Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Survival of the Fittest. (Lights on, or lights out?)  (Read 14027 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

I shall sign up to the waiting list!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I pick up a chair and fling it at the doors, standing back and watching to see what happens (and standing the hell away from those statues)

The chair flies at the doors, and your powerful, well-aimed throw sends it right through both doors. The doors explode in a rain of glass shards, outwards. As your body is perforated by hundreds of tiny shards, and a few larger ones, you notice the strange way they move. They don't seem to be affected by gravity, air resistance, or any other resistance. They move in straight lines, straight through you, the earth, the statues. Bleeding from hundreds of tiny holes, the slower, bigger shards have now reached you. Unable to move out of their way, one of them slowly severs your arm, while another enters your abdomen and splits your spine in twain when it exits, just below the kidneys. A last, big shard is pointed right at your heart, and by now the slowness of your deliverance is more torture than the pain already endured. You die.

Watch the scene unfold in the garden.

From the side of the house, two glass double doors explode into a cloud of glass shards, that seem to move in straight lines, right through the earth, into the sky, and into the garden. You're able to move out of the way of a few shards heading your way. You decide not to try and catch one, as they seem to move effortlessly through solid stone.

Well thank god Luckk lost his ear, I was gona try and look through the keyhole  ;D.

I'll sneak around the right side of the house and be careful to avoid anything laying on the ground.
You sneak around the right side of the house. There's a greenhouse attached to the wall. There are two dark windows on the both the 2nd and 3rd floor, but none on the first floor. There is a door into the greenhouse, however.

A bit further from the house is what looks like an overgrown vegetable garden, and a scarecrow standing in the middle of it.

I'd also like to be on the waiting list. Are we supposed to post our first action to get on the waiting list now, like we would if spots were available, or do we wait until a spot is open to do that?
The last thing you remember, is that you were reading about a game called Survival of the Fittest .. etc

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
Re: Survival of the Fittest. (Unfolding the scene: Every Organ Punctured)
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2009, 06:31:33 am »

How come these guys are getting thrown in, and I'm still on the waiting list?
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2009, 06:56:19 am »

Because I forgot to specify the no-"i-claim-this-spot"-rule for the waiting list, and both Zai and Flintus were just before you. You are now the next in line. There's no shortage of death, so it won't be long ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2009, 08:33:23 am »

Well that scarecrow isn't gona be friendly so....

I'll keep sneaking around and get to the back of the house.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2009, 12:49:23 pm »

I walk carefully to the house, observing all of my surroundings, and if finding no imminent threats, move on to walk around the left of the house. If I should see glass doors that have shattered (as I should), I enter through those doors, making sure to not touch anything but the ground while doing so.

And GruffyBears, don't worry about getting in. I should be dying in an action or two.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2009, 01:29:24 pm »

Um...hm...okay. Let's see what we can do here. Go back to that particularly nice sized rock, find ANOTHER rock, and smash that one into more manageable pieces. Then, one of the sharper fragments to start sharpening a few of the rock pieces. Once I have a handful of smaller, smooth stones (Probably half the size of my fist) stuff them in my pockets, but have one or two ready to throw.

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2009, 01:53:46 pm »

I back away from the scarecrow while keeping an eye on it and the path to the door of the greenhouse.  I look for a stick that doesn't have thorns and prod the door light enough to check if there is anything special about it.  I also want to sharpen the stick if nothing happens to it after pocking the door with it for use as a weapon.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2009, 03:13:36 pm »

Well that scarecrow isn't gona be friendly so....

I'll keep sneaking around and get to the back of the house.
Navigating between the greenhouse and the vegetable-patch you round another corner of the house. A long lawn trails down the hill, with a few trees. It's been a while since it's been mowed. A small, brick shed with a door and a window stands to the side of the lawn. At the house, there is a terrace of grey flagstones, with lawn-chairs that look really inviting and comfortable, and a garden-table with a vase on it. A door leads into the house, and next to it is a large window looking out over the lawn.

I walk carefully to the house, observing all of my surroundings, and if finding no imminent threats, move on to walk around the left of the house. If I should see glass doors that have shattered (as I should), I enter through those doors, making sure to not touch anything but the ground while doing so.

Carefully moving towards the house, you take a left turn and hear a scream and stones breaking somewhere close. Around the corner you indeed find a broken glass door. Carefully you enter the room beyond. It's a dining room. A large oval dining table stands in the center, with 8 chairs around it. It's all set to have dinner, except for the lawn-chair that really messed up the porcelain and the rotten and decayed food that was on it... The diners don't seem to mind, they appear to be long dead, their leathery skin hangs from their bones, while they sag into their chairs, empty eyesockets staring at the intruder.

