Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 176

Author Topic: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!  (Read 92339 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!
« Reply #1290 on: July 20, 2009, 04:05:32 am »

Dictators expression returns to almost smiling.
"Well, coincidences don't happen often, but I guess that have to happen sometime, considering the mass of things Maha does. Anyone you recognize?"
Dictator looks at the chair in question.
"Why? Because you think there's something wrong with it, or because I will have to face your retribution."
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: July 20, 2009, 04:09:55 am »

"The latter. It's also trapped."

He looks at Vlynndar

"Huh, I grew up in a village. It's a city now and I... Can't go back there. At least not for an extremely long time."
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 20, 2009, 04:13:40 am »

"Yes, I do... It's been a long time since I've been there. That... That must be my sister. Wow, she's grown up..."

He looks back at the Lich.
"Because of what you look like?"
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 20, 2009, 04:17:09 am »

"No. Because of what I did, which I'm not quite willing to tell right now."

(He's talked about what he did before, if you're willing to go back and read through the pages.)
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 20, 2009, 04:17:37 am »

"psst, dictator sit in the chair. I dare you"
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 20, 2009, 04:19:54 am »

"I heard that."

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 20, 2009, 04:22:02 am »

"Heard what? Definitely not me daring Dictator to sit in 'The chair'"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 04:26:30 am by mission0 »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 20, 2009, 04:24:30 am »

"You know, that is just about The worst way to deny something."

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 20, 2009, 04:27:00 am »

"I still haven't the faintest about what you say I am denying"

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 20, 2009, 04:39:52 am »

(I am quite curious about what you did. Also, Mission, could you include your name in actions to keep it in memory, I recall what you are, but not the name.)
The ethereal snake turns into a constrictor, under the floor.
Dictator addresses Vlynndar, obviously ignoring {*}.

"You sound like you want to visit, your town that is, not the Lich's."
Then to the Lich,
"Well, alright. Willing to tell what situation caused you to be something resembling a lich?"
It looks like it has another question it's holding back.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: July 20, 2009, 04:50:14 am »

"Simple, I decided that I would never die, no matter how hard it was, and no matter how dangerous to my being. But I would do it ethically and honorably. It took me sixty years of intense research, dangerous traveling about the planes, quite a lot of effort and it nearly annihilated me; but eventually I achieved my goal of becoming an Archlich! Which is not a very, very powerful lich, that's a demilich. Those are scary."

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 20, 2009, 05:02:16 am »

"Amazing, reminds me somewhat of what I did."
Dictator rubs a bit of torn fabric between two claws, mumbling about Maha taking too long.
"You are the first I've met up with who made the transformation so cleanly. All of the other liches I've met up with had effectively made a cage out of skewers for their soul. Was your home town an inspiration for the process?"
A cube, made of dried mud, appears in the globe holder. An imp inconspicuously vanishes from view.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 20, 2009, 05:05:44 am »

"Yes. I want to return. Sometime. Not now.
I was exploring, or scouting. I'd like to see me try and explain THIS to the expedition." He laughs. "But I'm not leaving here. I am intrigued and mystified by this place."

"You can't die at all, Lich? It is somewhat ironic. The one thing that can't die looks like death in person."
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: July 20, 2009, 05:06:30 am »

"I'm going to practice on my hoverboard outside." Archangel picks up his bag and walks off in that direction, still holding the tank.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 20, 2009, 05:14:44 am »

"Well, the process of becoming an Archlich is much, much harder the becoming that of a Lich. For one thing it requires a massive dedication to a cause, which fits rather nicely with the plane I come from. It's not just the cause of living forever that will do, but any cause. It also requires an extremely high affinity with magic, and a massive amount of resources. It also requires one to do some incredibly dangerous things.

Archliches cannot become as powerful as liches, but they make up for it in other ways. For instance: I don't need to memorize spells, I draw them straight from the energy of the surrounding plane.

And, lastly: no, but being born on a plane dedicated to dedication and work helped.

I can die, but I can't be killed. The only way for me to die is suicide. I have to totally and completely lose my will and dedication. Also, I didn't always look like this, my appearance just kept getting older and older until one day I woke up and realized I had no skin."

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 176