Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1347 1348 [1349] 1350 1351 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425725 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20220 on: December 25, 2016, 06:50:26 pm »

Many mods have been updated or remade for 1.10 already. There are a bunch of modpacks out too, and they're decently complete and playable.

Anyway, I won't be hosting another server anytime soon, as I don't have the time to commit right now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20221 on: December 26, 2016, 10:00:50 am »

FTB Infinity Lite up and corrupted itself on me, so I did an album of the things. RIP world.
Y'know, that world, the corrupted one, I think might be pretty interesting to actually seriously play in. Hm...

Hm. I wonder if it's possible to create a vanilla minecraft world, then apply some kind of function to randomize the block ids, but make the randomization constant(e.g. grass becomes diamond ore, wood becomes glass, no matter what). That could be interesting(or impossible) to play in.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20222 on: December 26, 2016, 06:04:09 pm »

Out of curiosity (and possibly future reference), how much does a decent server for running modded cost? By that I mean the servers often run by people on here.
Hosting yourself or with a service?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20223 on: December 26, 2016, 07:03:09 pm »

Out of curiosity (and possibly future reference), how much does a decent server for running modded cost? By that I mean the servers often run by people on here.
My last server was a Creeper-tier Creeperhost server, $40 per month or so.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #20224 on: December 29, 2016, 05:17:44 am »

Are there any other B12 Minecrafters who do YouTube videos? I'm looking to team up with a few other people instead of just my mom for videos and such.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20225 on: December 29, 2016, 07:17:01 am »

Team up in what way?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #20226 on: December 29, 2016, 07:21:03 am »

Making videos together, possibly running a small server. Basically, starting a small Minecraft "team" like Hermitcraft, Mindcrack, etc. (although obviously more casual).

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20227 on: December 29, 2016, 09:05:57 am »

Ah. Never considered making videos myself. Something to think about.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20228 on: December 29, 2016, 09:15:45 am »

Hmm. I know of some Bay12 folks who produce gaming content for Youtube, though not Minecraft-specific.

I -used- to stream indie games and Minecraft and upload to Youtube, and stuff like that. I'm rather out of practice though; my internet connection doesn't upload fast enough to let me stream anymore, despite having a computer that can handle it well, now. I was probably mostly entertaining for game design commentary, risk-taking behavior in game, and comedy (I guess?!), but again... I'm pretty rusty. Part of working with a team and making good group Gameplay Content is making sure your styles of entertainment compliment each other, and understanding who you're working with! "Having good chemistry" and all that.

If you do find a team here-abouts that fits your style, one thing I can handle pretty well is video editing, making icons and thumbnail graphics, effects, and audio-mixing. My free time is sorta limited, but if the workload wasn't bad I could probably chip in that way.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20229 on: December 29, 2016, 09:39:59 am »

My skills run more towards hosting, designing ridiculous mod automation contraptions that somehow work, and sometimes making pointless redstone devices.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20230 on: December 29, 2016, 04:26:54 pm »

i like collaboration

and i've also done some game stuff, though it's all music-related and a single dwarf fortress stream where i messed around with dfhack and intentionally played as badly as possible to mess with my one or two viewers

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20231 on: December 29, 2016, 04:36:59 pm »

I've streamed a couple of times to single-digit audiences. Haven't played Minecraft in years so I'd be really rusty on top of not having any real entertaining experience...

So I'm probably no good. Good luck with the LP group though!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20232 on: December 29, 2016, 06:37:38 pm »

Well, I like building, although not large complex things. And I really hate the tedious task of collecting resources for building.
Being in a video of sorts though? I don't know. Might be interesting to try. As long as my real face or name isn't required though.
I have a mic, but its quality is debatable. No experience of recording videos though.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:39:18 pm by Ultimuh »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20233 on: December 29, 2016, 06:52:09 pm »

I've streamed like, twice before and probably not very well either. And starsector is only related by programming language to minecraft.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:12:55 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20234 on: January 09, 2017, 01:39:29 pm »

So, I've been playing FTB lite 1.10 for a while, and I have a few questions:
My first question is that I am wondering what a good sorting/passing block is (eg. you put items into it or in a chest next to it, and it puts its items into an adjacent block when the square is empty and can accept more items).
My second question is more important. I am playing on Curses, (as I am pretty sure that there isn't any other way to play FTB) and every time I start it up it redownloads the entire modpack and puts it together again, which requires an internet connection and like 15 minutes. A) Is it supposed to do that and B) Is there any way to get it to not do that?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 1347 1348 [1349] 1350 1351 ... 1380