Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209821 times)

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1650 on: June 21, 2009, 07:01:15 am »

What damn dirty elf said anything about straw baskets? We've got plenty of carts in the depot with chests in them.

That's 36 inventory slots x 4 per cart; That's a little over 5 and a half chests worth of stone.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: June 21, 2009, 08:48:36 am »

I've got a small griefer problem living a small distance south of Old Laketown. The guy atomsmashes every unfinished building and made off with my cart. However, he doesn't dare to enter my claim, which is coincidentially encompassing the vast majority of my land.

He's pathetic and a wuss. I just lost one beehive, two kilns and one cart, all of which is easily replaceable.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: June 21, 2009, 08:58:36 am »

I've got a small griefer problem living a small distance south of Old Laketown. The guy atomsmashes every unfinished building and made off with my cart. However, he doesn't dare to enter my claim, which is coincidentially encompassing the vast majority of my land.

He's pathetic and a wuss. I just lost one beehive, two kilns and one cart, all of which is easily replaceable.

Just put everything in your claim. Also, does he keep doing these things or did it just happen once?
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: June 21, 2009, 10:24:41 am »

Wazzle frazzle? Has Bottleneck been getting any greifers lately?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: June 21, 2009, 11:55:33 am »

None that I'm aware of. Hell, I haven't even had trespassers on my property, even though I haven't enabled kin access.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: June 21, 2009, 07:08:29 pm »

I believe the extent of grief we've had has consisted of Jorb forgetting to delete a theft clue on my steel crucibles, sending me on a wild goose chase for someone I could not possibly catch, and I thought was in a mine due to a bug report that had actually been fixed, and some suspicion of thievery over stuff lost in crashes yesterday.

Apart from that, we're sittin' pretty.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: June 21, 2009, 07:13:51 pm »

Aside from unlocking the theft ability, does trespassing really have any use at all now?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: June 21, 2009, 08:00:01 pm »

I'm pretty sure it allows you to interact with objects on claims - which, bizarrely, I'm pretty sure means you could steal stuff out of baskets and whatnot (haven't tried it, obviously). I use it to read runestones on claims from time to time because I am a nosy bastard.

I think theft lets you walk off with the whole basket / carts, but I'm probably way off base.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: June 22, 2009, 06:30:14 am »

I need to check the Other Games forum more often. Not wanting to read through 100+ pages of stuff, is there a summary somewhere other than the map in the OP?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: June 22, 2009, 06:46:00 am »

Just put everything in your claim. Also, does he keep doing these things or did it just happen once?

My claim pretty much encompasses everything, save some wheat fields. He did it twice so far, so he may return.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: June 22, 2009, 09:17:37 am »

I just noticed somebody harvested from the communal carrot patch without replanting. There were at least 15 unplanted tiles. People, please don't harvest if you're not going to replant. It makes life harder for everyone in the village. Exception is grapes if you lack winemaking, of course, but even then you need to leave the seeds needed for replanting in the baskets by the entrance to vineyard.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #1661 on: June 22, 2009, 09:18:25 am »

My claim pretty much encompasses everything, save some wheat fields. He did it twice so far, so he may return.

There are a couple tresspass clues I left on your site that are mine, just so you know.
Why was I running around your place?  I was tracking theft markers.  And man, was I surprised when I force summoned you.
I didnt attack or anything, because Im sure you were looking around out of curiousity rather than criminal intent, but if i hadnt been a B12er...I think you should be more careful.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: June 22, 2009, 09:26:45 am »

I'd like to live in Bottleneck, methinks. Where do I apply? And where is it? The red circle in the first post?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: June 22, 2009, 09:28:45 am »

I'd like to live in Bottleneck, methinks. Where do I apply? And where is it? The red circle in the first post?

Yep.

Make sure you post your character name so we know who you are.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #1664 on: June 22, 2009, 09:31:39 am »

There are a couple tresspass clues I left on your site that are mine, just so you know.
Why was I running around your place?  I was tracking theft markers.  And man, was I surprised when I force summoned you.
I didnt attack or anything, because Im sure you were looking around out of curiousity rather than criminal intent, but if i hadnt been a B12er...I think you should be more careful.

After further conversation with Eyriss, I think i just figured out what happened.  A miscommunication, seems like.  Eyrisss fault.  She didnt tell me that she told you to go onto the claim to get the bars, just that there were theft icons.  When i told her who generated them, she remembered telling you to check the chest near the smelter. 

A caution to us alll.  These theft markers can be misleading.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 171