Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Survival of the Fittest. (Lights on, or lights out?)  (Read 13976 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Fittest. (I'm in yer veins, and some nibblin')
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2009, 05:40:54 pm »

I take a look at what is on the shelves and inside the pots while I try to cover my nose from the smell with my shirt.  I get out if I see any type of movement coming from the plants or the smell gets to strong.  I also leave if I can hear movement coming from outside and look to see if the scarecrow did anything.

On the shelves are some small gardening tools, bags of earth, a spray-can of pesticide and a watering can. The pots are either empty, or contain earth and dead, rotting plants. A few plants seem to have survived though, and have grown all over the place.

You hear a soft knocking in the distance, outside. When you turn around, the entrance to the greenhouse through which you came is grown over with plants. You feel something tugging at your pants, and when you look down, a vine has grown over your feet. You kick yourself loose, and although you never see a plant move, they do seem to have moved every time you turn around.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2009, 07:52:43 pm »

Well he's boned.

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2009, 09:41:04 pm »

I wanna sign up, and die in the most horrible fashion.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2009, 10:27:07 pm »

I'll grab the chainsaw

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2009, 05:56:06 am »

I'll grab the chainsaw

You walk into the shed and take the chainsaw from the wall. A rake that was leaning against it, falls over on the floor. The noise it makes echoes through the shed. And again. And again and again. The echoes become louder and more frequent until the entire shed is filled with a deafening noise. You run from the shed with the chainsaw, but outside you notice that you can't hear a thing anymore. The world is silent to you...

You've been standing still for so long, plants have grown over your feet. You try to kick yourself loose, but the thorny veins are stronger than you thought. Slowly but surely is scrapes its thorns over your legs, ripping your pants and skin slowly to shreds. Higher and higher it climbs, and more and more skin and cloth is ripped from you. Where the skin is gone, it rips into your flesh. The process takes hours, and you scream until your voice is gone, and then some more, silently, inside. Skinned alive and being shredded into little bits, millimiters at a time provides you with the most agonising death yet.

Unholster my pistol and jog towards the house, keeping a lookout for hostiles and things that might trip me up. If I don't have a pistol I'll look around for weapons.

As you were browsing the forums you had a gun in your pocket, and you're surprised you still have it with you. You take it out and start jogging cautiously towards the house. You pass a large thornbush, which is making a screaming sound. It's a scream of despair, and madness, and it doesn't stop.

For those who think it unfair to allow a gun: I don't know what you were wearing and what was in our pockets (IRL) when you signed up for the waiting list...

Also, there's a Dutch saying:
He who handles the sword, shall be slain by it.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Fittest. (Death through Sloth, can you hear it?)
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2009, 08:51:36 am »

So you saying I could have drawn that L.A.W I obviously must have had one me?

Daaang.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2009, 11:53:24 am »

So you saying I could have drawn that L.A.W I obviously must have had one me?

Daaang.
Hey, you forgot you brought it (I wondered what the awkward bulge in your pants was), although it's beyond me how a comic-book would have helped you...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2009, 01:38:42 pm »

Oh I see what you did there.

Very clever...

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2009, 07:59:32 pm »

Not like a gun will be much use against whatever the hell is wrong with this place anyways.

But it's a good thing I brought my hearing aids and ear repair kit ahehehe.... :-[

But at any rate I will Look at the house and determine the best place to chainsaw.

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2009, 09:19:29 pm »

I grab the pesticide and try to get through the door leading into the house.  If its locked, I try ramming into it a few times to break it open.  If it doesn't open, I quickly read the label on the pesticide.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2009, 11:49:37 pm »

I look back into the house, looking for anything that moves (such as a person that might have come through that door that opened and closed).

If there is something, and it can't see me, I stealthily walk back into the room and stab it repeatedly ["He ran into my knife, Officer, I swear! He ran into it twenty times!" or however that goes]. If it does not then crumple to the floor after being stabbed many times, or attacks me back, I take my knife and run out of the house, making sure not to touch or trip on anything in the process. Once I'm safely outside, I'll look back to see what happened to the thing. If it's coming after me, I'll keep running, continuing to make sure I don't trip or touch anything.