Um...hm...okay. Let's see what we can do here. Go back to that particularly nice sized rock, find ANOTHER rock, and smash that one into more manageable pieces. Then, one of the sharper fragments to start sharpening a few of the rock pieces. Once I have a handful of smaller, smooth stones (Probably half the size of my fist) stuff them in my pockets, but have one or two ready to throw.

You manage to find the rock again, and notice that as you pick it up, the cuts in your hand open again. The rock soaks up your blood and grows larger. With a scream, you try to drop it, but it has already grown around your fingers. You try to get it off using your right hand, but find that your broken arm is still useless. You smash your hand with the rock against the ground, trying to break it.
You succeeded! In breaking your hand. The rock has actually grown into the cuts now and is growing into your veins, absorbing your blood. You ingeniously think about gnawing off your hand, but the speed in which it grows is faster and faster and it doesn't take long for you to pass out from the pain. You die.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I back away from the scarecrow while keeping an eye on it and the path to the door of the greenhouse.  I look for a stick that doesn't have thorns and prod the door light enough to check if there is anything special about it.  I also want to sharpen the stick if nothing happens to it after pocking the door with it for use as a weapon.

You manage to find a small length (0.5m) of bamboo, used to hold up plants. It's flimsy and unusuable as a weapon, but on the bright side, it doesn't look like it wants to kill you. You prod the door to the greenhouse. It remains closed and inanimate as you need to turn the door handle to open it (assuming it's unlocked). You try to turn it using the stick, but it's just too flimsy.
Looking back you notice the scarecrow is still turned in your direction... As it has always been.

I begin sprinting towards the house. As I run, I wrap my jacket around my hand, but keep my T-shirt on.

Having learned nothing about running on a dark hill you immediately trip and land in a thornbush. Your right hand is unscathed thanks to your jacket, but your face, ears, and arms are covered in tiny cuts from the thorns. You feel small trails of drops of blood all over your arms and head. Your T-shirt is shredded and your chest and abdomen are scratched by the thorns. It burns like hell and you sincerely hope that there wasn't any poison in there... Your left foot is stuck in a rabbits hole that you did not see in the dark, and your ankle is sprained. You hope it's not broken.

Fuck. Something just nibbled on your toe.

----------------------------------------

Dead players wishing to rejoin the waiting list, please announce that you would like that.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Fittest. (I'm in yer veins, and some nibblin')
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2009, 03:31:37 pm »

Wow. I'm surprised nothing jumped out at me when I entered the room. I thought I might die on my first action.

I look around the room some more, mainly for anything that might make a good weapon and also for any possible exits (such as doorways to another room), while still making sure to touch nothing but the floor.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2009, 03:44:04 pm »

I look around the room some more, mainly for anything that might make a good weapon and also for any possible exits (such as doorways to another room), while still making sure to touch nothing but the floor.
The room itself has a glass cabinet, containing glasses and plates, and a few paintings, some of landscapes, some of what look like ancestors, looking down sternly on the scene below them. There is one etch of a city in the distance.

As for weaponry, there is the cutlery; knives, forks, and one large knife that was probably used to cut the meat. It's lodged in the chest of the body at the head of the table, in the general area of where his heart would have been.

There is a door towards the back of the house, it's open and it looks like the living room is there. There is another one near the front of the house, probably leading to the hallway, but it's closed.

On the floor is a large persian rug with strange markings and intricate patterns. The patterns are somehow... 'off'. They look broken, imperfect.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2009, 06:45:59 pm »

I pull out the large knife and walk cautiously into the living room, touching nothing but the floor and the knife (if possible). If something dangerous should happen (such as the dead bodies reanimating), I run carefully outside the house, taking care to stay away from anything but grass.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2009, 08:24:42 pm »

>Walk away from the house, CAREFULLY.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2009, 10:54:49 pm »

I'll sneak towards the tool shed and look through the window to see if there is anything of worth.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2009, 04:39:01 am »

I pull out the large knife and walk cautiously into the living room, touching nothing but the floor and the knife (if possible). If something dangerous should happen (such as the dead bodies reanimating), I run carefully outside the house, taking care to stay away from anything but grass.

As you try to pull out the knife, it seems to be stuck. Careful not to touch the corpse, you pull harder. The corpse falls over, with its upper body on the table, ramming the knife all the way through its body. The point of the knife exits from its back in a cloud of dust. It's caked with old blood. The dust doesn't settle, but just... hangs there.

I'll sneak towards the tool shed and look through the window to see if there is anything of worth.

Realising that "Worth" is a subjective term, you glean through the window. Through cobwebs and caked dirt, you see a workbench with some tools (hammer, screwdrivers, saw), some planks of wood, and to the far left a collection of gardening tools (rake, lawnmower, shovel, chainsaw, jerrycan of gasoline).

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9