Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: The Sims 3 leak!  (Read 20551 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: The Sims 3 leak!
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2009, 04:37:56 pm »

Hmm.  Anyone know if it's possible to add new wants and fears to your sims through modding, in either Sims 2 or 3?

I just decided that I really want to add religion.  Mostly for the sheer awesome factor of random new-agey sims that want to hold solstice ceremonies or whatnot.  Also, influencing other sims to your religion (especially kids), and the fun wants/fears you'd get of raising a kid in a two-religion household.

Heck, the first thing I ever tried to do in The Sims 2 was make a community lot that was a church with a crazy random preacher living in it.  Of course that didn't work, like, at all.

...Actually, now that I think about it, I'd really like an open-source Sims type game so I could mod this kinda stuff into the core functionality :/
Well mabey you can get two sims. One who likes football and one who likes tenis, then pretend their christianity and islam. Viola, a multi-religion household.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2009, 04:41:28 pm »

Yeah but you really need new wants and fears to do that properly.  Easy enough to add a concept of 'this sim is this religion' through scripting, but without wants and fears, you can only have so much fun.

WANT:  My child visits religious ceremony.
FEAR:  My child converts to other religion.
(Lots of fun when parents are different religions.  Sometimes, the kid has to walk on eggshells around Mom, and has to choose the right time to bring up the conversion topic...)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2009, 04:43:56 pm »

Yeah but you really need new wants and fears to do that properly.  Easy enough to add a concept of 'this sim is this religion' through scripting, but without wants and fears, you can only have so much fun.

WANT:  My child goes to football game.
FEAR:  My child goes to tennis game.
(Lots of fun when parents are different religions.  Sometimes, the kid has to walk on eggshells around Mom, and has to choose the right time to bring up the conversion topic...)
There you go.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2009, 04:53:33 pm »

Aaaaaand you're missing the point, because THOSE wants/fears don't exist EITHER.

I need a way to add new wants and fears that don't exist yet.  Is that possible?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

ParkEX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2009, 06:07:49 pm »

God damn it, why do Sims have to age so overly fast? In Sims 2, you could at least buy those weird drinks that make them become young again, but here... I haven't found any special item that includes that. Maybe I just didn't look close enough, but duh.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 27, 2009, 06:09:35 pm »

God damn it, why do Sims have to age so overly fast? In Sims 2, you could at least buy those weird drinks that make them become young again, but here... I haven't found any special item that includes that. Maybe I just didn't look close enough, but duh.
cant you turn off ageing with a cheat?

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2009, 06:23:22 pm »

You can select a lifespan in the game options (the longest making Sims naturally live up to 960 game days). You can also turn off ageing at all there. Without turning off ageing, there's also life fruit.

As a gardener/scientist, you have a chance of randomly getting this at work. You can then plant this and grow more. They grow slow and only give 2 fruit per harvest (and last about as many harvests as other plants), but once you set up like 10 of these plants and have some gardening-related buffs, you should be able to grow them at a steady enough rate to eat a fruit per day (and each fruit eaten lengthens the sim's lifespan by 1 day).

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2009, 06:37:13 pm »

I don't get why science is so Dependant on Gardening and Fishing, but not logic.
!!&!!

ParkEX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2009, 07:11:15 pm »

You can select a lifespan in the game options (the longest making Sims naturally live up to 960 game days). You can also turn off ageing at all there. Without turning off ageing, there's also life fruit.

As a gardener/scientist, you have a chance of randomly getting this at work. You can then plant this and grow more. They grow slow and only give 2 fruit per harvest (and last about as many harvests as other plants), but once you set up like 10 of these plants and have some gardening-related buffs, you should be able to grow them at a steady enough rate to eat a fruit per day (and each fruit eaten lengthens the sim's lifespan by 1 day).

Oh! Cool, well in that case, I better check again. :P Thanks.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2009, 10:55:17 am »

I'm I the only one who made a family of hydrophobes and built a swimming pool around them then placed everything they need outside it?
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2009, 11:00:50 am »

I don't get why science is so Dependant on Gardening and Fishing, but not logic.

It's because it's not science, it's "Science!". Probably involves a lot of creating anchovy/tomato hybrids and the like. Heck, the lifetime wish for Science! is something like "become a something creature breeder" which I assume has something to do with Pokemon.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2009, 11:12:55 am »

It's because it's not science, it's "Science!". Probably involves a lot of creating anchovy/tomato hybrids and the like. Heck, the lifetime wish for Science! is something like "become a something creature breeder" which I assume has something to do with Pokemon.

Professor Oak has wet himself.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

blazing glory

« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2015, 03:39:01 am »

Fun fact:The Sims 3 doesn't really have a dedicated thread.

At least, if it does, it's camouflaged enough to avoid the forum search.

Anyway, The Sims 3 Into the future, is there a way to avoid receiving the Almanac of Time while still gaining access to the future or at least, the Time Traveler?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:43:54 am by blazing glory »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 08, 2015, 03:46:27 am »

Then make a new thread instead of necroing an ancient thread.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

blazing glory

« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2015, 04:41:54 am »

Then make a new thread instead of necroing an ancient thread.
Seems kind of too late to make a game thread and making a thread just to ask a specific question seems kind of pointless.

Ah whatever, worse threads have been made, and it's probably better then necroing anyway.

Here goes nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]