If there is something and it can see me, I get out of its sight. If it pursues me, I run away while making sure not to trip or touch anything.

If I see nothing moving in the house, I walk back inside, making sure not to touch anything, carefully looking for anything that wasn't there before. If I see something new that I could deem dangerous (such as a person crouching in the corner or a translucent ghost or something) I will run back outside, carefully as usual. If I see nothing, but something invisible touches me, I run back outside carefully. If I see nothing, and nothing touches me, I walk into the living room. If I then see something dangerous in there (such as a person that does not look injured), I will run back out of the house carefully.  If I don't see anything dangerous in the living room, I will examine the room, making sure not to touch anything.

...<.< New rule for all of my posts: always assume that when I do something, I do it carefully, making sure not to touch or trip on anything, unless I say something to the contrary.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2009, 12:07:58 am »

I'm sort of on the edge between what game Siquo's playing at.

Is he expecting you and encouraging you to take EVERY POSSIBLE HEED AND CARE INTO EVERYTHING YOU DO, or will that just get you killed?

Than it hits me.

He's doing all of this because its hilarious. Brilliant.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2009, 02:05:51 am »

Carefully go to the front door.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2009, 03:09:32 am »

Not like a gun will be much use against whatever the hell is wrong with this place anyways.

But it's a good thing I brought my hearing aids and ear repair kit ahehehe.... :-[

But at any rate I will Look at the house and determine the best place to chainsaw.
Look at yourself, right now, in meatspace, and what you have on you. Arch sounded so natural about having a gun in his pocket, I decided to let him keep it. That, and I actually know people that do carry a gun, at almost all times.

The best place to chainsaw would be wooden. The doors on this side are made of glass, the side you passed only had a greenhouse, but the front door was made of wood.

I grab the pesticide and try to get through the door leading into the house.  If its locked, I try ramming into it a few times to break it open.  If it doesn't open, I quickly read the label on the pesticide.
You grab the can of pesticide and open the door. You end up in what looks like the scullery. It's very dark, a window looks into the greenhouse, but there's hardly any light coming in due to the plants growing over it. There are a few shelves with copper pots and pans, and there's a lot of canned food. There is one door, leading towards the front of the house, and one door, leading inwards, towards the left of the house.

I look back into the house, looking for anything that moves (such as a person that might have come through that door that opened and closed).

If I see nothing moving in the house, I walk back inside, making sure not to touch anything, carefully looking for anything that wasn't there before. If I see something new that I could deem dangerous (such as a person crouching in the corner or a translucent ghost or something) I will run back outside, carefully as usual. If I see nothing, but something invisible touches me, I run back outside carefully. If I see nothing, and nothing touches me, I walk into the living room. If I then see something dangerous in there (such as a person that does not look injured), I will run back out of the house carefully.  If I don't see anything dangerous in the living room, I will examine the room, making sure not to touch anything.
You look back and indeed, you see nothing. The motes of dust that were floating from the corpse have fallen to the ground, however. You walk back inside, and you hear... a person muttering. Soft muttering. Crazy talk. You lean in closer to hear it.
Something about "there can Obi Wan".
You walk into the living room. A long sofa and two comfortable looking chairs are facing a television. The television is turned off. On a coffee table lies a hatchet, as is used by firemen to break down doors, and a book. There is a glass door leading to a terrace outside. Beyond the terrace is a large lawn, with a small shed. The door to the shed is open. A chainsaw flies out of the shed, towards the house, at a leasurely pace.
There is a door in the same wall as the one you came from, leading into the house towards the front. There's another one leading towards the right of the house.

Carefully go to the front door.

You reach the front door. It's wooden. And white. There's a tiny hole in one of the doors, at about eye-height.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:12:03 am by Siquo »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2009, 03:13:42 am »

Shoot the lock and if that doesn't force to door open I'll cautiously walk around the house.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9