Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477281 times)

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2415 on: February 15, 2010, 05:28:02 pm »

New player here. Im all situated except for a corp and a gun. Could anyone help me out with either?

Cheapest 9mm berettas you can find are in DYNE corp store. We're also hiring, if you want to join.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: February 16, 2010, 01:38:57 am »

Aw, goddamnit. I log in, and Im in limbo, means I lost ANOTHER lotus armor set and a fine katana to nothing. :C
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: February 16, 2010, 05:31:03 am »

How are you logging out, because that implies you're doing so in a non-secure area? Either log out in the cube hotel while there's still an N by your name, or get an apartment. Any apartment will do for just logging out, you probably won't find one in FC proper, or the Bradbury. Try the Astral Complex in northern gangland if the others are full up.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2418 on: February 16, 2010, 09:29:22 am »

To add on to that, I see a lot of people sharing apartments... just remember that absolute safety is not guaranteed if anyone attached to your room is logged on.  I realize it would be rare to have someone break into the apartment and kill you while a roommate(s) is logged on, but everyone relatively new I've mentioned this to hasn't realized it.  People staying in apartment HQs seem to be most vulnerable to this.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: February 16, 2010, 10:03:36 am »

I just got a new pad in the Helliday :3.  Now I can rest in some security and perhaps actually leave something valuable behind for once.

Also, two questions: Can my friend, who literally joined the game about an hour ago, join our corp? And, can Eagle and company show us to the snakeskin/eelskin mutations once we get a bit more XP?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 06:51:32 pm by Sithlordz »
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: February 17, 2010, 12:51:55 am »

I'm not sure who your corp is, but snakeskin is one of the moderately tough to get to mutations around. You'll need to swim through an underground river, get past giant cave spiders, and then go down a hard climb to get to it. If you contact me in game, I'll give you more info and tell you a couple things you can do to get there.

Eelskin is really easy to get, though.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: February 17, 2010, 07:42:19 am »

get past giant cave spiders

Oh.  Fucking.  Shit.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2422 on: February 17, 2010, 11:38:15 am »

Sadly, they're not quite up to the level that you're thinking.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: February 17, 2010, 11:44:49 am »

Aye, snakeskin is placed on a very silly place near were the grues are. You'll need a strong and resourceful person to pull you through and revive you if you die (and you most likely will).

Either that, or become strong enough so that you can make a naked run, dodging the scary stuff and survive the climb. Once you get to the mutation place, you can just mutate and kill yourself.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: February 17, 2010, 12:14:22 pm »

Well, you guys are strong and resourceful.

Right?

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: February 17, 2010, 12:26:04 pm »

Nope, we're weak and clueless. :3

I once killed myself with the same plane twice. ;D
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: February 17, 2010, 01:59:59 pm »

From what I've seen, first level muts are always placed in really annoying locations, and 2nd level muts just need you to know where they are. Take the clair/med set. Clair is located in a pit on an island you need to fly to, there are two bosses in the way, though one you can shove out of the way if your good enough, the other is a ghost and pretty strong, and to get out you need really good climb, or decent medical, a half dozen casts and trauma kits, and some luck. Medium, on the other hand, is one square north of a helipad that I am pretty sure is serviced by NPCs, with no threats in the area at all.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: February 17, 2010, 02:03:46 pm »

Well, this is it, I am dead broke now.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: February 17, 2010, 03:21:18 pm »

You guys make everything so hard on yourselves. The climbs to Luskentyre are really not that difficult, and neither is killing the ghost inside the Cave of All Souls. Just learn a little climb and bring an EMP weapon. But the point is that Clair is a game-changer, and a random newbie shouldn't just be able to run to it in his first hour of playing. Hopefully he'll have to talk to his corp, who will (omg) educate him. Also Medium is on Stormfront, which is not serviced by NPCs, is phase/blink blocked, and where there is a relatively high chance of your gear/cocoons being eaten if you die.
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2429 on: February 18, 2010, 12:17:36 am »

Well, I just decided "What the hell..." and decided to make an account of my own. I won't be playing it until next week, but I am curious; whose still playing this?

Might as well check it out. So basically, it's like a MMO text adventure? With my limited experience, it seems that way.

BTW, I carry the same name in there as I do here.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:19:11 am by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 311