Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Author Topic: Hell Raiser RTD - Turn 24 - Those who Fight Further  (Read 23841 times)

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hell Raiser RTD - Turn 24 - Those who Fight Further
« on: June 13, 2009, 05:50:09 am »

I've decided to make an RTD. Know that I have thought about it quite a bit, and it seems balanced.
Spoiler: Setting (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map of setting (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills, Traits, etc. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Guns for reference (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Point of the game (click to show/hide)
To start with, you can vote on a good starting position, like maybe an apartment complex or a warehouse or a cave just outside the city limits. Anything reasonable.
I'll be taking 6 people to start with, if I get more free time, I might grab more. Come on, raising hell is just tempting, isn't it?

Players -
Jay Kayell as Mr.Black
Relm
Errol
knightedskull as Don
Humaan
kinseti as Eswen
theevilmonk as Kyeti
Gabriel
Pandalord as Panda
Leafsnail as Rohan
Zako as Reaper

Waiting list -
Get on it!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 11:24:49 pm by major_sephiroth »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Hell Raiser RTD - We have guns, and magic!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 06:15:29 am »

I'm in.

Name: Mr.Black
Skills:
1. Medium earth magic
2. Medium Fire magic
Trait/Deficiency:
Good with magic/Uncharismatic
Inventory:
Clothes
Black trenchcoat
Sunglasses
Glock 17

I vote on us starting in a tavern.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 07:57:39 am »

Thanks for the quick reply.
I didn't think of a tavern, good idea for a starting spot! I'll make your skills and traits as follows:
Medium Earth Magic: Can do easy earth magic with +1, and can actually try medium stuff. (Like shoving a pillar of earth through a guy)
Medium Fire Magic: Same as above, but FIRE! Oh this seems like fun already!
Good with magic: Can learn a new magic skill with only one 5 or 6 on attempts to learn it, and takes one less 5 to increase the ones already learnt.
Uncharismatic: -1 Actions involving charisma, like persuasion and haggling.

A spell related thing:
A fireball is a low level fire skill, unless its big or there are heaps of them. A low level earth spell would pull a rock from the ground and toss it at an opponent, or shift the ground under someone, so they have to roll to avoid falling over. Medium ones would be things like placing a wall of fire (Diablo),  or the aforementioned rock spikes. A medium earth could also affect metal slightly.
This seem adequate? This is my first forum game I've made, let alone RTD, so I'm trying to do it right.
I'm off to sleep now, and will be back in ~9 hours from this getting posted, longer if I sleep in.

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 08:15:03 am »

I'll join.

Name: Relm
Skills: Medium fire magic, Medium ice magic, charismatic, good with magic.
Inventory: Clothes, Desert Eagle, Sunglasses, Jacket.

I vote for a apartment complex.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 09:01:30 am »

Gotta join as well.

Name: Errol
Skills: Basic Illusions, Basic Mind Magic (as in mind manipulation), Basic Telekinesis, Charismatic, Pacifist.
Inventory: Good clothes, nice hat, MK23, three glass diamonds.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 02:25:14 pm »

I'll participate

Name: Don
Skills: Great sniper, good with a shotgun and some healing spells.
Inventory: a safari hat, clothing with a light combat vest, an SVD, a Mossberg Maverick, and a knife attached to his vest.

Trait/Deficiency:
Gets the job done/DO THE JOB

The artistic region seems a good place to start if any chaos is to be effective.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 03:12:26 pm »

Yayz! RTD!

Name: Humaan
Skills:
1. Weak Time Magic-user
Trait/Deficiency:
Master of Time/Oblivious
Inventory:
Clerical Garmet (Grey with an upside-down cross;colored blood-red)

(Around Time-Magic using, I really think to prevent abuse by me that "stopping" time, time travel, and all the really cool sounding abilities should be set up to EXTREMELY higher than my current abilities, so I have to work to get them.)

I vote for artistic region.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 05:18:30 pm »

Relm, you need a deficiency, something bad that might come up, like obsessed with getting things done, or uncharismatic, etc. It'd replace either charismatic or good with magic. Other than that it's acceptable.
Errol, yours seems good, and I'll make it so stopping someone from attacking you using illusions/mind magic isn't affected by being a Pacifist, so in a combat situation you can still help. Of course trying to destroy someones mind is an exception.
Knightedskull, that seems good, and I'll make your vest have hooks on the back to carry either the maverick or the SVD when you're not using it.
Humaan, I'm making that a Medium time magic skill because you didn't take any other skill with it. You can slow time down quite a bit for yourself, and can stop it for what would be half a second, enough to dodge something by getting that headstart on it. Both of these put a severe strain on your mind, and after stopping time, you have -1 to trying to stop it again the next round.   Slowing time down has a limit to it as well, but that one is more dictated by the rolls than anything else.

