Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477333 times)

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2310 on: January 28, 2010, 06:28:21 pm »

Yeah, xp soaks explosives. While 1 speed hypo dose is more potent than one crank dose, crank rocks have more doses in 'em (i believe) and it's easy to just 'break statue' x999 and get a load of rocks. Really up to you to decide which to use, though.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: January 28, 2010, 06:35:53 pm »

You could get billy goat and eat the speed hypo. Or make Happybom meals.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2312 on: January 28, 2010, 07:55:30 pm »

I'll admit I didn't realize that the WOPR machine worked like the jukebox for brains.  So, do people take the time to grind brains, or is it a max at char-gen, get swollen brain, drink caffeine, and let it work itself out kinda thing?

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: January 28, 2010, 08:01:21 pm »

xp soaks damage? I did not know that. I also never would have guessed because what the fucking fuck were they thinking? The biggest problem with the game is arguably the godlike players with hundreds of thousands of xp being invincible rapemachines. And the xp in and of itself makes them invincible? Seriously? What the fuck?
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: January 28, 2010, 08:14:56 pm »

People can and do grind Brains on the WOPR machine, but considering it is in the most god awful place that is very hard to get there and back for a brains character, its not too common. I mean really, whats the point? Makes crafters even less viable physically since its so hard to grind brain, so you pretty much have to max it at char gen.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2315 on: January 28, 2010, 08:33:06 pm »

Yeah, it isn't a big worry, I was just curious.  I just hate having odd-numbered stats.  More gym ip for other stats, which is not unwelcome at all.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2316 on: January 28, 2010, 08:50:53 pm »

Well I quit

Honestly, I'm bored, it's just grind. Thats basically all it is is just grinding forever and ever and ever. I also did some things that were less then nice to my corp at the end because I didn't care so meh. Several months of grind is just way to much of my life to waste before you can have fun. Sorry to my corp mates  :(.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2317 on: January 29, 2010, 01:04:11 am »

From the hellmoo wiki, concerning flame chains: "...and you need some brawn (not much) to max out the damage."

Any idea how much?  I have points to play with.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: January 29, 2010, 01:08:09 am »

Even at 8 brawn it does a shitton of damage. But I don't know how much you need to max it out.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: January 29, 2010, 01:10:19 am »

Just pick up a few tvs and start doing laps. Don't waste gym IP on brawn. If someone wants to train senses, stick em in a corner with a soda machine on two squares next to them, and run back and forth with a macro between the two. NON GYM IP FOR EVERYBODY!!!

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: January 29, 2010, 02:06:28 am »

I thought non-gym IP gain was limited to one ip per stat per hour?

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: January 29, 2010, 02:37:10 am »

I thought non-gym IP gain was limited to one ip per stat per hour?

And you are right.

Also, i have started up a new corp. Join DYNE.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:41:44 am by Eagle »

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: January 29, 2010, 03:37:55 pm »

Well I quit

Honestly, I'm bored, it's just grind. Thats basically all it is is just grinding forever and ever and ever. I also did some things that were less then nice to my corp at the end because I didn't care so meh. Several months of grind is just way to much of my life to waste before you can have fun. Sorry to my corp mates  :(.

i heard you ragequit because djerk held you up and demanded your cocoon, which you gave him before he killed you, which honestly is hilarious since the only reason someone would ever want your cocoon is to do exactly that.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:35:32 pm by Charlatan »
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: January 29, 2010, 03:54:54 pm »

Reading about the exploits of others is actually more fun than playing this game.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 311