Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376388 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #2475 on: December 11, 2017, 02:18:19 am »

So, this might be weird and I will be very surprised if anyone gets it. But I'm thinking of a multiplayer game about hacking. I 100% know the game was Java-applet based. Basically, everyone in the game had a computer server, and it emulated hacking. The scripts in the game were all handwritten; you would write a firewall program that would alert you if another player tried to hack you, you would write a program that would break into other players servers and then start re-routing their resources to yourself. There was also a market for selling the programs you wrote to other players through an online market.

That's about all I can remember. I'm pretty sure the game had "Hack" in the URL and also it's not the other hacking game we had a thread for before, Slavehack, which is a lot of fun.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: December 11, 2017, 03:16:04 am »

So, this might be weird and I will be very surprised if anyone gets it. But I'm thinking of a multiplayer game about hacking. I 100% know the game was Java-applet based. Basically, everyone in the game had a computer server, and it emulated hacking. The scripts in the game were all handwritten; you would write a firewall program that would alert you if another player tried to hack you, you would write a program that would break into other players servers and then start re-routing their resources to yourself. There was also a market for selling the programs you wrote to other players through an online market.

That's about all I can remember. I'm pretty sure the game had "Hack" in the URL and also it's not the other hacking game we had a thread for before, Slavehack, which is a lot of fun.
Some further investigation found it. The game was HackWars.net, but the website is currently defunct. Rest in pieces.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: December 11, 2017, 03:09:03 pm »

There's this pixel art Dredd/Robocop-inspired sidescroller I read about a while ago. I think JYDGE is conceptually similar, but no, it's not it.

I think it's in Early Access right now, but I can't for the life of me remember its name, so I can't find it.

Any help?

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: December 11, 2017, 04:31:46 pm »

There's this pixel art Dredd/Robocop-inspired sidescroller I read about a while ago. I think JYDGE is conceptually similar, but no, it's not it.

I think it's in Early Access right now, but I can't for the life of me remember its name, so I can't find it.

Any help?
miniLAW?

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: December 11, 2017, 10:21:01 pm »

How is that game called where you go around through 2D procedurally generated partially-destructible levels shooting enemies, and the main gimmick is that enemies drop improvements for your shooting that stack additively at the same time, i.e. you could get splitting addon and piercing addon and then each attack of your would both split and pierce through enemies?
._.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: December 12, 2017, 02:46:09 pm »

Sounds like Binding Of Isaac, though it could be a lot of things I think.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: December 13, 2017, 12:08:32 am »

Sounds like Binding Of Isaac, though it could be a lot of things I think.
No it's not that. It's 2D side-view, not top-down.
._.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: December 19, 2017, 09:09:17 pm »

Trying to remember a TBS/wargame from the early '00s (maybe late '90s, but I doubt it). The premise was that various fantasy races invaded modern Earth through dimensional portals or whatever and you had to repulse them with tanks, artillery, and such. I wanna say eastern European developer, but I really can't remember.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: December 19, 2017, 09:30:36 pm »

Sounds like an adaptation of that Gate manga/LN/anime. Was it anime-styled?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: December 19, 2017, 09:41:22 pm »

It's pretty much absolutely certain it's not a GATE spinoff, given the suggested year range. GATE's manga didn't even start until 2011, nevermind anything else. Books didn't even start until mid '00s, heh.

That said. That sounds hella' like spellcross, and the devs were indeed eastern european or summat like that.

Pretty great game for its time, incidentally. Aged decently, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: December 19, 2017, 10:19:16 pm »

Yes, thanks, Spellcross was what I was looking for. I played it years after its release (hence my sketchy grasp of when it came out), but it still held up well, yeah.

carabide

• Bay Watcher
  • Want to see my Wabbajack?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: January 12, 2018, 07:49:51 pm »

This one was an educational game that I played about 15 years ago I think?It had Yellow creatures of some sort teaching electric currents, sound waves, and lenses and lights used to hatch eggs. It was very catoon-y. Dont remember much other then that, sadly.
Diagnosis screen: Inoperable rot in the head.

Urist McPeasantDoctor: WE NEED TO AMPUTATE!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: January 13, 2018, 01:04:52 pm »

Creatures, i guess? Yellow and cartoony creatures, don't sure about the other things.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Modern JRPG. Combat is organised with teams of characters, and sort of operates on a rock-paper-scissor basis.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 204