April 06, 2011, 02:03:36 pm »

I second Tivvv. This is funny as hell. I've already seen like 5 people say they're just gonna stay in enema forever.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: April 06, 2011, 02:26:55 pm »

I'm definitely on board with the 'this is friggin hilarious' boat.
I'm loving how the game is so pointless without grinding and the way it's being reacted to, currently my priorities are fishing and collecting clothes.
I'm also pretty sure that once the humor dies out it will be changed back, but no reason to not enjoy it for however long it lasts.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: April 06, 2011, 02:41:29 pm »

It's not getting changed back.

I'm actually looking ahead, and things look bleak. If you start a new character, brand new, when everyone's at 30k xp baseline, you'll still start with a mere 500 bucks and no access to the cube hotel. I'm sure all the apts will be filled by then, and with no money, you can't learn skills.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: April 06, 2011, 03:10:44 pm »

It's gonna be AbomMoo now.  This system seems tailor made for them.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: April 06, 2011, 03:16:43 pm »

Probably not actually. Its gonna be a while before anyone rolls a good enough picker to get through a VG silver to get freak. Sea lab won't be too hard though.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: April 06, 2011, 03:23:53 pm »

Not really.  Once I learn a few raws in locksmith and get some magspikes I should be able to pick a bronze minimum.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 311