Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476552 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3435 on: October 11, 2010, 03:01:13 pm »

Yeah.  If you're in your apartment and you notice that your lock is getting picked, the best thing to do is actually to log out, counterintuitive as that may seem.

I have a wasteland still, a chemistry set and a cooking stove.  I also have a fridge, but that's not exactly a workbench.

What we (I) really need, of course, is a gol-dang research simulator.  Currently I have no way of getting my science skill up bar going to the Cube, unless Dr. Spengler is willing to teach people who have completed the Ghostbuster job at least once.  What would be really weird is if the git actually taught to people wearing a mad scientist costume...
He still wouldn't teach me after maxing out the Ghostbuster job so I just go a player to teach me, which is obviously better anyway. If you need science taught to 4 when you're ready for that proton pack I can. 

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: October 11, 2010, 03:01:28 pm »

Keep in mind double-door security as well- the front door should just lead to a common room, while our good stuff is behind more doors.  I think advertising we have a plat lock in a public area (this thread) is asking for trouble.  We'd be better off saving up for a diamond unless we are willing to accept the risk (AKA don't put anything there unbolted of high value.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: October 11, 2010, 03:03:58 pm »

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: October 11, 2010, 03:05:55 pm »

Right, I just think having corpclave access, and being assured of an HQ there is more important for the moment, since we won't have anything valuable in there just yet.

Then we can get the diamond.

Also I just chuted Mr.Pants

DICK
I also gave you a white cocoon and $2000.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: October 11, 2010, 03:05:55 pm »

What about having a weak lock to the common room so people think we have no shit and then a, like, diamond to the rest.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: October 11, 2010, 03:11:30 pm »

See, the downside to that is it'll be easy for them to get into the common room. There's no need.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: October 11, 2010, 03:12:27 pm »

It's better to have the hard to pick lock in view of cameras and all.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: October 11, 2010, 03:16:42 pm »

Once I get rid of the newbie tag, and get a bit better, I'll be joining Wombat. :)
Also, I can teach the support skills (medic, repair, teach, craft) all to 1 or 2, so message "Shu" if you need teaching.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: October 11, 2010, 03:20:58 pm »

See, the downside to that is it'll be easy for them to get into the common room.

...and plant land mines.

What would we need to buy a diamond?  What about getting the schematic?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: October 11, 2010, 03:32:51 pm »

Right, I just think having corpclave access, and being assured of an HQ there is more important for the moment, since we won't have anything valuable in there just yet.

Then we can get the diamond.

Also I just chuted Mr.Pants

DICK
I also gave you a white cocoon and $2000.

True.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: October 11, 2010, 03:54:49 pm »

I think a double-door system would be a good idea.  Junior members and possibly even some of the public (should there be a need) would be allowed within the outer chamber, and the more qualified and trusted members would be given access to the rooms within.

As for security, I don't see why having a system like that would be any worse than having our biggest guns be on the outside.  A person who can tackle a diamond-secured corp would be looking for just that, a diamond-secured corp.  If there's a scanlock leading to the street, you think they're going to bother with that small fry?  And for someone who can tackle a scanlock-secured corp, they'd risk CSS stars to get into a room with very little if anything of value, only to find that the inner regions are guarded by a far more fearsome defense system.

I think the biggest boost for getting an HQ set up is just so we'll have a communal point.  Getting into Corpclave really isn't that hard.  By being a W-U employee, you're only locked out during the night, when no one has unlocked the gate from the inside, and when there's nobody walking through it.  And if you don't have a corporate headquarters, most of the places are closed at night except for Brucie's gym (which, come to think of it, is probably the main reason you'd want to get in there in the first place).

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: October 11, 2010, 04:00:16 pm »

My phase spot is in corpclave, for those of you yet to be WU employees. Just ask when I'm on, if I'm not busy.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: October 11, 2010, 04:01:30 pm »

Looks like I'm going to be living with Repulsion.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: October 11, 2010, 04:31:30 pm »

I think a double-door system would be a good idea.  Junior members and possibly even some of the public (should there be a need) would be allowed within the outer chamber, and the more qualified and trusted members would be given access to the rooms within.

As for security, I don't see why having a system like that would be any worse than having our biggest guns be on the outside.  A person who can tackle a diamond-secured corp would be looking for just that, a diamond-secured corp.  If there's a scanlock leading to the street, you think they're going to bother with that small fry?  And for someone who can tackle a scanlock-secured corp, they'd risk CSS stars to get into a room with very little if anything of value, only to find that the inner regions are guarded by a far more fearsome defense system.

I think the biggest boost for getting an HQ set up is just so we'll have a communal point.  Getting into Corpclave really isn't that hard.  By being a W-U employee, you're only locked out during the night, when no one has unlocked the gate from the inside, and when there's nobody walking through it.  And if you don't have a corporate headquarters, most of the places are closed at night except for Brucie's gym (which, come to think of it, is probably the main reason you'd want to get in there in the first place).

The advantage of having your good lock on the outside is the fact that the outside door is nanotube. All the doors inside an HQ are wood/glass, which can be smashed through.

Unless of course you want to all squash into the HQ vault, which also has nanotube, but isnt cam protected, and cant have roomkits installed if i remember rightly.

plisken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: October 11, 2010, 04:51:07 pm »

Wow. Headbutt/hooligan is so overpowered. It's retarded that the check for grab relies on brawn, it should check brawn vs reflex. As it stands, if you're anything but another fistfag with high brawn, you're pretty much screwed.

I'm rerolling and doing a minmax for fistfag. Might even go abom.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 311