Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 176

Author Topic: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!  (Read 86774 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!
« on: July 05, 2009, 08:21:52 pm »

Strife’s Fortress of Sensicality. An RP building.
Helpful help found here:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=38358.msg638733#msg638733

It’s a castle. The walls are dark stone of an unknowable type. There is one tower in the middle, more of a keep than anything else. There is a moat, that doesn’t seem to have a bottom. Across the moat, there is one large, wooden drawbridge. The rest of the world is a blank, dim, featureless plane. Inside the walls are numerous SAM sights. The keep has several combined machine-gun/cannon turrets. There are several naval guns around as well.

The drawbridge is down, and the portcullis is up. There is a bright, cheery sign on top of the entryway that says:

Strife’s Fortress of Sensicality!
Welcome; come on in!
Remember the main rule.

Inside the courtyard, it’s a fair bit brighter. Amongst the defenses (which are all apparently autonomous), are some assorted plants. There are a fair number of lilacs around. Cacti patches and hen and chicks abound. Most of the flowers are in a cooler tone, but there are a few tiger lilies around as well. There isn’t any grass, instead there are innumerable snow-on-the-mountain plants. There is a cobblestone path (of the same rock as the walls) leading from the drawbridge to the keep. The keep door is a double, heavy steel design. Next to, it is another sign. The words are directly on the stone of the keep, glowing slightly.

Strife’s Fortress of Sensicality!
Rules:
I)   Let us all maintain our chill composure!
II)   Try not to destroy Strife’s stuff overmuch.
a.   Note that everything here is pretty much indestructible. I’ll have to replace any furniture you break.
b.   Exception in rule IV.
III)   Please be respectful of any other powers that you may meet.
IV)   Note that the fourth wall isn’t especially strong here. Try not to shatter it.
a.   It’s a real pain to fix, kay?
V)   Note that any innate powers that you may or may not posses are diminished somewhat on this plane.
a.   This includes immortality.
VI)   Don’t kill anyone. Or else I’ll get angry.
a.   Anyone includes yourself.
VII)   If you’re asked to leave, please leave.
a.   I’d rather not have to break anything.
VIII)   If you have any problems, just speak up.
a.   If I’m especially busy, use your best judgment.
IX)   Let us all maintain our chill composure.

Note: This fortress is equipped with a self-destruct feature that is only activatable by myself (and by a few others, but you’ll know if you’re one of them). It will render this entire plane of existence uninhabitable for as long as I see fit. Please don’t make me have to use. I will set it off if stuff gets to chaotic.

Inside the doors is a large room. It might be slightly larger than the keep itself. It’s lighted by several large fireplaces along the walls. There are comfortably looking overstuffed chairs and assorted couches scattered around. The carpeting is thick and dark red. Off to one side is a buffet table. There are small plates, napkins, and several chafing dishes. The chafing dishes seem to be full of food. Mostly meatballs. There is a pile of utensils at the end of the table. On the opposite side of the room is a bar. There is a wall full of assorted bottles behind it, along with several unidentifiable kegs. The bar has a small sign that reads “serve yourself,” on it. Scattered amongst the open space on the walls are large bookcases filled with assorted books.

The main space in the floor is occupied with a very large fountain. The fountain base apparently also functions as a small swimming pool, as evidenced by a NO DIVING sign, as well as several depth markings ( it goes from three to six feet).

At the end of the room, are three doorways. They have signs on top of them, but you can’t make them out from here.

Strife, wearing a black coat with crimson and gold trim (which several people may recognize) is leaning behind the bar.

Bloody hell, I hope this stays in reason. And doesn’t cause a schism.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 09:38:48 pm by Strife26 »
Even the avatars expire eventually.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: Strife's Fortress of sensicallity. A RP building!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 08:24:49 pm »

The Lich, now much better, walks in.

"Nice place you've got here."
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 08:28:13 pm »

Strife removes a checklist from his coat.

"Why thank you, it was the biggest project I've done in a while. I'll be making a list of the beings currently involved here. What would you like on your list?"

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 08:30:44 pm »

"The Lich, I can't even remember my real name anymore."
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Angellus

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 08:31:32 pm »

"Nice, nice..."

Angel entered the great hall, Kite following him on his trail.

"Will there be expansion possibilities? I'll take a dry white wine if I may."
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 08:36:15 pm by Angellus »

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 08:35:15 pm »

Little walks up to the door holding Sof's hand.

"Are we allowed in?"
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 08:36:32 pm »

"Great. The weirdo came. Do you...ahem...have any rum Strife? I need a drink."

WorkerDrone walks in, now wearing a dull gray Greatcoat, and a bowler hat. He deposits his oversized Tommy Gun and revolver in a weapon cache, not much unlike a coat hanger in purpose. Though this is the zany thing.

He takes a seat at the bar, nodding to his old associate. "Before you ask. It needs more Gothic." WorkerDrone grins slightly.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 08:39:28 pm by WorkerDrone »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 08:39:42 pm »

"Do you have anything that you'd like to put yourself down for Angellus? I recommend Soave for a dry white. I think that this is a good vintage."

Strife pulls out a bottle from behind him and sets it on the bar. He pulls out a few white wine glasses from beneath the counter.

"Would anyone else like a glass?"

He turns to Little and Sofia.

Sigh. I was wondering how long it'd take for them to show up.

"I suppose so, try to keep any knife wielding or anger issues down in this room though."

"Hiya WorkerDrone. One second."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 08:40:00 pm »

"So, besides this hall, what is there to see in here?"

Angellus

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 08:41:53 pm »

"And who's the weirdo, Worker?"

Angel grinned at him.

"Gothic would suit nicely, but the authentic look has more then enough."

He turned to Strife,

"Strife, would you mind me if I used some of the garden space for herbs?
I'd love a Soave, thanks."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 08:43:46 pm »

The Lich walks outside, and sits in the garden, meditating.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 08:46:12 pm »

Strife pulls out a pretty wide bottle.

"This rum is from one of my favored stopping places. It might be a bit darker than your used to, and retains more of the molasesy flavor."

Strife walks over to the doorways.

"Well, I built this particular place while ignoring the rules of space-time. The left room leads to some aquariums I put in here. The middle one leads to an especially reinforced arena area. The right one just has maintenance  hallways and the controls for this place."

To Angellus,

"As long as they aren't of a carnivorous, mind-altering, poisonous, or highly combustable nature, feel free. You might have a bit of trouble getting them to grow though.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 08:46:58 pm »

Sofia looks confused, she seems like she doesn't remember heading here.

"I guess just give me a bottle of something... Anything really... My head hurts..."
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Angellus

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 08:47:44 pm »

Angel handed his wine to Sofi and took a new one himself.

"And the giant space outside?"

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 08:48:27 pm »

The Lich stops meditating, goes inside, and enters the aquarium.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 176