Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375680 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

For what it's worth, I've never played it. Was just flexing the google-fu a bit. Only n64 sorta-RPG things I played were Quest (HAHAHAHAHA) and Ogre Battle (lovely game). Admittedly that's like 40% (mild hyberbole!) of all N64 RPG-type things but still.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile

So it's a horror game on the Gamecube(I think) with a third person perspective.  You find a spooky hotel and become a guest, however the owner wants to collect your soul(which is a bad thing).  In your sleep, the Grim Reaper visits you and tasks you to collect the souls of the other guests, who are all monsters of some variety.  Everyone is blocky and cartoonish.  The first guest is a lizard nurse thing, and I think the owner is a rat person.

Also at some point there is a guest who is a scale/balance thing and you play a board game with it at some point.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A combat plane flying 3D game from the 2000-2005 or thereabouts. Series of combat missions, the first one being basically fly around, opponents started appearing around mission 3 or 4. PC.

It might have had a cyan HUD, since a cyan HUD keeps showing up in my dreams. :P

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

There was this one Breakout clone game I played ages ago, and its unique seller point was that sometimes dwarves/gnomes would pop up from the blocks and would start throwing pots at your bat, stunning it. You could also hit the with your ball, causing them to fly, and bounce them around with the bat, and they could eventually explode if you bounced them around enough times, giving you extra points.

It was stupid fun, but I can't remember the name of it for crap. I got it from a shovelware CD though, and unlike most other games and programs said CD contained it was a really good game. Plus dwarves...Or gnomes. Come on.

Ha, found it - Jardinains.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile

There's this sci-fi game, kinda like the Empires mod for Half-Life 2, where you would research stuff and use it to build heavily customizable AI vehicles, from spider drones to hugeass tanks, that you could manually control as well. It's pretty old too.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An old space sim game, though the graphics were pretty good for the time, top down view. You had the main view with your ship and then various miscellaneous views on the right hand side; power management and radar. You could adjust power into engines, shields, and weapons in addition to upgrading those components directly. Weapons and shields also had secondary attributes defined by squiggles or lines, indicating (I guess) how effective it was against the opposite. Shield power could also be managed in terms of front/left/right/rear.

The course of the story you pick up a cloaking device and a hyperspeed engine (that consumed power which had to be refilled with crystals) and are told to go investigate some other planet by your government (this is after doing a bunch of stuff in the "main" solar systems)... but when you get there, surprise, your own government offered you up as a sacrifice. But the dudes help you get back, much to the chagrin of your government. The farthest I remember getting was entering some wormhole after getting home (maybe a bit farther than that point) at which point the game fades to black and suggests you play the next installment.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

There's this sci-fi game, kinda like the Empires mod for Half-Life 2, where you would research stuff and use it to build heavily customizable AI vehicles, from spider drones to hugeass tanks, that you could manually control as well. It's pretty old too.
Full 3D game with direct-control, spider drones and huge-ass tanks sounds like Machines: Wired for War.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An old space sim game, though the graphics were pretty good for the time, top down view. You had the main view with your ship and then various miscellaneous views on the right hand side; power management and radar. You could adjust power into engines, shields, and weapons in addition to upgrading those components directly. Weapons and shields also had secondary attributes defined by squiggles or lines, indicating (I guess) how effective it was against the opposite. Shield power could also be managed in terms of front/left/right/rear.

The course of the story you pick up a cloaking device and a hyperspeed engine (that consumed power which had to be refilled with crystals) and are told to go investigate some other planet by your government (this is after doing a bunch of stuff in the "main" solar systems)... but when you get there, surprise, your own government offered you up as a sacrifice. But the dudes help you get back, much to the chagrin of your government. The farthest I remember getting was entering some wormhole after getting home (maybe a bit farther than that point) at which point the game fades to black and suggests you play the next installment.

Taking a guess because I can't remember it that well, but I'm pretty sure I've played this...

Solar Wind?  http://www.mobygames.com/game/solar-winds-the-escape

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile

Full 3D game with direct-control, spider drones and huge-ass tanks sounds like Machines: Wired for War.

Well, it really looks like it in the graphics, but all units were custom-made and shoved together from different researched parts.
Edit: It's probably more like Warzone 2100 than Empires.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:33:14 am by Donuts »
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Taking a guess because I can't remember it that well, but I'm pretty sure I've played this...

Solar Wind?  http://www.mobygames.com/game/solar-winds-the-escape

Definitely, thanks. I had a strong feeling in had Solar somewhere in the title, but I was looking at things like "Solaris" or "Solar Flux."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Well, it really looks like it in the graphics, but all units were custom-made and shoved together from different researched parts.
Edit: It's probably more like Warzone 2100 than Empires.
You could be misremembering that, at least in regards to Machines - a lot of things in there pretty much look like they were slapped together from different researched parts, especially the spider drones which you could outfit with one or two of every kind of weapon you research.

However, now that you mention it, there's another game. Not sure if it's that old to qualify for those sort of graphics, but there's Parkan: Iron Strategy.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile

bnump because this thread has an unusual name and can be difficult to search for.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Forgotten the name of this thread?  Ask... um... in any other random place.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile

I'm looking for a japanese freeware 2d platformer game in which you play as a ghost who can only progress by possessing enemies and using their special abilities to beat the levels. Some of the enemies could dash sideways and others could break blocks or throw projectiles. It plays a lot like Kirby. I believe the name begins with O, though I could be wrong. Does anybody remember this game?
EDIT: My google-fu improved right after I made this post. It's called Obake, and I highly recommend it!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:37:51 pm by mr. macduggan »
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One those kickstarter alpha prototypes about being on mars, or a planet that's red like mars but has plants, and animals, and crafting (which didn't really work). Pretty good graphics.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 204