Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376387 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Panzer Corps and UoC look similar to what I remember - but the game I'm thinking of had much simpler graphics. Like, not far from MSPaint level of graphics (flat 2d, two/three color sprites, etc)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Clash of Steel, perhaps? I don't remember it all that well, but kinda rings a bell or two.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Very close to it, but no, unfortunately v;
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2448 on: August 02, 2017, 09:16:14 am »

There was this one old (not old-old as in "80s old", but more like "late 90s/early 2000s") strategy game, I think it was real-time, that was largely focused on establishing trade routes rather than building or combat, in various historic scenarios, so you had horseback/camel-based trade routes in places like ancient China, trading rice, as well as ones involving trains in the 19th century.

I think it had a name like Age of X (not Age of Empires, I don't think), or The X (like The Settlers), and it might have been a series because I think the one I had was a 2nd game in the series?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 09:19:00 am by Mes »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: August 02, 2017, 09:56:19 am »

Trade Empires? It had China and industrial era England, and I remember camels and trains both being involved there.
SigFlags!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: August 02, 2017, 01:44:25 pm »

Trade Empires? It had China and industrial era England, and I remember camels and trains both being involved there.
Yep, looks very much like it. Thanks!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: August 05, 2017, 04:29:02 am »

Time for more obscurity game I racked from the edges of my memory:

I remember getting this platformer game in early 2000s. It involved a little guy, wearing a knight suit, ascending a top-scrolling platformer to gather stars and rescue princess(es) or just reach the exit. Sometimes, you chief enemies were simply spikes or a flood of lava coming from below the screen.

The game was entirely in German and came with a map editor that was easy to use. Graphics were rather low quality, maybe made in Photoshop or even MSPaint.
SigFlags!

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: August 06, 2017, 01:13:05 am »

There was an amateur game series back when I was a kiddo, I think it was made in Gamemaker. There were four in the series, and it was a sidescrolling action game that let you know it was highly influenced by Grand Theft Auto. I remember in the first game, a lot of sounds were ripped from other things. South Park was one of them; if you died you got a "Screw you guys, I'm going home!". I remember that it may or may not have had destroyable buildings, too. If you got a full wanted level, a huge robot would come and fight you in the fourth entry.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: August 18, 2017, 05:36:15 pm »

There is a fairly new idle/incremental game I came across sometime last year that was in beta I'm having trouble finding again. The premise was that you were building a burgeoning village of sorts, researching new technologies and assigning workers to their roles. You had to get water (which could go bad), food (which could also go bad), and generally keep a delicate balance of ensuring that your village continued to grow while having enough people to assign all around, since they could get sick and die, causing health problems for the rest of your village, but also potentially being a food source for your starving villagers (if you get the research for it). Exploring also played a part, as you would have to scout nearby areas to find different resources.

You could actually lose if you didn't pay enough attention.

Edit: Found it, because it was bugging the hell out of me. It was made by the same guy who did Cookie Clicker and can be found here http://orteil.dashnet.org/legacy/
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:27:03 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: August 19, 2017, 07:09:33 am »

* Haspen shakes fist at Astral for providing that link.

Give me back 6 hours of my life you bastard!
SigFlags!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: August 19, 2017, 07:24:04 am »

Meh, it actually didn't have nearly as much content as I would have expected from a clicker. Eventually you run out of things to research and a bunch of stuff has no actual use. It's very clearly an alpha.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: September 03, 2017, 04:23:48 pm »

Hey, so back like in 2006 or something, this was a game I spent hours on. It was a little 2d one, everything was on a square grid system. You started out as a mounted hero, going out on a letter from your friend... Gregarius? to reach him. You meet another mounted guy, simple dude with a spear and horse, and a priest, groups of whom had been sent out to fight the monsters but most had failed. These two then join your party, and you fight your way through some maps and to the monastery to meet your friend. On the way for some gold you can hire a simple soldier on foot, and then when you reach your friend you learn this is all brought about by someone known as the black rider. The next thing you do is try to recruit a paladin or templar or whatever into your ranks, and they agree to if you repair their catapult, which you have to save a woodsman family to get wood to make them a new one. Then their captain joins your ranks. There was a mission where you save a city by bringing it's citizens home, one where you fight a dude called Iron Bear, a labryinth map where you assemble a map from items, a tower where you could defeat then be cursed by a vampire, a campaign against some opposing lord to someone you're indebted to... It was an awesome game.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

CosmicHitman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: September 04, 2017, 07:15:28 pm »

I don't remember a lot, so sorry if this isn't enough info. I remember the game was a bit old, like PS2 era graphics, and a 3D environment. You controlled a guy who could control a giant mech thing that fought other mech sized things. But the guy wasn't like inside the mech, he would be standing on a building controlling it from a distance. You could switch control between the mech to fight, and the guy to move around and get a better vantage point to see the fight happening.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: September 04, 2017, 08:02:17 pm »

Robot Alchemic Drive. Been meaning to play that one myself, actually.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

CosmicHitman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: September 04, 2017, 08:15:52 pm »

That is exactly it. Thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 204