Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209802 times)

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1635 on: June 20, 2009, 02:11:33 pm »

And then they will wander off in search of my road and be eaten by a grue.

Only at night.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: June 20, 2009, 02:23:04 pm »

Which is by the way, craptacular.

;D

Oh, and Sowelu, I'm in the market for Honey Buns. ALOT of Honey Buns. You won't freaking BELIEVE how many Honey Buns I want to buy from you. It is absolutely fucking ridiculous, I'm telling you, the amount that I want to obtain, just from you.

You will shit bricks.

I think you meant to address me, since I am the one who offered previously and Sowelu doesn't play H&H. Unfortunately, I am no longer in the market, having founded a new settlement wherein wagon access to anywhere is impossible, and having aquired an industry inclined companion with which to co-inhabit the area.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: June 20, 2009, 03:07:59 pm »

Eh. I'm fucking tired. Yeah you. Also. FUCK.

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: June 20, 2009, 03:11:21 pm »

Trying this game out.

Can't attack anything, wtf.

Have no clue what I am doing, can't harvest anything for crafts

Can't do anything but walk around and steal from unclaimed baskets.
--

Edit: figured out how to build stuff and found some trees for branches. Still can't seem to figure out how to attack
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 03:25:32 pm by Thndr »

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: June 20, 2009, 04:47:44 pm »

Unlike most MMOs, you have to obtain skills before you can fight things.  I don't remember exactly which ones, though.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: June 20, 2009, 05:02:17 pm »

yeh you basically have to make 20 stick baskets and tada! you know know how to punch something and how to make a fishing rod.....annoying skill system but unique and fun.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: June 20, 2009, 05:24:22 pm »

I think I found something odd... somebody test it with a crucible.

Take the ingredients for anything, put it all into the crucible/oven/kiln/smelter, and let it sit there, unlit and unfueled, for any amount of time equal to or greater than the time required to complete it. Then fuel up and light the fire. Wait for one tick and tell me if anything happened.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: June 20, 2009, 05:26:31 pm »

I believe this applies to fueled things that do NOT use the "progress pie" thing.  Crucibles DO use this, so it wouldn't help there.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: June 20, 2009, 05:30:14 pm »

Hence the "somebody test it with a crucible". :) It worked with my oven and smelter. I've yet to build a crucible, so I can't begin testing at the moment.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: June 20, 2009, 06:14:36 pm »

Well, in the interest of bug testing, someone probably should. But even if it does work with crucibles, I'm not sure how you can exploit that for any gain. With smelters, you basically save 3/4 of your fuel. Almost everything else takes branches, right? Those aren't all that difficult to come by. Very immature trees produce branches, so just having an herbalist's table and a few apple cores / fir cones solves a lot of your fueling problems.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: June 21, 2009, 12:38:06 am »

Attention all,

The election for the positions of Lawspeaker and Chieftan for the village of Bottleneck is happening now in the H&H forums.

If you are a citizen or otherwise have a stake in the outcome, please participate.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: June 21, 2009, 01:05:37 am »

With crucibles, it would actually save a lot of trouble. You have to log in every 12 hours to refuel them, keeping them up for two and a half RL days. If they could be left sitting there without fuel for those 2.5 days, only to immediately complete after burning for 1 tick, I think that's profit right there.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: June 21, 2009, 02:37:41 am »

I suppose that's true, but I've never found logging in once every 12 hours as a major imposition. Once before leaving for work/school/whatever, a quick check in the afternoon, and refill them to the top once again before you go to bed. 

It bears testing, still, but I'm not sure anybody wants to take the chance on letting a crucible idle for 56 hours and producing nothing.

Anyway, important business with regards to Ox's last post;

According to Loftar, the village will likely initially only have five people officially (assuming there is no update between now and then). Since I'm pretty sure these five people have to be on together, we should probably start recruiting for the folks who'll be on then. Two of these people will likely be the winners of the elections, so we need three others to do it - probably some of the runner-ups, but time zone considerations might crop up. We'll likely play it by ear.

Also, we've got info on what the object itself takes;

<Lightning4> 4 bear teeth, 4 deer antlers, 10 dreams, 200 stone, 20 wood blocks, 20 boards, and 40 bones.

The first two are in the stockpile - easy enough. We have sufficient dreams as well. We've also got sufficient bones as the fletching has started to cause a massive overflow in the main stockpile as well.

The wood blocks equates to 5 stumps - easily found in the southwest forest - and the 20 boards are 4  logs (and some leftovers) cut with a metal saw, so two trees are sufficient (also likely to be taken from the south forest).

We should either collect these items and place them somewhere for safekeeping, or be sure not to use them before the idol is placed.

The last is the gripiest - 200 stone is a cartload and then a significant portion of another cart. We'll likely want to start this one early, though simply taking stone out of the smelters should get us there fairly easily.

My proposition would be to begin collecting these in carts in the cart parking area - at the very least the stone. We would need a total of three full carts - one dedicated to boards and a few blocks, one dedicated to stone, and another with a mix of stone and the other items. We're also a few chests short, so I plan on building those (and another cart) in preparation.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: June 21, 2009, 04:35:12 am »

That's another thing.

The maker of the Village pole would be the lawspeaker, so the person that wins the election would have to be the one to place the pole.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: June 21, 2009, 05:54:48 am »

carts can hold 4 straw baskets, which together can hold 64 stones....so how can 2 carts hold 200?
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 171