Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476548 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #3420 on: October 11, 2010, 01:29:48 pm »

Bradbury usually isn't full, and it's not as bad a place to store stuff as you'd think. Sleep in the Cube Hotel until you can't though.
The xp restriction on the cube hotel was lifted, and if you're storing stuff in your apartment you sure as hell better be logging off on it.

I just have some heavy sentimental stuff, but even if I didn't I'm not a combat character and I don't want to get murdered, have my cocoon deploy and come back to a pillaged everything. Security systems will have to replace my presence unless I end up living in Lurleen or some place remote like that.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: October 11, 2010, 01:32:19 pm »

I think they changed it so that your apartment can't be broken into if you're logged out in it.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: October 11, 2010, 01:34:02 pm »

Hey guys, I used to play this and I want to play again. Are you guys making a corp? Also, Apples what's your name so I can bug you :D
holy crap 10 new replies wtf.
also I'm MrGeoffrey! <3
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: October 11, 2010, 01:38:23 pm »

Alright, I'm talking to Raum right now.

edit: And I'm in the corp. I need to re-roll though, and nobody seems to be willing to hold my stuff while i kill myself. :/

editing the edit: And I'm Mr.Pants.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 01:47:08 pm by rawr359 »
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: October 11, 2010, 01:50:01 pm »

Bradbury usually isn't full, and it's not as bad a place to store stuff as you'd think. Sleep in the Cube Hotel until you can't though.
The xp restriction on the cube hotel was lifted, and if you're storing stuff in your apartment you sure as hell better be logging off on it.

I just have some heavy sentimental stuff, but even if I didn't I'm not a combat character and I don't want to get murdered, have my cocoon deploy and come back to a pillaged everything. Security systems will have to replace my presence unless I end up living in Lurleen or some place remote like that.
If you are logged off in your apartment (and are the only person added on the lock), no one can pick your lock until you've been offline for 60 days.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: October 11, 2010, 01:58:58 pm »

Oh? I didn't know that, thanks for telling me.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: October 11, 2010, 02:24:34 pm »

Yeah.  If you're in your apartment and you notice that your lock is getting picked, the best thing to do is actually to log out, counterintuitive as that may seem.

I have a wasteland still, a chemistry set and a cooking stove.  I also have a fridge, but that's not exactly a workbench.

What we (I) really need, of course, is a gol-dang research simulator.  Currently I have no way of getting my science skill up bar going to the Cube, unless Dr. Spengler is willing to teach people who have completed the Ghostbuster job at least once.  What would be really weird is if the git actually taught to people wearing a mad scientist costume...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: October 11, 2010, 02:27:23 pm »

Seems like the best way to do the cube would be with a partner, so you could fondle to get horny and fuck each other to heal back after the traps.  That'd probably also open up some more ways to update your clone mid-run.

How much do we need for a HQ?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: October 11, 2010, 02:29:09 pm »

How much do we need for a HQ?

A good lock. Diamond i think frog said.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: October 11, 2010, 02:35:14 pm »

A GOOD LOCK ISN'T AN AMOUNTTT.

Also We need about 900K to get a suite with a decent lock, but Raum (?) said that Randall (?) had a plan, and by a plan I mean a Voxguard Diamond , which would save us money but who knows!

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: October 11, 2010, 02:44:45 pm »

Randall has a voxguard platinum. But at the moment we have enough for an HQ, since we don't need to secure it just yet. More important to get one while there's a vacancy...

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: October 11, 2010, 02:48:23 pm »

I re-rolled and tricked an orphan into letting me buttfuck him.

I love this game.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: October 11, 2010, 02:51:21 pm »

Randall has a voxguard platinum. But at the moment we have enough for an HQ, since we don't need to secure it just yet. More important to get one while there's a vacancy...

True that but a platinum would be enough i tink?

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: October 11, 2010, 02:58:10 pm »

Enough to start with, anyways. Better to get the HQ now than wait for a diamond.

Also I just chuted Mr.Pants when he got his stuff back from me, after handing him a cocoon in case he died. Also gave him money since he lost all his on rent during his hiatus.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: October 11, 2010, 02:58:52 pm »

For now, I think a plat would be enough. If we wanted additional security, there are a few measures that can be taken to increase security once in. Plus, its very risky robbing corps in Corpclave, since you get Corpclave stars. There isn't all that much that needs securing, beyond bolting down all the stuff we have.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 311