Its not Artistic region, its Artisan's Quarter, an artisan is someone who makes stuff, like a jeweller makes jewellery. Feel free to call it either one though, as they're not too far apart.
Ok, so the skills are to be as follows:
Basic [element] magic: Can use basic magic for the element.
Medium [element] magic: Can use up to medium and gets +1 on basic spells. This means overshots.
Basic Telekinesis: Can move a light object around with relative ease, and can try to move heavier things with a -1. Heavier goes up to something like a car.
Novice [weapon class]: +1 to rolls of 1, when using the gun. No more epic fail if you have some skill with your gun.
Good [weapon class]: Optional -1 to rolls of 6 and +1 to rolls of 1 AND 2
Great [weapon class]: +1 Accuracy and damage rolls with chosen class
And the traits/deficiencies:
Charismatic: +1 actions involving charisma, such as persuasion and interrogation.
Pacifist: -1 actions that are a direct attack on someone. Stopping them is acceptable, as long as it doesn't do too much damage to the target.
Gets the job done: +1 Finishing a job. This is making stuff, picking locks, doing things in general. Does not involve ranged fighting, you get a +1 if you are beating on a guy in melee.
DO THE JOB: -1 to trying to stop doing something. This includes trying to stop fighting.
Master of Time: Sometimes your powers come in at the right moment. In a critical situation, roll for auto magic. A 1 or 2 in this would not harm you, and simply not do anything. Say you're getting shot at. I would roll for this. If I get a 6, you would stop time without thinking and move out of danger.
Oblivious: -1 to sudden things and background roll. If people are in a party without you, the background roll wouldn't get the -1.
I've updated the first post with these skills and stuff. Just one more person ;D

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 05:35:04 pm »

I kinda meant it to mean like, getting a job or goal done....like an assassin who doesn't stop after the first shot is fired, he get the job done any way possible and eventually.

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 06:08:49 pm »

Would this do?

Name:Relm
Skills:
Medium ice magic
Medium fire magic
Trait/Deficiency:
Charismatic/Oblivious
Inventory:
Clothes
Desert Eagle
Sunglasses
Jacket

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 06:31:51 pm »

That will be good Relm, and Knightedskull, I made it so if you kill someone, trying to stop butchering them would have a -1, and you would have to try to stop. The trait for it makes you better at butchering them, so it won't take that long. It also makes you better at various skills and crafting to balance out the deficiency.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 08:29:15 pm »

So what I read, I can slow time for my perspective (to others I would look like I would be moving faster) and "stop" it for what would be a half a second...

So I just need to practice... then DOMINATION!
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 11:17:26 am »

Well I guess that's ok if I choose my actions carefully.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 08:18:51 pm »

So there's still one opening for this? Can I get in here? And can I make some traits up? I'll change anything you don't think works balance or gameplay wise.

Eswen

Skills:
Basic Wind Magic
Basic Illusion Magic
Great (Shotguns)

Trait/Deficiency:
Observant (+1 spot and search)
Clumsy (-1 accuracy and balance)

Inventory:
Mossberg Maverick
Pinstripe Suit
Giant Cigar
Bowlers Cap
Zippo Lighter

EDIT : And I vote for starting in an Italian restaurant. Just to be difficult.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:36:02 pm by kinseti »

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 12:42:54 am »

Yeah there was still one opening, and you sure can join. Don't worry too much about you making things unbalanced, just make sure to bring it up if I do ;D

As for Glamour magic, can what you have in mind be classed as illusion magic? You will be good at disguising yourself even without any magic. You are Good at Disguises, meaning +1 reaction rolls if disguised, or +2 if they like who/what you are disguised as.
And because that's 6 people, lets get this this show on the road!
And I never said you all had to start together ;)

Turn 0 - The Awakening
It is dawn, of another normal day here, and a few people decide to have a little fun in this bright and cheery and utterly dull town.
There is Mr. Black, a repulsive man who looks like something out of a sci-fi movie, who just sits in the Gutrot Pub in the industrial district, looking contemplative.
There is Relm, who just looks so cool in her jacket, resting in her apartment in Golly's Apartments in the Artisan's Quarter, who seems like she is waiting for something to happen.
Errol also decides to liven things up, and is ready with his array of illusions and 3 glass diamonds, who waits in his house in the Residential district.
Another man is Don, a man with a keen eye, who seems like an old army veteran with a penchant for finishing things, enjoying a stroll in the artisans district at dawn.
Humaan, with an eye that would miss a meteor crashing into the planet, looks patiently at his clock, his eyes fixated on the time. He strolls out of bed and walks around his house in the Artisan's Quarter.
Lastly there is Eswen, who is light on his feet, but often seems to trip over, who is enjoying an early breakfast at his favourite shop, Mario's food dell'Italia. 
All 6 seem like they have something on their mind, as if they were contemplating what to make of this world...

Fire those turns away!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 04:29:50 pm by major_sephiroth »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28