Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Survival of the Fittest. (Lights on, or lights out?)  (Read 14026 times)

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Fittest. (First Blood: Death Trip and flaying)
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2009, 02:12:26 pm »

I rip off a part of my sleeve from my shirt and wrap it around my head without blocking my sight but making sure enough pressure is being put on it so it doesn't continue bleeding.

Edit: also walk a few feet away from said house without tripping or anything.

Edit 2: Just forgot but I also check said wound to make sure there is nothing in it from the door before wrapping it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 02:18:10 pm by Luckk »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2009, 02:35:47 pm »

Seriously. This house is fucked up. Walk around a little carefully and look around? Maybe look for some sort of weapon? A bat? An axe?
There is a large pond on the left side of the house, and something that looks like a garden behind it. The pond is eerily silent, and still as a mirror. Full of trepidation that you are, you pick up a solid-looking rock. It feels solid in your hand. And good. Your other arm still hurts like hell though, especially now that you can't hold it up anymore.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 02:42:05 pm »

I rip off a part of my sleeve from my shirt and wrap it around my head without blocking my sight but making sure enough pressure is being put on it so it doesn't continue bleeding.

Edit: also walk a few feet away from said house without tripping or anything.

Edit 2: Just forgot but I also check said wound to make sure there is nothing in it from the door before wrapping it.
You feel around the wound. It hurts, but it appears to be worm-free... You rip a sleeve from your shirt and bandage yourself, and walk a few paces back.

You notice a stone, floating menacingly in the air, left of the house.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I look at the stone while backing away slowly to make sure it doesn't try to kill me like the door and make my around the house, walking carefully while look for anything around the house that would be useful.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I look at the stone while backing away slowly to make sure it doesn't try to kill me like the door and make my around the house, walking carefully while look for anything around the house that would be useful.
The stone just.. floats there.

You walk around the right side of the house. There's a greenhouse attached to the wall. There are two dark windows on the both the 2nd and 3rd floor, but none on the first floor. There is a door into the greenhouse, however.

A bit further from the house is what looks like an overgrown vegetable garden, and a scarecrow standing in the middle of it.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile

Oh I see what's happening here.

...We can't see each other, but we can see what we're doing. Okay, this house is still creepy as hell.

I'm not trudging through a garden likely filled with critters, and that pond is asking for trouble if you mess with it. Set down the stone for now, and try and tend to my arm. Like, make a makeshift sling with a bit of my sleeve or something, improvise. That should let me carry the stone with a bit less pain because I can't hold the other arm up.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I cautiously head back to the house, going as fast as I can well still watching where I'm going and taking care to avoid any possible obstacles, dangers or traps.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While listening for anything moving, try to get a closer look at the scarecrow without going into the garden.  Also stay atleast a few feet from the garden from fear of the plants.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I'm not trudging through a garden likely filled with critters, and that pond is asking for trouble if you mess with it. Set down the stone for now, and try and tend to my arm. Like, make a makeshift sling with a bit of my sleeve or something, improvise. That should let me carry the stone with a bit less pain because I can't hold the other arm up.
You drop the stone. Making an improvised sling one-handed is quite a skill. You succeed, kind of, and the pain in your arm subsides somewhat. The cuts in your left hand have grown bigger, somehow, and started bleeding again. The stone also looks a bit bigger than it did before.

I cautiously head back to the house, going as fast as I can well still watching where I'm going and taking care to avoid any possible obstacles, dangers or traps.
As fast as you can is still slow, and you arrive at the house. A flying stone drops to the ground.

While listening for anything moving, try to get a closer look at the scarecrow without going into the garden.  Also stay atleast a few feet from the garden from fear of the plants.
Your ability to listen has diminished somewhat. The garden is overgrown with Hedera helix, except for a large circle around the scarecrow. It appears to scare plants as well... The scarecrow itself is hardly visible, as if occluded by a shadow, even though it's in direct moonlight. It doesn't move.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 04:37:57 pm by Siquo »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Examine cuts for anything unclear as to what's wrong with it (Is there anything inside the cuts? Does it need to be cleaned?). And I guess also staunch the bleeding after examining it.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Walk in a circle around the house, avoiding any possible dangers, looking for another way to enter the house (other than the door)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Examine cuts for anything unclear as to what's wrong with it (Is there anything inside the cuts? Does it need to be cleaned?). And I guess also staunch the bleeding after examining it.
The cuts start healing again, and slowly stop bleeding...

Walk in a circle around the house, avoiding any possible dangers, looking for another way to enter the house (other than the door)
You randomly pick a direction to walk around the house, and you go left. A large, calm pond is here. There is a garden behind it. Entering the garden, you see several statues, a few chairs and tables, and large, glass double sliding doors leading into the house. The doors are closed. (You've walked 1/4 circle now)

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I pick up a chair and fling it at the doors, standing back and watching to see what happens (and standing the hell away from those statues)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Watch the scene unfold in the garden.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well thank god Luckk lost his ear, I was gona try and look through the keyhole  ;D.

I'll sneak around the right side of the house and be careful to avoid anything laying on the ground.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9