Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209837 times)

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1665 on: June 22, 2009, 09:32:42 am »

I'd like to live in Bottleneck, methinks. Where do I apply? And where is it? The red circle in the first post?

I can guide you down if you like, and help you get started.  Give me your char name and location and im on my way

Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: June 22, 2009, 10:41:59 am »

Make sure you post your character name so we know who you are.

Imajica. I'm currently a ways away, but I'll get there eventually. Or die trying. When I arrive I'll bother someone about where I can put up a claim/house/etc.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: June 22, 2009, 11:45:59 am »

I waited around about 30 min, but im off to bed now.  Sorry.  you can follow the road down, it should be safe.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: June 22, 2009, 01:17:30 pm »

Went through the wilds, contracted a leech in the swamp, got attacked by a fox, but I'm there now!

Building my site south-east ish, just above the forest, near the mine.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: June 22, 2009, 07:55:06 pm »

I have now completed my road between Bottleneck and the greater Brodgar area.  ...though once you get back near Brodgar, you're on your own, because their roads are an absolute mess up there.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: June 23, 2009, 01:52:22 am »

Got me a house, built a road, made you guys apple pie and carrot cake, and next on the list is STEEL!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: June 23, 2009, 02:06:23 am »

Interesting. Niltras, did you put the parchment in one of my chests?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: June 23, 2009, 08:19:20 am »

Nope, I dont even have the tresspassing skill so I cant interact with objects.  Nothing was taken, so i wasnt planning on attacking anyway unless the person force summoned was a known bad guy, just wanted to get the name. 
Again, Im sorry about the misunderstanding.  I was just told that someone had left theif marks on the smelter and chest and asked to look into it.  As soon as I very confusedly asked Eyriss about it, she remembered telling you to look in there.  Sorry if i caused any inconvinience, but I did not interact with anything on your area.
PM me if the parchement bears further discussion, but it wasnt me.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: June 23, 2009, 08:35:46 am »

Damn, just read that steelmaking requires refueling every 12 hours! Is there a "crucible refueling team" in BN I can sign up with? I really can't login more than once per day...

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: June 23, 2009, 08:36:24 am »

When I try to run the game, it kicks off about the certificated failing. How do I fix/get around this?

EDIT:
Fixed.

Anyway, I got in game, and the controls are terrible! Not to mention the lack of how to... Where do i get an axe for cutting wood? Where do I learn skills? Something about LP.

Moving around would of been much easier with the arrow keys, rather than testing the patience of Pathfinding - which is non-existant.
I was worried for a moment beforehand that this may have been a competitor against MyWorld, but it's really not :/ .
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 09:58:29 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: June 23, 2009, 09:58:33 am »

Nope, I dont even have the tresspassing skill so I cant interact with objects.  Nothing was taken, so i wasnt planning on attacking anyway unless the person force summoned was a known bad guy, just wanted to get the name. 
Again, Im sorry about the misunderstanding.  I was just told that someone had left theif marks on the smelter and chest and asked to look into it.  As soon as I very confusedly asked Eyriss about it, she remembered telling you to look in there.  Sorry if i caused any inconvinience, but I did not interact with anything on your area.

Nah, 't was nothing. Just an anonymous murder threat if I resumed my thieving actions. I suppose I'll quit doing that sort of stuff near Laketown. Or perhaps Clayshire, although I didn't even steal anything from Clayshire, so I guess it was Laketown. Yeah.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: June 23, 2009, 12:26:42 pm »

I was worried for a moment beforehand that this may have been a competitor against MyWorld, but it's really not :/ .

No offense, but I'd like to point out this game is still in Alpha, with many things planned, including pathfinding. And unlike your game, they are already online and popular enough, so they have a head start.

Again, no offense meant, but you can't really critisize the game for being inferior to yours when yours isnt even ready to show the public yet...

Oh and, I doubt there really is any chance of 'competition' between this kind of indie games. They are far too few and far between, unlike WoW and its clones.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 12:28:35 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: June 23, 2009, 04:29:37 pm »

No offense, but I'd like to point out this game is still in Alpha, with many things planned, including pathfinding. And unlike your game, they are already online and popular enough, so they have a head start.

Again, no offense meant, but you can't really critisize the game for being inferior to yours when yours isnt even ready to show the public yet...

Oh and, I doubt there really is any chance of 'competition' between this kind of indie games. They are far too few and far between, unlike WoW and its clones.

I was just annoyed by how lost I was, nothing personal against them :D
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: June 23, 2009, 05:12:46 pm »

EDIT:

Alright, I've thought things over and I'm quitting the game. I've been catching flak elsewhere about how much time it's been taking away from some of my other hobbies, and I've honestly done about everything I can do at this juncture. I might come back at some point, as I really do like where the game is going, but I've got other things to attend to now.

I've left my house de-claimed and moved my Hearthfire (so as not to cause the civilization to be any higher than it needs to be), and only taken my most valuable items with me. The rest is free for the community to use as they see fit.

It's been fun, guys, but I've had to reprioritize.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 06:06:10 pm by KoE »

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: June 23, 2009, 07:10:36 pm »

Edit : Epic quote fail.  Thanks, KoE, for linking the epic quote fail to the HnH site lol.
Nope, definitely not me.  Like i said, nothing was taken, it was just opened, according to Eyriss.  So I wouldnt have left something like that in any event. 
Nah, 't was nothing. Just an anonymous murder threat if I resumed my thieving actions. I suppose I'll quit doing that sort of stuff near Laketown. Or perhaps Clayshire, although I didn't even steal anything from Clayshire, so I guess it was Laketown. Yeah.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 05:01:15 am by niltrias »
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 171