Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375674 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I thought it was Space Hulk in the Humble Weekly Bundle that was this, but turns out it isn't (at least from the descriptions)-- or I might even be mixing elements of different games together here...

It's some kind of a futuristic setting and there's a persistent world, where you're picking missions off of it, effectively preparing for a big onslaught after X number of days (missions). Winning a lab mission might give a tech tree boost, while destroying a factory will reduce the amount of enemies you'll face in the final mission. I feel like it was some kind of turn-based strategy, though the idea it had TD elements is bouncing around in my brain. It was recent (within the last year or so), and an indie production. I recall seeing a screenshot where somebody managed to stack a sniper rifle or something to a ridiculous rate of fire, and a range that could shoot things from off the edge of the final map.

Any ideas?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Almost certainly. There's a thread rolling around here somewhere, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bionic Dues?

Aha! Thank you! It slipped my mind until I saw this week's Humble and I was momentarily pumped to give it a shot, then disappointment struck.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An old (2000s or thereabouts) 3D game where you were a gladiator and controlled his sword (and probably shield, too) with a mouse.

Got it in a freeware bundle with Stellar Frontier.

Any help? Ideas?

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An old (2000s or thereabouts) 3D game where you were a gladiator and controlled his sword (and probably shield, too) with a mouse.

Was it this?
http://www.instantkingdom.com/forge/

"holding down the left mouse button and moving the mouse say up, will raise your gladiators sword up and moving it down will bring it down"
That sounds like something that'd actually fall into the "Game Features that used to excite you, but make you Groan now" thread.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:53:05 am by Aoi »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Was it this?

"holding down the left mouse button and moving the mouse say up, will raise your gladiators sword up and moving it down will bring it down"
That sounds like something that'd actually fall into the "Game Features that used to excite you, but make you Groan now" thread.
A similar system was used in Die By The Sword, but it was a bit earlier (1998), you were playing as a knight rather than a gladiator, and I don't remember there being shields. At least not controllable ones.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was it this?

Oh yeah, this. Had no idea it was still available.

anexiledone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't have much info on this game as I played it at a time where I wasn't really into these kinds of things.

It was a MUD style browser based game. I believe the background color for the page was a dark green. It was sort of like a medieval life game and you would start on this massive continent. I think it started with either a C or a U. It seemed really deep, and had a large amount of skills. I was kind of scared off by the depth of it so I never really played it much.

I know this is extremely vague, but hopefully someone can figure it out lol

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

It was for the Nintendo 64, a strategy game. All I really remember about it is that you started as some kind of prince or something like that and you had an alchemist and that there was a "ranger" skill that would decrease your chances of being attacked while camping. Also you apparently had to camp at night :P

Not much to go on, but there it is.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Google-fu turned up Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage. Izzat it? S'not really a strategy game, though...
Ask not!
Ask!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

Ogre Battle 64?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

No, neither of those are it sadly.

I remember it was turn based as opposed to real time, the system was very Might and Magic-y...

I actually thought it might be Ogre Battle 64 before asking, and looked it up and was sad that it wasn't what I was looking for (though it looks like a cool game)

It DID have something to do with ogres though, I think one was either an early monster/boss or an early companion.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

It'll have to be one of the two mentioned, though. Most likely Ogre Battle 64. Because there are only two turn-based strategy games on the N64, and the other one is Super Robot Taisen 64.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Ogre Battle 64's definitely pretty great, for what that's worth. Mind you, I say that being incredibly biased because the Ogre Battle combat system is basically my favorite game mechanic, period, but...

Actual guess is that it's either not on the N64 or it's one of the RPG games for it. Which... there isn't a very large list, either way. For what it's worth, here is a list of N64 RPGs, and here's one of strategy. There's... not very many of them.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 204