Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477308 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2385 on: February 11, 2010, 04:57:02 pm »

Yea, I understand. It's a little frustrating, I think the game needs better in game help for dealing with the grind caps. I had to give up on pistols entirely and switch to rifles, I can't find pistols that go past 5 but the ak goes to 6 and the ar goes to 7.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: February 11, 2010, 05:26:10 pm »

oh good god.  I'm just running around freedom city having sex with people and LOVING THIS GAME SO MUCH.  Where can I find the Bay 12 corp? :D
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: February 11, 2010, 05:34:48 pm »

Halp, whenever I try to register I type "request name for email" and it asks me if my email is correct, but before I can answer it says "Process terminated *without* creating a new character.

???

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: February 11, 2010, 06:21:10 pm »

oh good god.  I'm just running around freedom city having sex with people and LOVING THIS GAME SO MUCH.  Where can I find the Bay 12 corp? :D
There isn't one. Find yourself a nice corp and get involved. There are plenty of b12ers around though, several of them major players.

Halp, whenever I try to register I type "request name for email" and it asks me if my email is correct, but before I can answer it says "Process terminated *without* creating a new character.

???
In a text file, do this:
*email*
yes

Cut and paste, then hit enter. It should send them rapid fire. Unless your computer is instantly terminating the connection after you send the email, it should work.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: February 11, 2010, 08:40:03 pm »

Gilmore nerfed Iron Liver. Carp. Elfing carp. Considering that the booze healed only about as much as the nanites without Iron Liver, this kind of sucks. Sigh.  Oh well.

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: February 12, 2010, 01:35:05 am »

Okay, I made an account and got to the museum. I went into the basement and there's an NPC trying to seduce me.

What do?

How do I continue to create my real character?

Edit: Nevermind... I feel dirty  :-[

Double Edit: How do I take an item from a container?

I open the toy chest and see the pistol, but when I say take pistol it says "No pistol here"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:59:21 am by UristMcGunsmith »

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: February 12, 2010, 03:57:23 am »

You're supposed to kill him, and taking things from containers is "get <object name> from <container name>". Usually only the first few letters of the container's name, just enough to distinguish it from any other objects that start similarly. Fewer characters is usually better, just be careful, otherwise you can end up buying the book of PCP laced rolling paper for all your money instead of the normal rolling paper for $8.

Speaking of which, is there any point to PCP? I tried it on one character for the hell of it, and it just seemed to give randomly changing debuffs to all my stats, along with hallucinations of 9mm clips talking to me.

I also haven't been playing recently. At least I know I have enough money to last me several years of rent in Helliday. :/
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: February 12, 2010, 05:53:49 am »

You're supposed to kill him, and taking things from containers is "get <object name> from <container name>". Usually only the first few letters of the container's name, just enough to distinguish it from any other objects that start similarly. Fewer characters is usually better, just be careful, otherwise you can end up buying the book of PCP laced rolling paper for all your money instead of the normal rolling paper for $8.

Speaking of which, is there any point to PCP? I tried it on one character for the hell of it, and it just seemed to give randomly changing debuffs to all my stats, along with hallucinations of 9mm clips talking to me.

I also haven't been playing recently. At least I know I have enough money to last me several years of rent in Helliday. :/

kill or suck him off.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: February 12, 2010, 08:51:25 am »

Yes, I know that you *can* do that. I was saying one *should* just kill him. He's significantly weaker than even orphans, with your bare hands he should die in two or three hits.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: February 12, 2010, 10:56:04 am »

It all depends on how you solve the problem. I play a female character, so I just sucked him off. Then killed him. Then went and explored some more. Then came back and killed him again. Was fun.

I keep forgetting to eat a rad-q pill before hunting ghosts. I need to get the 90k or so to get a full set of bulletproof armor so I can hunt karns. The ak-7 should cut through them like a hot knife through butter. Wishing I had tagged rifles instead of pistols, I still can't find a pistol that goes past 5 raw except the desert eagle, which has no ammo anywhere. Or possibly both, since I've used craft a grand total of once.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: February 12, 2010, 07:22:43 pm »

I just stabbed Ernest to death then pissed on his corpse.  Is it weird that I try and constantly run around with 'horny' status, so if I get hurt I can shag corpses for a health boost?

Edit: I may have also killed someone and stolen their katana, is the aforementioned Wapanese blade better than the chainsaw Eagle (who is lovely) found for me?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 07:26:42 pm by Sithlordz »
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: February 12, 2010, 08:19:15 pm »

Katana beats chainsaw by a little, sort of. It has a higher to hit, and it's faster, but hits for less damage and is only parry class one (but is one handed, leaving the other free for nanites or whatever). A fine katana or lotus nodachi is better still, but will run you... what? Somewhere around 5K to 10K? Blades is fail, anyways. Whips ftw.

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: February 12, 2010, 08:40:49 pm »

Okay, I'm in the world. I'm not naked now. I'm stabbing orphans like it's nobodies business. Where does one acquire a rifle/ammunition?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 03:17:45 am by UristMcGunsmith »

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: February 13, 2010, 04:01:48 am »

Katana beats chainsaw by a little, sort of. It has a higher to hit, and it's faster, but hits for less damage and is only parry class one (but is one handed, leaving the other free for nanites or whatever). A fine katana or lotus nodachi is better still, but will run you... what? Somewhere around 5K to 10K? Blades is fail, anyways. Whips ftw.

fine katana = most underrated blade. depending on their stats, some high-level blades guys end up doing more damage more quickly with fine katanas than with almost all other swords. i am a rifles dude, but i have 30 blades as a secondary and they are very not fail -- shiver sword damage is absolutely absurd. sanguinaire two-shotted gheydorah with one~
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: February 13, 2010, 06:08:39 am »

Blades is fail, anyways. Whips ftw.
i have 30 blades as a secondary and they are very not fail
That was just lighthearted bullshitting about the subjective merits of the different weapon types. :3
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 311